[USA] Wal-Mart Clearance

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
bobl
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: [USA] Wal-Mart Clearance

Post by bobl » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:49 am

I've found the sale/clearance items have varied from store to store. One store had only the Pirates of the Caribbean and some Star Wars (but not the Millenium Falcon), another store had Dinos, a few Marvel, and a few Lord of the Rings, one store had a combo of both.

Galahad2309
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Galahad2309 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:21 pm

pushpin wrote:Hi Galahad, which SoCal Walmart was this?
Redlands. They didn't have much regular Lego, and I left after she finished the Friends sets so I didn't see if they were marking down any regular Lego. There were still plenty of friends sets on the shelf.

Bob-n-Crew
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Bob-n-Crew » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:12 am

Not to go all 'train-guy' on this, but... SW WA Walmart has the discussed sets at 10-30% off! Everything here except the MF. I did buy out the 30% off #5766 cabin, but everything else still on shelf; except Friends, which seemed to have been hit hard with only the small sets still on the shelf and a single larger house. I just can't believe we finally got up to 30% like the rest of the country! (Unless you count our 9% sales tax, but still - I'm not complaining). So if you're in PDX and can't find any discounts, consider crossing the river. Enjoy - Bob (and crew)

PS If you're making the trip, those Luke's Landspeeders are still there at $25 and continuing to get beat up. e-b

anakinisvader
Knight
Knight

Post by anakinisvader » Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:05 pm

I think this sale is YMMV. I went to one Walmart and they had a certain number of sets 30% off but didn't have any Friends on clearance. I went to a different Walmart in town and none of the above sets were clearanced but they had the Friends and other legos clearanced at 30% off. Not to complain but am I the only one who tries to hold out for 50% off and has a hard time pulling the trigger at 30%? Between the 2 WM's they had tons of clearance. I really dont think they will get rid of it all before the reset but they may not discount it any more either. Choices Choices........
Why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?

SquareSide
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by SquareSide » Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:12 pm

anakinisvader wrote:I think this sale is YMMV. I went to one Walmart and they had a certain number of sets 30% off but didn't have any Friends on clearance. I went to a different Walmart in town and none of the above sets were clearanced but they had the Friends and other legos clearanced at 30% off. Not to complain but am I the only one who tries to hold out for 50% off and has a hard time pulling the trigger at 30%? Between the 2 WM's they had tons of clearance. I really dont think they will get rid of it all before the reset but they may not discount it any more either. Choices Choices........
As I mentioned earlier in my post I had to return the Podracers after I saw the Falcon clearanced and in stock at only 1 of my 3 Walmarts so I got the Falcon instead. The Falcons are now out of stock with the Podracers untouched. I feel a little better now hoping that the Podracers will get that 50% off but we will see.

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:45 am

the Walmart near my house had most of last years SW sets on clearance.
Also Avengers sets and the Battle of Helms deep on clearance too.
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

PanzerGrenadier
I'm New !

Post by PanzerGrenadier » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:57 am

ncbarrett wrote:the Walmart near my house had most of last years SW sets on clearance.
Also Avengers sets and the Battle of Helms deep on clearance too.
which mi store?

eisenmatt
Citizen
Citizen

Post by eisenmatt » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:23 am

The Wal-Mart I just went to in Fulton KY had 2 dinos (triceratops trapper, raptor chase,) destinies bounty, a few smaller city sets, Batman Two-Face chase, and a few Star Wars sets for 30% off.

beartrapper25
Knight
Knight

Post by beartrapper25 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:15 am

Walmart.com has a couple of decent deals.
Starwars -
Luke Landspeeder, Mandalorian Battle Pack & Star Wars Elite Clone Troopers and Commando Droid B sets bundle for $39.97 - http://www.walmart.com/ip/LEGO-Star-War ... ductDetail" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Landspeeder & Sith Nightspeeder bundle for $39.97 - http://www.walmart.com/ip/LEGO-Star-War ... gMethod=rr" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Harry Potter
Harry Potter Hogwarts & Harry Potter The Knight Bus bundle for $69.00 - http://www.walmart.com/ip/LEGO-Harry-Po ... gMethod=rr" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hagrids Hut & Hogwarts Castle for $149 w/free shipping to store or $.97 to your home. http://www.walmart.com/ip/LEGO-Harry-Po ... e/20606072" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BrickFan1982
Citizen
Citizen

