[USA] Wal-Mart Clearance

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Re: [USA] Wal-Mart Clearance

Post by vynsane » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:24 pm

I was able to snag a HP Hagrid's Hut and Cars 2 Spy Jet Escape for $20 each - half price for Hagrid and 40% MSRP for Spy Jet! This was the Newburgh, NY location, though I believe they were the last ones of each. They also had a Freeco Speeder for $15 (but that was a former rollback price, so it's not that great a deal).

What's the deal with Harry Potter sets at WM? Are they on clearance, or just on permanent discount? I saw Hogwart's Castle for $90 (down from $130), Knight Bus for $25 (originally $35) and Forbidden Forest for $7 (from $11). They were all in the regular aisle, not the clearance section, and weren't marked with clearance stickers.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

jeremyp4
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by jeremyp4 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:09 pm

vynsane wrote: What's the deal with Harry Potter sets at WM? Are they on clearance, or just on permanent discount? I saw Hogwart's Castle for $90 (down from $130), Knight Bus for $25 (originally $35) and Forbidden Forest for $7 (from $11). They were all in the regular aisle, not the clearance section, and weren't marked with clearance stickers.
I've seen the exact same thing at my local Wal-Mart... there isn't a clearance aisle at all.

oakleykd
I'm New !

Post by oakleykd » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:23 am

I found the Lego Creator Log Cabin 5766 in my local WM's clearance aisle for 30% off.

jeremyp4
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by jeremyp4 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:55 am

Checked mine again in western ky..... Still nothing.... I'll keep checking though...I've got that "this might be the time" mindset.... One good time can make up for lots of disappointments :-)

LegoLee
I'm New !

Post by LegoLee » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:13 pm

Little walmart near me obviously had a crazy person reducing their clearance the last 2 days... some of my snags.
Black pearls from $70 down to $30, got 4
Jet Escape from $40 down to $10
Frog Escape from $11 down to $4, got 4 i think
Lego alarm clocks from $30, to $15, to $7 to $4 within a few days
Pharoahs Quest dog set from $40 down to $10
Lego watches $2-$3 each from $15
POTC the Mill, $20 each, (bought them just before the crazy reductions)
Police chase set? not sure which one from $20 to $4 each , got 9 or 10...

There were a few more random sets which are stacked up as well, basically got over a $1000 worth for roughly $300 ish. Clearance section was crammed full of toys 2 days ago. Now its basically empty. There were other toys there as well strawberry shortcake, bakugan, thor etc for aroun d 10-20% of retail cost. Some crazy reductions!

anakinisvader
Knight
Knight

Post by anakinisvader » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:06 pm

I was told at a Wal Mart I went to today, by an employee marking down the clearance stuff (clearance had its own isle in middle of store) that they are trying to make room to get the back to school stuff in. Needless to say that as he was marking things down I had him try the stack of POTC legos and they had no change in price from the 30ish % off. bummer
Why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:36 am

What the hell? $30 for Black Pearls, Lego alarm clock for $4, Pharoahs dog for $10 :crazy:

I hate my local wal-mart that it never had trouble selling its lego at MSRP. It was very strange that shoppers/parents perfered paying full MSRP + 12% TAX to retailers rather than acquired them from secondary market, which offered a better deal.

dho7622u
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dho7622u » Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:03 am

LegoLee wrote:Little walmart near me obviously had a crazy person reducing their clearance the last 2 days... some of my snags.
Black pearls from $70 down to $30, got 4
Jet Escape from $40 down to $10
Frog Escape from $11 down to $4, got 4 i think
Lego alarm clocks from $30, to $15, to $7 to $4 within a few days
Pharoahs Quest dog set from $40 down to $10
Lego watches $2-$3 each from $15
POTC the Mill, $20 each, (bought them just before the crazy reductions)
Police chase set? not sure which one from $20 to $4 each , got 9 or 10...
What part of the country are you in? It helps all of us, when we all can get in on something.

thanks,

david

unclephn
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by unclephn » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:36 am

legohunter wrote:What the hell? $30 for Black Pearls, Lego alarm clock for $4, Pharoahs dog for $10 :crazy:

I hate my local wal-mart that it never had trouble selling its lego at MSRP. It was very strange that shoppers/parents perfered paying full MSRP + 12% TAX to retailers rather than acquired them from secondary market, which offered a better deal.
Those are my thoughts exactly, although I've come to realize that most parents/general consumers who don't really purchase the same volume of LEGO as we do have no problem paying MSRP. I'm pretty sure they don't realize that some of these crazy LEGO sales exist, much less have the time to hunt for them. We do it because this is our hobby, and half the fun is going on the hunt for deals. But for the average customer, they'll buy it when they need to.

