[CAN] Tru 25% off pirates, castle, 30% off bionicle

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
Alyvin
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

[CAN] Tru 25% off pirates, castle, 30% off bionicle

Post by Alyvin » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:00 am

Starting this friday, Toysrus has 25% off all pirates and castle. 30% off all bionicle cans.
Theres a Free $10 gift card when you buy 2 lego video games.

Last is they got a $5 off coupon which you can print online when you spend $25 or more.

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: [CAN] Tru 25% off pirates, castle, 30% off bionicle

Post by Ice » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:22 am

Thanks Alyvin for letting us know of this sale.

$5 Printable coupon available at ToysRUs.ca flier for instore.
Use coupon code febsave 5 for online.

Other items on sale includes these items
-25% off ALL LEGO Lights
-LEGO Camera $59.97 (reg.$69.99)
-LEGO Bionicle Digital Camera $17.97 (reg.$27.99)
-LEGO Clock Radio $29.97 (reg.$39.99)
-LEGO Walkie Talkie $19.97 (reg.$29.99)

Senator
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Senator » Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:41 pm

The market village is a good deal. Too bad its on backorder.

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:06 pm

Apparently, free shipping does not apply to on sale items according to the toysrus rep even when it says free shipping under the on sale item.

Alyvin
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Alyvin » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:57 pm

Forgot to mention, but theres an offer at the bottom of their site you get a $5 gift card for subscribing to today's parent magazine. The subscription is $18 and theres 12 issues.

https://w1.buysub.com/pubs/MH/TDP/tp_su ... =VZ2BBFDWN

hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Post by hatcher » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:35 pm

About the shipping, I was told that if you use the $5 promo code mentioned above, that it would invalidate your free shipping. They promised to give me the free shipping, but said it would take a couple of days for it to kick in. I don't know why they would say that free shipping doesn't apply on sale items, seems odd.
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:27 am

hatcher wrote:About the shipping, I was told that if you use the $5 promo code mentioned above, that it would invalidate your free shipping. They promised to give me the free shipping, but said it would take a couple of days for it to kick in. I don't know why they would say that free shipping doesn't apply on sale items, seems odd.
It was the BOGO 1/2 price deal for Lego Star Wars. The free shipping started during the middle of the sale and i purchased it during that time. However, the rep says its part of a promotion and would void the free shipping. I'll try to call today and see if I can get free shipping again.

Senator
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Senator » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:45 am

I know this is an old thread, but I got an email yesterday which makes me rather unhappy. :x The pirates imperial flag ship and medieval market is no longer available and they will compensate with a stupid $50 discount on the dropship or free shipping. How can they stop getting it when they had it for pre-order? The compensation isnt' that great. First theres already free shipping for all customers. Second $50 off dropship is less than 15% off. I was looking forward to the medieval market village and heard others were able to get it yet some wern't. I really hate them now.

beans
Peasant
Peasant

Post by beans » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:15 am

Where is the $5 off coupon on the website?

hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Post by hatcher » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:25 am

Senator wrote:I know this is an old thread, but I got an email yesterday which makes me rather unhappy. :x The pirates imperial flag ship and medieval market is no longer available and they will compensate with a stupid $50 discount on the dropship or free shipping. How can they stop getting it when they had it for pre-order? The compensation isnt' that great. First theres already free shipping for all customers. Second $50 off dropship is less than 15% off. I was looking forward to the medieval market village and heard others were able to get it yet some wern't. I really hate them now.
I feel and share your pain. I posted almost the exact same message over on fbtb.

I don't understand why they aren't getting anymore in, when they are both available on shop@Home. Isn't lego your distributor TRU? The cynic in me says they just don't want to honour the sale. I bet you in a months time they will miraculously reappear on their website, but at full price.

I'll still shop there, but I now hate TRU almost as much as I hate Walmart.
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

Senator
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Senator » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:20 pm

hatcher wrote:
I feel and share your pain. I posted almost the exact same message over on fbtb.

I don't understand why they aren't getting anymore in, when they are both available on shop@Home. Isn't lego your distributor TRU? The cynic in me says they just don't want to honour the sale. I bet you in a months time they will miraculously reappear on their website, but at full price.

I have the same thoughts as you. They probably have the stock coming in later and just don't want us to get the deal.

beethead
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by beethead » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:34 pm

Senator wrote:
hatcher wrote:

I have the same thoughts as you. They probably have the stock coming in later and just don't want us to get the deal.
I received the email as well. A lousy $50 off the Star Wars - Dropship with Walker that costs $349! That's an insulting 14% off! Especially since they had the buy one get one half off, which would give you 25% off if you bought two items at the same price. They could atleast give us a coupon for 25% off an order. The other option was free shipping on my next order. Big whoop since they have free shipping promotions frequently.

Like you, I think they don't want to honor the deal.

Senator
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Senator » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:45 pm

beethead wrote:
I received the email as well. A lousy $50 off the Star Wars - Dropship with Walker that costs $349! That's an insulting 14% off! Especially since they had the buy one get one half off, which would give you 25% off if you bought two items at the same price. They could atleast give us a coupon for 25% off an order. The other option was free shipping on my next order. Big whoop since they have free shipping promotions frequently.

Like you, I think they don't want to honor the deal.
Ya thats exactly what I said previously. They actually have free shipping going on to everyone who spends $49.99 or more on lego which is nothing special. They should offer something of equal value for the same price or equivalent discount. I.E. A $50 discount off the $200 Fire Brigade seem more appropriate than a $50 off a $350 set.

Some got the market village but did anyone actually got the imperial flagship? It was set on pre-order at a already rip off price of $250 compared to $230 at legoshop the whole time. Still they don't honor the sale.