[USA] Wal-Mart Clearance

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
MakoSlade
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Re: [USA] Wal-Mart Clearance

Post by MakoSlade » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:51 am

vynsane wrote:
SquareSide wrote:Did you buy a QAR yet? :what?:
No, I'm definitely banking on half price on that one. I'll pull the trigger on Whitecap Bay next time I'm around if one of the two is sold and the other one is still there, just to make sure I get it. But with the amount of QARs they have I really can't believe I won't get it for $60. That said, if the quantity starts to plummet, I'll grab it.
Question of the day...can you buy something at one Walmart, return it to another and then buy it back? I asked a Target Customer Service rep that, she said technically no but she would do it for me. I never found the time to try it, though. The Walmart by me has Whitecap Bay for $40.00. Shows "Limied Stock" but they had none in store. Might be worth it to grab a Whitecap Bay from another Walmart around here. And on a scale of 1 to 10...how shady is that?

fizicyst
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by fizicyst » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:33 am

Similar to Target, they put it behind the customer service desk to be reshelved and say they cannot resell it to you. It typically takes my Walmarts between one and three days to actually put it back out. If there is no spot for it (even if there is a clearance section), sometimes it never makes it back out at all and sits in the back somewhere to be sent back to LEGO via the distribution center. I have seen LOTS of boxes of toys, including LEGO that have been sent back. Items purchased online and returned in store get a sticker placed on them and returned to the distribution center.

The last time I tried this a MF I purchased at one store and returned at another was opened by CS to make sure all the pieces were there (despite the seals being intact) and then marked unsellable, return to manufacturer. I think I tried this type of maneuver four times and had it work just once. Unless the store is right where you work or live (like 1-2 minutes away) so you can check every day it probably is not worth the time and effort.

purplepirate
Peasant
Peasant

Post by purplepirate » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:41 am

I did the whole "return and repurchase" thing last week. One store I had to talk to a manager to get a 50% off Whitecap. Then I went to another store to get a Sith Infiltrator and Geonosian starfighter half price. I just walked in, explained that they had a lower price and therefore I wanted to return and repurchase it. They gave me no grief and were surprisingly pleasant. They never had to hold the items or restock them when I did it.

Bob-n-Crew
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Bob-n-Crew » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:35 pm

Clearance stickers still showing up in local SW WA WallyWorlds... unfortunately all are for the amazing clearance price .02 less than MSRP (but at least they aren't being clearanced for ABOVE MSRP (aka TRU)) and unfortunately only on Cars/Cars2 sets. Tons of the various clearance SW, POTC, HP, etc mentioned elsewhere - they sit here clotting up the shelves at MSRP (not even two cents less than MSRP) Luke's Land Speeders finally disappeared, though. Go figure. Enjoy - Bob (and crew)

unclephn
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by unclephn » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:04 pm

purplepirate wrote:I did the whole "return and repurchase" thing last week. One store I had to talk to a manager to get a 50% off Whitecap. Then I went to another store to get a Sith Infiltrator and Geonosian starfighter half price. I just walked in, explained that they had a lower price and therefore I wanted to return and repurchase it. They gave me no grief and were surprisingly pleasant. They never had to hold the items or restock them when I did it.
The typical policy for big box stores (ie. Walmart, Target, etc.) is that a return needs to be held/reshelved before it can be purchased again. For those that have had the fortune of being able to return and repurchase an item, you have the CSR to thank for that. It really just comes down to the person at customer service you happen to deal with. Some don't want the hassle of having to argue with a customer over said policy, so they'll do it for you. Others, like the one purplepirate dealt with, are just genuinely good people, and don't mind helping customers out. It's just the luck of the draw.

Coming from a retail background, if I can give a word of advice (for what it's worth), being pleasant, smiling, and asking nicely (as opposed to speaking as if you're entitled to something) goes a looooong way. Those are the types of customers that CSR's will genuinely want to help out.

purplepirate
Peasant
Peasant

Post by purplepirate » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:18 pm

unclephn wrote: Coming from a retail background, if I can give a word of advice (for what it's worth), being pleasant, smiling, and asking nicely (as opposed to speaking as if you're entitled to something) goes a looooong way. Those are the types of customers that CSR's will genuinely want to help out.
This times a million!

just2good
Knight
Knight

Post by just2good » Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:24 am

A really good deal among another at a distant Walmart- Frog Rush for $6. Should I have picked it up?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTF-PLD6jFc

dilbert12
Knight
Knight

Post by dilbert12 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:25 am

just2good wrote:A really good deal among another at a distant Walmart- Frog Rush for $6. Should I have picked it up?
Only if you really want a lot of frogs. I believe that's >50% off MSRP. I was waiting at my local Wal-Mart which had a ton of those at 30% off. Once it went to 50%, they disappeared before I could get any.

jeremyp4
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by jeremyp4 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:22 am

Has anyone out there found any price errors on Lego monster sets at Walmart? My local one has the vampire car set and mummy set with literally no price...even the checkout people were unable to give me a price and I wasn't able to pick them up. Very strange. They are on the shelf but you can't buy them at the moment...lol. Gotta love Walmart!