LegoLee
I'm New !

Post by LegoLee » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:33 am

I'm in Georgia and I visit pretty much all the walmarts in the immediate vicinity around me (around 7-8 usually), anytime there is a sale mentioned. Only one had the crazy deals and like i said they cleared their jammed clearance section in about 36 hours. Another walmart had some jagged reefracers for $5 each but other than that the other clearance sections were empty or non existant.

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:18 pm

Black Pearls still $90 at Marysville WM, in Washington. But their LEGO isle was substantially larger than the one in Bellingham.

warhev
I'm New !

Post by warhev » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:46 am

The only thing available for "clearance" at my closest Wal-mart (Cornelius, OR, USA) is the Harry Potter polybag 30111 ("The Lab"), and the "clearance" price is $4.00, or $0.01 MORE than MSRP! :evil: And yes, I did check the scanner, just in case. They have dozens of these things and have had them at this price point since I started checking in January. What a joke!

Bob-n-Crew
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Bob-n-Crew » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:32 am

warhev wrote:The only thing available for "clearance" at my closest Wal-mart (Cornelius, OR, USA) is the Harry Potter polybag 30111 ("The Lab"), and the "clearance" price is $4.00, or $0.01 MORE than MSRP! :evil: And yes, I did check the scanner, just in case. They have dozens of these things and have had them at this price point since I started checking in January. What a joke!
Yes - unfortunately it seems most of WA & OR are in that boat. Don't feel like you're missing anything by not traveling around to the different WalMarts in SW-WA (rarely the WM in St Helens, OR has something, but not worth the gamble on miles away for us)... unless you want that $11 Frog Rush! (it's still sitting in Clearance section at the Hazel Dell/Vancouver WM). At least Fred Meyer has another 10% off coupon again this week that covers toys/Lego - waiting on their sales seems to be our only decent savings. Good luck, though - and if we ever see anything change up the road here, we'll give a holler.

Enjoy - Bob (and crew)

wilykat
Peasant
Peasant

Post by wilykat » Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:51 pm

I didn't pick up anything as my bricklink store's a bit full atm but I happened to check Walmart in Howell, MI and they had several HP sets and Black Pearl on clearance sale. BP scanned at $79 and I didn't check the rest but it's likely the same 30% off price that's been reported a lot in the past month. No PotC sets were left beside Black Pearl, no Cars2 except for a couple Duplo sets.

warhev
I'm New !

Post by warhev » Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:30 pm

Bob-n-Crew wrote:Yes - unfortunately it seems most of WA & OR are in that boat. Don't feel like you're missing anything by not traveling around to the different WalMarts in SW-WA (rarely the WM in St Helens, OR has something, but not worth the gamble on miles away for us)... unless you want that $11 Frog Rush! (it's still sitting in Clearance section at the Hazel Dell/Vancouver WM). At least Fred Meyer has another 10% off coupon again this week that covers toys/Lego - waiting on their sales seems to be our only decent savings. Good luck, though - and if we ever see anything change up the road here, we'll give a holler.

Enjoy - Bob (and crew)
Thanks for the info! Lol, I wonder if Wal-mart is punishing us for attempting to stop them from moving in? Seems like for all the nonsense about how much cheaper they claim to be, they have the same prices as MSRP, but ending in $0.97 instead of $0.99. Two cents is not cheaper, Wal-mart! :roll:

anakinisvader
Knight
Knight

Post by anakinisvader » Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:57 pm

I'm on a road trip from Albuquerque to Dallas. I've been stopping at Walmarts in between like Lubbock, Abilene, and Dallas. I feel sorry for you guys, your Walmart clearances suck. No wonder I haven't seen anyone post about the awesome deals in Texas.
Why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?

brawnz
I'm New !

Post by brawnz » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:29 am

I posted a couple weeks ago I got the hogwarts for $40 retail 130$ so don't say Texas sucks

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:44 am

brawnz wrote:I posted a couple weeks ago I got the hogwarts for $40 retail 130$ so don't say Texas sucks
He was saying walmart sucks, not Texas. :up:
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

sadowsk1
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by sadowsk1 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:16 pm

ncbarrett wrote:
brawnz wrote:I posted a couple weeks ago I got the hogwarts for $40 retail 130$ so don't say Texas sucks
Good call.

jeremyp4
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by jeremyp4 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:44 pm

ncbarrett wrote:
LOL!!!