Post by BrickFan1982 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:33 am

Went to Wal-Mart and just got back with 4 POTC Black Pearls at $69.00 each, 3 POTC Cannibal Escapes at $21.00 each, and 1 POTC Fountain of Youth at $15 (not a big discount, but I believe it's the last one I have seen in Yuma and San Diego and I didn't own it so yeah)... I believe all were at 30% off.

I also saw , SW Anakin’s and Sebulba’s Podracers for $69.00, and SW Republic Frigate for $79.00.

willu707
I'm New !

Post by willu707 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:16 pm

Just got back from my local Walmart in Windsor, California. Almost everything people listed was on sale or clearance. I picked up a Quinjet Aerial Battle for $49, which is 30% off.

prozac
Knight
Knight

Post by prozac » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:42 pm

I went to 2 local wally's and the only think I saw was a falcon tagged for 99 but scanned at full price lol! I didn't get it tho.

intromission
Knight
Knight

Post by intromission » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:10 pm

Trex Hunter "clearanced" for $68.00 from $69.97?

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:06 am

I finally found some sets on clearance in Walpole, MA, the LEGO aisle seems to have gotten smaller, like 1/2 of one side of the aisle rther than the whole side.

Triceratops Trapper $35
Friends was 30% off, but they only had Andrea's stage and the really small sets.
SW podracers at 30% off.

I only bought the Dino set.

sadowsk1
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by sadowsk1 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:53 am

Any speculation on when the 30% might turn to 50% if it will at all?

cowbug
Knight
Knight

Post by cowbug » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:21 am

sadowsk1 wrote:Any speculation on when the 30% might turn to 50% if it will at all?
This is not very specific but I asked an associate that was repricing some of the non-lego toys over the weekend and he said maybe in about a month. So I am guessing end of august first of sept? I don't think wal-mart has a regular day of the week for additional mark downs like target does, do they?

adarkpassenger
I'm New !

Post by adarkpassenger » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:43 am

I saw mostly the same deals in store in Las Vegas. Not sure if this is the case with any other stores but my LV stores had new summer sets hidden in the clearance section. They were marked with red clearance tags but regularly priced. This included some Star Wars sets AND the big one for me SPIDERMAN DOC OCK AMBUSH!!! They only had two when I went though :)

eisenmatt
Citizen
Citizen

Post by eisenmatt » Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:41 pm

Walmart in Union City TN had the Batcave, Triceratops Trapper, Dino HQ (only one and I bought it, not sure if they'll restock,) Police Dog Van, Space Center, Darth Maul's Interceptor, Republic Frigate, and a couple other smaller SW and City sets for 30% off.

skiizim
I'm New !

Post by skiizim » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:14 pm

Galahad2309 wrote:
pushpin wrote:Hi Galahad, which SoCal Walmart was this?
Redlands. They didn't have much regular Lego, and I left after she finished the Friends sets so I didn't see if they were marking down any regular Lego. There were still plenty of friends sets on the shelf.
The Redlands Wal-Mart is horrible!!!! They have such a pitiful Lego Isle, it's almost non-existent. I took a trip today, I picked up all the bigger Lego Friends sets @ 30% off, Quinnjet, and Reds Fire Rescue. I was tempted on Helms Deep but it was almost the same price on Amazon the other day. With BF right around the corner I'll take a gamble and wait for some better sales/prices down the road.

prozac
Knight
Knight

Post by prozac » Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:02 pm

Went to a Wm off the beaten path in a hicktown and they had a hunch of stuff on clearance, but none of the sw or lotr everyone else is finding. Mostly potc(not the pearl tho), ac, and cars 2. I did buy the oil rig escape for 35 and reds rescue for 13. Not sure ill keep them but wanted to get them before it was too late.
Last edited by prozac on Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.