[USA] Wal-Mart Clearance

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
Johnnyb287
I'm New !

Re: [USA] Wal-Mart Clearance

Post by Johnnyb287 » Thu May 24, 2012 4:44 am

intromission wrote:Just hit the jackpot. Now I can rest until next Christmas.

Millennium Falcon: $50

Frigate: $50
If you don't mind me asking, which Walmart did you get them from?

octick
Knight
Knight

Post by octick » Thu May 24, 2012 7:59 am

Went to a Walmart that didn't have clearance items, but has marked down most HP stuff. Same prices as many have seen above about 25% off.

dho7622u
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dho7622u » Thu May 24, 2012 8:58 am

Went to three WMs in the Rhode Island area. Couldn't scan everything at every store (two were diffent than the other) but know that some might have an interest...

Both Coventry and Cranston, rt 1
HP
Hagrid hut 30
Knight bus 25
Small Hogwarts 35

Cranston
PotC
Black pearl 69 !!!
(didn't check the other few sets they had....) Warwick was a bust overall but:

Coventry:

HP
Hogwarts 89
Forbidden Forest 11

Games:
Ramses 19
Frog Rush 11
Magma 7
They also had Race 3000 and a few others butdidn't see the price

wilykat
Peasant
Peasant

Post by wilykat » Thu May 24, 2012 3:44 pm

Third nearby walmart also had lots of clearance LEGO. I picked them clean of HP Forbidden Forest, Hagrid's Hut, and 2 different castle. Again, the bus set was oddly priced at clearance sale barely below MSRP so that's 2 stores I know that still have oh about 100 purple bus sets that won't be selling for a while until they fix the price better. Yes I used the price scanner.

Third store was clean of PotC sets save for the black ship not on sale yet.

I got lots to add to my bricklink store.

greanie2011
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by greanie2011 » Thu May 24, 2012 4:51 pm

Found a few Alien Conquest Sets in the clearance aisle, Picked up the helicopter to round out my set.

I would love to get ahold of a POTC ship. Even better would be the sale prices you guys are finding. If anyone finds one i would love to start talking about a trade with you!

P.s. This was in North Carolina (PM me for specifics of the sets, if you are nearby)

intromission
Knight
Knight

Post by intromission » Thu May 24, 2012 5:29 pm

If anyone has a Hogwart's Express I may be able to arrange for a Black Pearl.

Noblebrick
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Noblebrick » Thu May 24, 2012 6:07 pm

greanie2011 wrote:Found a few Alien Conquest Sets in the clearance aisle, Picked up the helicopter to round out my set.

I would love to get ahold of a POTC ship. Even better would be the sale prices you guys are finding. If anyone finds one i would love to start talking about a trade with you!

P.s. This was in North Carolina (PM me for specifics of the sets, if you are nearby)
Re ac set, was that clearance at 50%?

greanie2011
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by greanie2011 » Fri May 25, 2012 3:25 am

Yes it was a 50% clearance.
There were 2 sets on the shelf, and i purchased one of them for $20.

octick
Knight
Knight

Post by octick » Fri May 25, 2012 7:21 am

greanie2011 wrote: I would love to get ahold of a POTC ship. Even better would be the sale prices you guys are finding. If anyone finds one i would love to start talking about a trade with you!
PM sent.

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Fri May 25, 2012 7:33 am

Guess it is time to head down to Bellingham this weekend. But I would not get my hopes up high because that Walmart's LEGO selection sucks. And I don't even think they participate in these clearance events.

condor
Knight
Knight

Post by condor » Fri May 25, 2012 1:23 pm

Just stopped by at my Walmart and pretty much all HP and PotC sets were 30% off.

kraftcheesy
Citizen
Citizen

Post by kraftcheesy » Fri May 25, 2012 1:50 pm

Same here. All HP were at least 30%, Hogwarts Castle being closer to 32-33% off. Some PoTC were 30% off but not all. Then also a few Star Wars sets (Clone Turbo tank) were 30%'ish off. Most of the prices were just high enough to not make me pull the trigger. Besides seeing a Clone Turbo tank box with packing tape holding it together was a huge red flag (although the 2nd box looked perfect and was covered with the appropriate amount of dust from being on the top shelf for a year and never being touched!)

dilbert12
Knight
Knight

Post by dilbert12 » Fri May 25, 2012 8:03 pm

kraftcheesy wrote:Same here. All HP were at least 30%, Hogwarts Castle being closer to 32-33% off. Some PoTC were 30% off but not all. Then also a few Star Wars sets (Clone Turbo tank) were 30%'ish off. Most of the prices were just high enough to not make me pull the trigger. Besides seeing a Clone Turbo tank box with packing tape holding it together was a huge red flag (although the 2nd box looked perfect and was covered with the appropriate amount of dust from being on the top shelf for a year and never being touched!)
Ditto on HP and PoTC stuff ~30% off at my local Walmart here in Southern Cali, Orange County area.

zak001
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by zak001 » Fri May 25, 2012 8:17 pm

Most HP and PotC sets 30% off here in the Inland Empire, though some oddities (most 'marts have either Fountain of Youth or Isla de Muerta discounted, but not both). Lots of stock on the HP stuff so perhaps hope of future reductions. Check boxes carefully - 3 of the 5 QAR sets I found were clearly opened, as were about half of the straggling Turbo Tanks.

nick91884
Knight
Knight

Post by nick91884 » Sat May 26, 2012 12:34 am

looks like im checking my local wally world tomorrow
"The problem with quotes on the internet is it's difficult to determine if indeed they are true" -Abraham Lincoln

markerpk
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by markerpk » Sat May 26, 2012 4:22 pm

lawpepperdine wrote:Markerpk,

Which CA walmarts are you hitting up. I'm down in sd but have a friend in San bernardino area reporting identical finds to what you are mentioning on HP and POTC
I'm in Bakersfield. I have four Walmarts here. Still nothing blockbuster yet.

lawpepperdine
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by lawpepperdine » Sat May 26, 2012 6:21 pm

Thanks markerpk. I have been off the Walmart hunt for two days with the ridicuoulously awesome Kmart clearance going on. But if I see a good walmart deal down here in sd or my friend tells me about good ones in San bernardino I will let the group know. Good luck everyone.

sadowsk1
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by sadowsk1 » Sat May 26, 2012 8:49 pm

Picked up hogwarts castle for 89.00. Hopefully I find it on the shelf at a deeper clearance soon but I didn't want to miss this castle since it seems like its on it's way out.

jal4u2c
Citizen
Citizen

Post by jal4u2c » Sat May 26, 2012 9:04 pm

After driving over half the state, i finally found a walmart that had the black pearl marked to $69. So i picked up what they had. The problem now is finding a Queen Anne's Revenge. Anyone want to trade one for the Pearl?

nick91884
Knight
Knight

Post by nick91884 » Sat May 26, 2012 9:21 pm

Checked north eugene, OR walmart and there was mostly just HP and PotC sets, black pearl was still 99 but queen annes revenge was 79, hogwarts castle was on sale for 89 (according to the shelf tag) but they were sold out. night bus was $25, they still had a bunch of forbidden forest for $7 each. pretty much every PotC set was about 25-30% off besides black pearl and fountain of youth.

I wouldve loved to pick up whitecap bay and queen annes revenge but I couldnt afford it :(
"The problem with quotes on the internet is it's difficult to determine if indeed they are true" -Abraham Lincoln