[USA] Wal-Mart Clearance

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
zdog89
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Re: [USA] Wal-Mart Clearance

Post by zdog89 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:07 pm

Okay so today i hit up two walmarts in my area. here are the results....

Walmart One
had a bunch of star wars stuff still at MSRP in the clearance section.
had open pharaohs quest stuff.... didn't bite
I managed to score the police headquarters for 49 tho!!!!

Walmart Two
had alien quest mother-ship for 30 picked it up
had alien quest copter for 19 picked it up
had the small alien striker? set 2.4 picked up 2.... they had tons of these left
harry potter knight bus...25??? didn't get that
some various pharaohs quest.... didn't bite
harry potter forbidden forest for 7 picked it up
police transport for 9 picked it up
oh and to my surprise they had the new series 6 minifigures! picked up 32 of them at 2.97 each.

overall I think i did great still hoping to find a rogue mill raid around.... and some potc every walmart in NJ seems to be cleaned out of these.
-Chris

cowbug
Knight
Knight

Post by cowbug » Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:12 pm

adol7 wrote:Walmart in Stockton, CA today had about 2.5 boxes of Series 5 minifigs for $1 each on clearance.
Thanks I took a detour today on my way to my inlaws, found 4 bags, randomly scattered throughout the toy section, they scanned $1. One was open so she gave it to me for $.50. I would have bought more but no luck. It wasn't a complete bust though. 4 CMFs for $3.50, not bad.

harrelmusic
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by harrelmusic » Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:37 pm

zdog89 wrote:overall I think i did great still hoping to find a rogue mill raid around.... and some potc every walmart in NJ seems to be cleaned out of these.
I've been visiting Wal-marts 27 times a week since Christmas (a possible exaggeration) and saw a Mill Raid in the Clearance section that had never been there before. I managed to maintain my excitement, fortunately, because it rang up full price.

goshe7
Citizen
Citizen

Post by goshe7 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:53 pm

cowbug wrote:
adol7 wrote:Walmart in Stockton, CA today had about 2.5 boxes of Series 5 minifigs for $1 each on clearance.
Thanks I took a detour today on my way to my inlaws, found 4 bags, randomly scattered throughout the toy section, they scanned $1. One was open so she gave it to me for $.50. I would have bought more but no luck. It wasn't a complete bust though. 4 CMFs for $3.50, not bad.
Mine had them on clearance for a cool $2.97 each. Boxes of them left, for some reason. No new finds at mine. They still had a couple SW Advent calendars at $19.90 and a few Toy Story Train sets for $40.

On the plus side, they did have a good number of the 2012 SW sets out.

janckson
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by janckson » Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:13 pm

harrelmusic wrote:
zdog89 wrote:overall I think i did great still hoping to find a rogue mill raid around.... and some potc every walmart in NJ seems to be cleaned out of these.
I've been visiting Wal-marts 27 times a week since Christmas (a possible exaggeration) and saw a Mill Raid in the Clearance section that had never been there before. I managed to maintain my excitement, fortunately, because it rang up full price.
Apple Tree Houses are also ringing up full price over here now.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:23 pm

Hmm, something happened to my post that I just typed!

I found one lone QAR for $59 behind a sea of Black Pearls ($74). I grabbbed a Ramses Pyramid for $6.50.

Other than that there were some Cars2 at 50% off (Ultimate Mater, Mack's Truck, Flo's Cafe), but decided we didn't need another of those, even for parts.

I didn't see any SW or City on clearane. Not AC to be found. A few HP Knight's Buses for $25. SW LEGO Watches were $7.

I wonder how long those Black Pearls will sit there at $74?

imrl
I'm New !

Post by imrl » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:25 am

I was by our local Wally (Topeka, KS, north store) today and found a City Harbor for $45 and a City Police Headquarters for $49. They also had several POTC QAR for 59 but the Black Pearls were still 74. Series 5 CMF for $2.97. Went to the Wally's in Lawrence and they had several POTC QAR and Black Pearls and a Harbor set but still all for retail. The one thing I picked up there were the Lego head sort and store case for 15. They still had a dozen of them. I'm hoping they drop the Black Pearl to 50% off. I may snag one then.

BrickFan1982
Citizen
Citizen

Post by BrickFan1982 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:05 am

sweet!!! well I just got back from 2 Wal Marts. 1st one had nothing on sclrx, 2nd one I found 2 Space Police Undercover... something, they're in my car. They were originally $30, but were marked down to $15, and the pricing clerk I guess wrongfully did a 2nd markdown with some " LG blue underwear" tag on them for $8, which the sales clerk gave them to me at $8, basically a steal I guess

starfire2
Knight
Knight

Post by starfire2 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:32 am

I found at one WM near me a HF Witch Doctor $15, HF Rocka XL $13, bought both. They also had the AC Mothership $30, Creator lighthouse $30, I passed on both but might check on the lighthouse in a week or so to see if it goes down.

LeonNLegos
I'm New !

Post by LeonNLegos » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:25 pm

1st walmart had a lot of sales. 2nd walmart did not have a thing for sale.

Went to a walmart in Southern California and found the following:

7286 Police Transport $9
3648 Police Chase $12.5
3368 Space Centre $35
7065 Alien Mothership $30
7051 Tripod Invader $13
Bunch of Duplos for $15
Cars were 50% off not a lot to choose from.

kk012
Peasant
Peasant

Post by kk012 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:04 pm

This round of Walmart clearance is so unpredictable. One store, which didn't have any newly clearanced Legos last week and Saturday, has slowly been putting out stuff. I picked up POTC The London Escape $20 yesterday and T6 Jedi Starfighter $30 tonight. I feel as though I have to check Walmart everyday. Yeah, clearanced Legos is like "plastic crack." I need help :lol:

vaio
I'm New !

Post by vaio » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:39 pm

I wish Walmart had an easy way to check prices over the phone like target. I've tried calling several and I end up on eternal hold.
Which Walmarts in So Cal did you have luck with? Can you message me? The two Anaheim ones had a bunch of 2012 sets but nothing on clearance.

evo8hks
Knight
Knight

Post by evo8hks » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:43 pm

I just cleaned out Norwich, NY Walmart of the following:

4 7065 Alien Mothership @ $30 a set
3 7931 T-6 Jedi Shuttle @ $30 a set
4 4193 The London Escape @ $25 a set
2 4194 Whitecap Bay @ $40 a set

neomonkey
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by neomonkey » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:48 pm

kk012 wrote:This round of Walmart clearance is so unpredictable. One store, which didn't have any newly clearanced Legos last week and Saturday, has slowly been putting out stuff. I picked up POTC The London Escape $20 yesterday and T6 Jedi Starfighter $30 tonight. I feel as though I have to check Walmart everyday. Yeah, clearanced Legos is like "plastic crack." I need help :lol:
You sound like the girl I met at the Fremont Walmart. The London Escape for $20 was a really good deal. I wish the other pirate sets were on sale too.

pdaaat
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by pdaaat » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:24 am

evo8hks wrote:I just cleaned out Norwich, NY Walmart of the following:

4 7065 Alien Mothership @ $30 a set
3 7931 T-6 Jedi Shuttle @ $30 a set
4 4193 The London Escape @ $25 a set
2 4194 Whitecap Bay @ $40 a set
Evo8hks - don't suppose you'd be willing to sell me one of those T6s?

octick
Knight
Knight

Post by octick » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:09 am

LeonNLegos wrote:1st walmart had a lot of sales. 2nd walmart did not have a thing for sale.

Went to a walmart in Southern California and found the following:

7286 Police Transport $9
3648 Police Chase $12.5
3368 Space Centre $35
7065 Alien Mothership $30
7051 Tripod Invader $13
Bunch of Duplos for $15
Cars were 50% off not a lot to choose from.
May I ask which one. I haven't found squat lately. PM if you don't want to post.
vaio wrote:The two Anaheim ones had a bunch of 2012 sets but nothing on clearance.
LOL. I went to those 2 and Buena Park yesterday. I found nothing. :down:

BrickFan1982
Citizen
Citizen

Post by BrickFan1982 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:08 am

Went to a 3rd Wal MArt yesterday about 35 miles away outside of Yuma, all i found was some scatterd AC, but I did pick up the 7 London Esacpes that they had left for $25 each, too bad the QAR and BP are not on clearance cuz they had 2 QAR and a bunch of BPs =( ... I'ma hit it again today though cuz they were still doing MarkDowns

zdog89
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by zdog89 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:34 pm

So i can give some insight into walmart after having a long convo with an associate yesterday.... so apparentyl when they re do a planogram for a section(in this case toys) they dump whatever doesnt have a location in the three or so "clearance" shelves.... she said that if you look closely at least in that walmart they weren't labeled clearance just low prices or some thing to that nature.... she said they have places in the back where the rest goes and they just fill the shelves when they can which explains why sets just keep "showing up at random". She also said that it depends on how long a product has been at the store b4 it goes clearance... for example the pirates they had she said they got that batch in nov and it hadn't clearanced yet. all in all seemed pretty lousy... but I took it at he truth
-Chris

BrickUpdate
Knight
Knight

Post by BrickUpdate » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:04 pm

I went to a different Walmart today - they had quite a few of the sets that others here mentioned being on sale. But... most everything rang up at full retail price. 10 photos of what I found: http://brickupdate.com/the-weirdness-of ... t-walmart/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

octick
Knight
Knight

Post by octick » Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:43 am

Basically, I have found the larger Wal-Marts have shelf space, so they hold on to older sets. The smaller stores don't have the room, so they are more likely to clearance when new sets come in. Every large Wal-Marts or Super Wal-Marts I have visited has older sets still at full price. All my successes have been at stores with very small rows and/or toy area.