[USA] Wal-Mart Clearance

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
Soccerd45
Citizen
Citizen

Re: [USA] Wal-Mart Clearance

Post by Soccerd45 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:07 pm

I just went to 2 walmarts in seattle and there were no sets on sale. The one thing I found was 6 Ninjago ATVs for the 50% off in a seperate section. I was hoping to find the Black Pearl for cheaper than Amazon today. Guess Ill just get it from Amazon :)

kk012
Peasant
Peasant

Post by kk012 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:40 pm

I just checked 1 Walmart near me. Nothing new on clearance :( Maybe, tomorrow?

brickster90
Knight
Knight

Post by brickster90 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:14 pm

Some I found were in the Lego aisle, others a few aisles over on a clearance rack.

BB.206
Citizen
Citizen

Post by BB.206 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:32 pm

Soccerd45 wrote:I just went to 2 walmarts in seattle and there were no sets on sale. The one thing I found was 6 Ninjago ATVs for the 50% off in a seperate section. I was hoping to find the Black Pearl for cheaper than Amazon today. Guess Ill just get it from Amazon :)
Are you in the Lynnwood area? I checked there too today. Was hoping to find Lighthouse Island for 50%.

Soccerd45
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Soccerd45 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:40 pm

BB.206 wrote:
Soccerd45 wrote:I just went to 2 walmarts in seattle and there were no sets on sale. The one thing I found was 6 Ninjago ATVs for the 50% off in a seperate section. I was hoping to find the Black Pearl for cheaper than Amazon today. Guess Ill just get it from Amazon :)
Are you in the Lynnwood area? I checked there too today. Was hoping to find Lighthouse Island for 50%.
Yea, i went to the lynnwood (they had the ATV) and everett walmarts with no luck. Im going south tomorrow.

clerkkent
Peasant
Peasant

Post by clerkkent » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:45 am

Our Walmart moved clearance toys to the garden section. The normal Lego aisle has been reset, but no product has arrived. The 'clearance' Lego are not really priced to move.. a crate of U.B. Maters at 29.96 each. A box of series 5 at 2.97 each. some Potter sets at $10 off MSRP.. and a handful of other items so forgettable that I forgot what they were.

Related topic: Does everyone else's Walmart set the self scanner 'beep' sound at a 'blow your ear drum out' volume? I have to cover one ear when scanning things.

Soccerd45
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Soccerd45 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:54 am

clerkkent wrote:Our Walmart moved clearance toys to the garden section. The normal Lego aisle has been reset, but no product has arrived. The 'clearance' Lego are not really priced to move.. a crate of U.B. Maters at 29.96 each. A box of series 5 at 2.97 each. some Potter sets at $10 off MSRP.. and a handful of other items so forgettable that I forgot what they were.

Related topic: Does everyone else's Walmart set the self scanner 'beep' sound at a 'blow your ear drum out' volume? I have to cover one ear when scanning things.
I do agree its quite loud, but not cover your ear loud ;)

panda157
I'm New !

Post by panda157 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:38 am

So I've been stalking my Wal-Mart for several weeks waiting for Black Pearl to drop below $74. There had been 5 copies remaining this week: 2 sealed and 3 suspect. I went in tonight and scanned 1 of the bad boxes. $30. All the sealed boxes were gone only leaving 3 suspect ones. For $30, I decided to try my luck. I picked a box that was completely taped up on one end. It felt heavy enough, maybe even a little bit heavier than normal. I got home and opened it up.

Everything was there. It also had 2 rowboats and bag2 from Whitecap Bay.

sidersdd
Knight
Knight

Post by sidersdd » Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:12 am

^ Perhaps a new reality show where AFOLs take their chances at buying suspect LEGO sets and then opening them to reveal the goods (ala Storage Wars or Storage Hunters) should be in the works. :)

salty tbone
I'm New !

Post by salty tbone » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:41 am

clerkkent wrote:Related topic: Does everyone else's Walmart set the self scanner 'beep' sound at a 'blow your ear drum out' volume? I have to cover one ear when scanning things.
Yes. Not all of them are like that, but one scanner makes me wince. It's as if they want people at the registers to know someone in toys is checking a price. The scanners are slow in my Walmarts, too. They can only scan one item every 10-15 seconds. Target's are instant.

Brownstone
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Brownstone » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:51 am

I like Target's old scanners that have a keypad. You can type in the DPCI of a product and the terminal will report the price, the quantity in stock, and where in the store they are stocked. The newer scanners Target is installing no longer have keypads.

Regarding the "beep" from the Walmart scanners, I agree it is way too loud.

octick
Knight
Knight

Post by octick » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:49 am

clerkkent wrote: Related topic: Does everyone else's Walmart set the self scanner 'beep' sound at a 'blow your ear drum out' volume? I have to cover one ear when scanning things.
LOL. I have to plug my ear and turn my head away when I scan, so my ear drum doesn't explode from the near 100 db beep.
panda157 wrote: Everything was there. It also had 2 rowboats and bag2 from Whitecap Bay.
Score. I like thieves who give instead of taking. Lego Robin Hood of sorts.