Little3piggies
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Little3piggies » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:33 am

just2good wrote:A really good deal among another at a distant Walmart- Frog Rush for $6. Should I have picked it up?
Awwwww man! I was just in coral springs!! And i was looking for a cheap frog rush (we've just discovered the awesomeness of lego games!) AND a knight bus for those purple bricks. Can you tell me what store you were in? I can have my mom swing by..

crazybirdman
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by crazybirdman » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:45 am

purplepirate wrote:
unclephn wrote: Coming from a retail background, if I can give a word of advice (for what it's worth), being pleasant, smiling, and asking nicely (as opposed to speaking as if you're entitled to something) goes a looooong way. Those are the types of customers that CSR's will genuinely want to help out.
This times a million!
times another million. I've had plenty of people come in with attitude, and I immediately decide I'm not helping them. Especially when they are rude, and asking you to bend the rules.

jeremyp4
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by jeremyp4 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:56 pm

crazybirdman wrote:
purplepirate wrote:
This times a million!
times another million. I've had plenty of people come in with attitude, and I immediately decide I'm not helping them. Especially when they are rude, and asking you to bend the rules.
No doubt! Gotta love the people who feel they are owed your perfect cooperation and willingness to give them a break regardless of how disrespectfully they treat you.

flash0222
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by flash0222 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:12 pm

Just got back from my local walmart, they had the Ultimate Build Mater for $10!

Normally $29.96. 288 pieces for $10, not bad.

They had about 9, I picked up 4 :)

They were in the normal shelf space, just a new pricetag on the shelf

just2good
Knight
Knight

Post by just2good » Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:35 pm

Little3piggies wrote:
Awwwww man! I was just in coral springs!! And i was looking for a cheap frog rush (we've just discovered the awesomeness of lego games!) AND a knight bus for those purple bricks. Can you tell me what store you were in? I can have my mom swing by..
The one in Margate...

Bob-n-Crew
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Bob-n-Crew » Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:42 am

Not to be the Princess of Whine Country concerning our Walmarts... but...

Luke's Landspeeder is back! Still $24.97, along with all the other ones at MSRP (although several of the Cars 2 now bear "CLEARANCE" stickers on them, listing MSRP minus two cents)...

We're filled with full price 2010 Star Wars, HP, POTC, Cars, etc with the new 2012 spring releases crammed between them.

If it matters, Luke and his five other boxes of landspeeders are getting pretty thrashed with the time spent around here.

And off on the Target clearance topic - our 30% off just disappeared - not sure if they went 50% and instantly walked out the door or got shipped off, since we did have a good pile of them.

tjjohn12
I'm New !

Post by tjjohn12 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:30 pm

I've been picking up Frog Rush for right around $5 at local DC-area Walmarts on and off. I've pulled 14 of them so far, which is a steal for the plates, tiles and various other bits... Now to figure out what to do with that many frogs.

The iPhone trick has been working quite well, thanks all for the tip.

Absolut3
I'm New !

Post by Absolut3 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:19 pm

Went in to local Walmart thinking I'll be getting a $45 black pearl but the stock inventory was probably wrong but I did end up getting a whole bunch of series 5 mini figures for .50 cents each. I even ended up getting the wall hanging box for the minifigures. Too good of a price to pass up.

slacker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by slacker » Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:48 am

Not much here. I only saw POTC white cap bay for $54. They had a bunch of Black Pearl but at full price. The boxes were pretty beat. I've been eyeing them since last year. they don't seem to move.

fizicyst
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by fizicyst » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:08 am

My local walmart just put out a whole display box of Ninja Training Outpost (2516)! Not the first time a discontinued set or two has made its way out into the open months (or even years) later.

octick
Knight
Knight

Post by octick » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:46 am

fizicyst wrote:My local walmart just put out a whole display box of Ninja Training Outpost (2516)! Not the first time a discontinued set or two has made its way out into the open months (or even years) later.
Agreed. I have a Wally that they clearanced all these sets. Now, they are restocked with the very same sets. :what?: