[USA] Wal-Mart Clearance

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
anakinisvader
Knight
Knight

Re: [USA] Wal-Mart Clearance

Post by anakinisvader » Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:14 pm

jeremyp4 wrote:
natelite wrote:
jeremyp4 wrote: Oh well, I'll keep checking.... it's a shame I'm not in PA or OH... seems like you all hit the jackpot. :-)
I don't think you want to say that. there's a reason you keep hearing about the "jackpot", it's because those guys were sweeping up whatever they found. :-D it's actually a curse because when you read about it, it's already gone because these guys have gone through the store and swept up anything of value! :lol:
True....good point. :-)
But if they leave one or two sets for someone else isn't that considered a mini jackpot? :think:
Why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?

sonofgun1776
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by sonofgun1776 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:25 pm

Brickmythic wrote:
sonofgun1776 wrote: I happen to live in Pittsburgh PA. Can you tell me the location of the Walmart that has all those items that you mentioned? I was looking for the HP Hogwarts Express. Thank you very much.

Im going to hit up Walmarts in south Pittsburgh, West Virginia area today, I'll post what I find and whats still left.
Hi Brickmythic,
Do u happen to live close to Pittsburgh as well? If so, i think we may be able to partner up to keep each other informed and save both our efforts. I believe the Walmart that u got the 8 sets @$7 is like 10 minutes away from where i live. I saw the 3 T-6 shuttles at that other place but did not pick them up.
Give me a PM at my email [email protected] if you are interested. I just want the sets for the kid and driving around like a mad man is definitely not a good idea :)
By the way, the Walmarts in OH and WV just on the west side of Pittsburgh have basically nothing in case you might plan to go there.

Edit: by partner up, i meant letting each other know which walmart has something and which has none. Of course, we each get what we need first before informing the others. Hopefully, we save some time and gas that way.
Last edited by sonofgun1776 on Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jeremyp4
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by jeremyp4 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:29 pm

Is there anyone from the Midwest on here? I'm within range of st. Louis and Nashville...just curious what kinds of deals others in my area may be getting

Naka
I'm New !

Post by Naka » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:36 am

zak001 wrote:I was at the Hemet super center about a week ago and they had shelves that were both well-stocked (a lot of stuff that has been clearanced elsewhere) and organized according to recent planograms. Not a particularly good sign. In a separate clearance section they had a couple PQ Sphinxes and one King's Carriage at 70% off, and a ripped-open SW Advent calendar, and that's about it.

(But if you find anything else there, let us know!)
I went to both Hemet stores this weekend while visiting my parents and found one decent score, Hogwarts (4842) from the store on San Jacinto. The box was definitely opened and resealed but the price scanned up at 64. I also got them to give me another 10% off due to damage. I didn't want this set myself but I bought it for dilbert12 as he got me a BP.

octick
Knight
Knight

Post by octick » Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:27 pm

Naka wrote:
zak001 wrote:I was at the Hemet super center about a week ago and they had shelves that were both well-stocked (a lot of stuff that has been clearanced elsewhere) and organized according to recent planograms. Not a particularly good sign. In a separate clearance section they had a couple PQ Sphinxes and one King's Carriage at 70% off, and a ripped-open SW Advent calendar, and that's about it.

(But if you find anything else there, let us know!)
I went to both Hemet stores this weekend while visiting my parents and found one decent score, Hogwarts (4842) from the store on San Jacinto. The box was definitely opened and resealed but the price scanned up at 64. I also got them to give me another 10% off due to damage. I didn't want this set myself but I bought it for dilbert12 as he got me a BP.
Good deal!! :up:

Brickmythic
Knight
Knight

Post by Brickmythic » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:51 pm

sonofagun, sure that sounds awesome. I'll send you an email.

Just FYI, there are several Marshalls/TJ maxx in the area with insane Lego deals. Most prince of persia sets and Kings Carriage Ambush for 75% off. just ask the clerks to retag the item, if it isnt that discounted. there are several locations with Kings Carriage Ambush and Ostrich race for $10 and $7 respectively. I believe the POP set with the camel was only $10 at one location too. They are everywhere here in Pittsburgh. Several Atlantis sets too.

Also, organized crime controls most of the goodwill donation centers here, so dont expect any Lego deals at goodwill.

I'll be hitting up more Walmarts later.

sonofgun1776
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by sonofgun1776 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:44 pm

Brickmythic,
You should post the street names of the Walmarts that you intend to go to. I might have been there already and thus can potentially save you a trip or two. Sorry, i do need the street names as I am not familiar with areas/counties names in Pittsburgh, PA.
If you do hit those places, please keep me updated.
Thanks a lot in advance.

Brickmythic
Knight
Knight

Post by Brickmythic » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:03 pm

anakinisvader wrote:
jeremyp4 wrote:
natelite wrote:
jeremyp4 wrote: Oh well, I'll keep checking.... it's a shame I'm not in PA or OH... seems like you all hit the jackpot. :-)
I don't think you want to say that. there's a reason you keep hearing about the "jackpot", it's because those guys were sweeping up whatever they found. :-D it's actually a curse because when you read about it, it's already gone because these guys have gone through the store and swept up anything of value! :lol:
True....good point. :-)
But if they leave one or two sets for someone else isn't that considered a mini jackpot? :think:
do you guys realize how silly you sound?

People are taking the time to post findings so that they may help others out in some way. Its absolutely selfless, and is good for the community.

I know your just jealous or whatever, but come on guys. Go do some leg work yourself and contribute rather than riding someone elses back.

hiding rude comments behind smiley faces is fail. fyi.

zdog89
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by zdog89 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:48 pm

found 2 7942 off road fire rescue for $5 each. picked them up.
-Chris

turtle1173
Knight
Knight

Post by turtle1173 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:32 pm

More clearances today!! Found 3 Cars V-8 Cafe for $20 each (66% off) and found 2 POTC London Escape sets for $15 each (70% off).

Today is the first day for this Walmart, as I was there yesterday and they weren't marked down farther than 50%.

NIGELTTF
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by NIGELTTF » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:12 pm

turtle1173 wrote:More clearances today!! Found 3 Cars V-8 Cafe for $20 each (66% off) and found 2 POTC London Escape sets for $15 each (70% off).

Today is the first day for this Walmart, as I was there yesterday and they weren't marked down farther than 50%.
I picked up two Flo's at $30.00, but $20.00 is a steal. Though a lot of the car parts go right into the useless bin, the structure parts, and parts from the VW van are quite useful.

imrl
I'm New !

Post by imrl » Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:02 pm

I was by a Walmart I haven't been to in a long time and saw that they had 3 different Space Police sets in the clearance isle. These sets are from 2009! I would have jumped all over them. It they are still full retail. It was about midnight so I didn't try to track anyone down to ask what the deal was. Other than that, they were pretty Lego deficient.

janckson
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by janckson » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:50 pm

Prices went back up on some sets that were previously half off (Cars V8 cafe and POTC London Escape).

legogod
Knight
Knight

Post by legogod » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:28 pm

Went to the Wal-Mart today and Christmas clearance was cleared of all POTC sets. Clearance is pretty much done. There are some stragglers like alien tripod for 13 and UFO Abduction for 21. I saw one Clone Turbo Tank for 59-I know those are hot with the Star Wars guys. It was in the middle of the aisle coming from electronics behind the $74 Black Pearl display.

Jared

turtle1173
Knight
Knight

Post by turtle1173 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:41 pm

Went to a different Walmart tonight. Picked up a Clone Turbo tank for $59 and 2 HP Castles for $64 each! My wife thinks I'm turning into a "hoarder." You know it's bad when you are encouraging your wife to buy that new purse and shoes because somehow it makes you feel a little more justified <sigh>

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:09 pm

turtle1173 wrote:You know it's bad when you are encouraging your wife to buy that new purse and shoes because somehow it makes you feel a little more justified <sigh>
I know that feeling. :-|

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:01 am

turtle1173 wrote:Went to a different Walmart tonight. Picked up a Clone Turbo tank for $59 and 2 HP Castles for $64 each! My wife thinks I'm turning into a "hoarder." You know it's bad when you are encouraging your wife to buy that new purse and shoes because somehow it makes you feel a little more justified <sigh>
Just wait until you get to the point where you've filled all the closest space you can, and you're still over-flowing... I don't know how my wife doesn't call Hoarders on me.... Fortunately we saw something on TV like: "A Hoarder just collects things. A Collector actually has organization and structure to their collection."

Thank God I'm OCD about organization and lists and such :P
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

octick
Knight
Knight

Post by octick » Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:14 am

legogod wrote:Went to the Wal-Mart today and Christmas clearance was cleared of all POTC sets. Clearance is pretty much done. There are some stragglers like alien tripod for 13 and UFO Abduction for 21. I saw one Clone Turbo Tank for 59-I know those are hot with the Star Wars guys. It was in the middle of the aisle coming from electronics behind the $74 Black Pearl display.

Jared
It is getting thin. I was able to find a UFO Abduction for $15 this morning.

anakinisvader
Knight
Knight

Post by anakinisvader » Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:26 am

More markdown money seems to be heading Walmarts way. I found a Ninjago Jay Watch for $3 and an Agent Mater Duplo set for $5. Also on a side note, they had KNEX Nascar pit crews for .50 (normally $6) and a big Dale Jr's Garage for $2.50 (normally $20).
Why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?

markerpk
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by markerpk » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:24 pm

My walmarts mostly change prices sat thru mon here. I do suspect more clearance money coming, if not before month end then right after. Didn't see any new price changes yet after making a full curcuit of all 4 walmarts and all four targets, but i did find two Cars Spy Jet Escapes for $15 each. At that price, its down to less than .05 per piece, so I couldn't resist picking them up. But not one Turbo Tank among the lot, not even at full MSRP. Glad I picked one up when I saw them half off two weeks back, but wishing I had picked up one more. Ah well, maybe Ill run across a random return!