I stumbled upon and purchased a Scorpion Pyramid yesterday 50% off. That is a rarity at Wal-Mart.
turtle1173 wrote:Found the good stuff today at Walmart. Republic Frigate for $59. .
I would like to find a Republic Frigate for 50% off. :angel:
Last edited by octick on Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:51 am

clerkkent wrote:Related topic: Does everyone else's Walmart set the self scanner 'beep' sound at a 'blow your ear drum out' volume? I have to cover one ear when scanning things.
Those things hurt my ears, especially when you have to scan like 10-20 items to see if they are on clearance. :crazy:

SlickP
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by SlickP » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:08 am

Went to 5 Walmarts this morning and in typical Walmart fashion here is what I found:

#1 & #2 - Everything that was on "clearance" the last few weeks wasn't moved or marked down any further, they just added some red ballons. Still had Lego sets on the "clearance" shelves and in Lego section at regular price.

#3 - One side clearance isle with no legos on it. Started scanning Legos on regular isle then finally hit 50% off on Jedi Shuttle, Bounty Hunter, Grevious Ship, City Space Center, City Marina, Duplo, Alien Conquest and Hero Factory. Strangely, Pod Racers, Frigrate, Darth Maul, Black Pearl and all the rest were still regular price. It's like they randomly choose which ones to mark down.

#4 - No toys in any clearance section, again scanned all the legos and the only SW @ 50% off was Jedi Shuttle and hoth battle packs. They were stocked with everything else buy they rang up at msrp. Creator Lighthouse was $39.97 and Hagrid Hut was straight up $30. Weird!

#5 - Absolutely no legos were on clerance, it's like the shelves were never touched from XMAS. Didn't see any other toys on clearance either.

One note, none of the 5 stores had the Series 5 minifigs on sale, they were marked $2.97 and scanned for that. I saw at least 20 cases of these in "clearance" sections and regular lego isle....

Happy Hunting!!

melsig
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by melsig » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:13 am

SlickP wrote:Went to 5 Walmarts this morning and in typical Walmart fashion here is what I found:

#1 & #2 - Everything that was on "clearance" the last few weeks wasn't moved or marked down any further, they just added some red ballons. Still had Lego sets on the "clearance" shelves and in Lego section at regular price.
This was my experience with the two stores I checked today - except one didn't bother putting up balloons (which I preferred - I found the balloons kind of insulting!) On the other hand, I did finally do a bag check on one of the three bashed in and clearly resealed Whitecap Bays one store has had on clearance for $40.00. Everything was there, so I did pick that up.

cutegamer
I'm New !

Re: [USA] Wal-Mart Clearance - part 2

Post by cutegamer » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:07 pm

hi all,

I went to 4 different Walmart in the past 3 days. I bought all of these for 50% off:

1) 7288 Mobile Police Unit in one store - $49
2) 7498 Police HQ - $48
3) 8486 Mack's Team Truck - $20
4) 7962 Anakin Skywalker and Sebulba's Podracers $45
5) 3368 Space Centre - $35
6) 7208 Fire Station - $35
7) 8487 Flo's V8 Cafe - $30
8) 7985 City of Atlantis - $35
9) 8677 Ultimate Build Mater - $15

Good luck.

p.s. I am in Hayward, CA
Last edited by cutegamer on Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

intromission
Knight
Knight

Post by intromission » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:10 pm

Picked up:
Whitecap Bay: 40
Clone Turbo Tank: 59
Police Station: 49
Hagrid's Hut: 19
Escape from Dragon Prison: 9.90
AQ Tripod: 13

Saw:
Queen Anne's Revenge: 59
Creator Lighthouse: 30
T6: 30
Slave 1: 39, Plo Koon: 12, Windu: 19
Power Miners Titanium Rig: 69??? Black Friday leftover?
Toy Story Train Chase: 40
Harbor: 45
All the other AQ UFO sets: 50%
Series 3 minfigures: 2.97???
Assorted Cars: 50%

Pretty happy to find Hagrid's and Whitecap finally. Did not see any Millennium Falcons, Bounty Hunter Ships, or Grievous on sale. I think that is very YMMV. A lot of variation from store to store in what they clearance with this next wave. Best advice is to map out a Wally road trip and hit multiple stores. Good luck everyone.

What are people's opinions on that Power Miner's set? Worth trying to haggle that one down? I think my son would dig it.
Last edited by intromission on Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.

bigdaddy
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by bigdaddy » Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:00 pm

Hit two walmarts in the morning before work. No rhyme or reason when it comes to walmart. Sets that I thought would be marked down with the additional 50% off werent. Checking prices in regular Lego aisle was where the deals where.

Lego Space Center #3368 - $35

Lego T6 Jedi Shuttle - $30
Lego Ultimate Build Mater - $21 - Not as good as others but they wont last at this price so picked it up anyway.

On the way home from work will stop by another to see if I can find some others. Hopefully can find the pricing on these sets others are finiding.

Edmond Dantes
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Edmond Dantes » Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:36 pm

Found these at 50% off:
4181-1: Isla de la Muerta
4182-1: The Cannibal Escape
4183-1: The Mill
4193-1: The London Escape
4195-1: Queen Anne's Revenge
4842-1: Hogwarts Castle
4866-1: The Knight Bus
7065-1: Alien Mothership
7931-1: T-6 Jedi Shuttle
7964-1: Republic Frigate
7965-1: Millennium Falcon

And many, many more (Whitecap Bay, tons of city sets, more copies of the Mill, lots of Duplo, Creator sets, etc - those above are just the ones I purchased). Spent ~$1250 (multiples of many).

Going to wait until tomorrow to see if they drop to 75% off. If so, I'm going to load up again. I bought about 25% of the available inventory. The sale was absolutely incredible. I only went to 2 Walmarts - spent $3xx.xx at one and $900+ at the other.

intromission
Knight
Knight

Post by intromission » Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:52 pm

Must be a challenge pushing 4-5 carts of LEGO. Haha.