[USA] Wal-Mart Clearance

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
Soccerd45
Citizen
Citizen

Re: [USA] Wal-Mart Clearance

Post by Soccerd45 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:17 pm

markerpk wrote: I even told one employee about the differences in the discounts being reported in other areas and he acted like it wasn't even possible. That's the guy that didn't seem to know what 'home office meant.
I did the same, and she said to me that the others were having a sale since they didnt sell out during christmas They didnt have them on sale as they were "completely sold out of legos". I know this is NOT true since i was there the day after and got some 50% off deals! They just like to think they know everything that is going on...

bouchj45
I'm New !

Post by bouchj45 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:58 pm

benfoldsrock,

What part of KC are you in so I will know to stay clear of the stores you hit up. I have hit a few with little luck on some of the newer discounted sets. Still full price POTC and Millenium Falcon around here.

benfoldsrock
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by benfoldsrock » Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:07 pm

I hit up almost all around but I didn't quite check the one over at independence lee summit and blue spring.

bouchj45
I'm New !

Post by bouchj45 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:48 pm

Awesome! Those are the only ones that I frequent. Thanks for the info.

kk012
Peasant
Peasant

Post by kk012 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:55 pm

Since yesterday, I have been to 5 Walmarts. Only 2 of the 5 had the newly clearanced Legos. This round of Walmart clearance is very YMMV.

Total Haul
4645-Harbor(last one so the box is beat up) $45
7208-Fire Station $50 (beat up box)
4644-Marina $25
3633-Space Center $35
7930-Bounty Hunter Assault Gunship $25
8095-General Grievous Starfighter $25
4738-Hagrids Hut $19
5766-Log Cabin x 3 $15
7931-T6 Jedi Starfighter $30
5770-Lighthouse $30 (splurged and bought this for 25% off)
8677-Ultimate Mater $15
7959-Geonosian Starfighter $15
4687-Hogwarts $35 (splurged on this, too)
5761-Mini-Digger $2.90
Series 5 Minifigs x10 $2

I couldn't find clearanced Millenium Falcons, Turbo Tanks, POTC stuff and Hogwarts Castle. Thanks for post, OP! Also, thanks to all the updates by everyone else. The info has been very helpful in my Walmart Lego hunt.
Last edited by kk012 on Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

markerpk
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by markerpk » Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:22 pm

I finally found some more clearance at my local super wally. One lonely AC Alien Defender in a beat up box for 5.00 and about 30-40 of the AC Alien Striker sets (still in the Lego display box!) for 2.40 each, I picked up the striker and four defenders to boost my aliens and defenders. I also found a few t-6 shuttles at 30 each, I grabbed one for the pieces and figs. I think that the normal walmarts are sending their stuff to the super wallys for this round. All the POTC and AC stuff I saw at the same walmarts yesterday at msrp was completely gone. The super wally had just finished their markdowns but hadn't tagged some things yet, so I had to scan for the prices to show up. Gonna start checking the super daily cause the guy doing the markdowns said they are now just waiting for more shipments to put on clearance. Hoping to find some more AC and POTC stuff in the coming days, maybe even some new markdowns on SW stuff (hoping I can score a few watches). Anyway, I'd recommend to keep checking throughout the week, especially at the super wallys, as it appears that they are now shuffling inventory from store to store and you never know what they may get in this week. Be sure to check the surrounding endcaps too and scan anything you are interested in, as it may just not have been tagged yet. Oh, and all four wallys finally had red ballons out around the store for the Red Balloon sale that supposedly started yesterday!

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:34 pm

All PotC is still full price at my WMs, but I did find one PQ "Rise of the Sphinx" for 50% off on my outing today. Another WM had Toy Story "Buzz's Star Command Spaceship" for $19, but I'd really only bite for 50%.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

clerkkent
Peasant
Peasant

Post by clerkkent » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:24 pm

I stopped by 2 more Walmarts today. These days my travel plans revolve around how many Walmarts are on the way. Each Walmart = 30mins more in travel time. :lol:

The first one in Rancho Cordova was awesome. There was a lot f scratch and dent items scattered about, but there was a friendly and competent associate working the aisles. I asked him to scan some items, he would scan them and then say 'but that one i can mark down' and he would beep his handheld and then say 'there you go, it is now 'x.xx'. I ended up with a Black pearl and republic frigate for $60 each, but they have popped seals, so those may be going back depending on what may or not be missing inside. 2 police mobile command center for $21, one kingdoms kings carriage , with beat up box($21), and a log cabin for $15.

The second Walmart was the land that time forgot. Fully stocked shelves, not one item discounted whatsoever. Had piles of clone tanks, republic frigates, etc for full price. The entire PotC line, full price, on and on. I went to the garden section for toy clearance. The main sets they had on 'clearance'? get ready for it...... 'Friends', but at essentially full MSRP. As I rifled through all the shelves, I did find a Construct a Buzz for $9 (isn't three years old now?), and an UB McQueen for $15. This particular location was going through a gradual conversion to a megawalmart, so maybe that is the reason.

harrelmusic
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by harrelmusic » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:44 pm

bouchj45 wrote:Awesome! Those are the only ones that I frequent. Thanks for the info.
You must have picked up some stuff from Lee's Summit because I haven't seen much there at all. :-)

legogod
Knight
Knight

Post by legogod » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:51 pm

I think some are hesitant like me to post as I plan to go back to this particular Wal-Mart and get some more sets. But I won't have enough money for everything...so I might as well post my finds, just leave some Pirates sets for me!

All of the sets that were marked down 50 percent after Christmas are GONE except Cars 2. The new rounds have started. POTC was 20-25 percent off and now is 50%. Most of the big sets are there.

Whitecap Bay-40
London Escape-25
The Mill-20
Black Pearl-74 BOO!
QAR-60 BOO! I need more money :P

AC has a deeper discount on the Helicopter. 39.99 is now 19.00 :). They have quite a few of these and I was able to get one. I love the detailing on the Alien heads.

Some Star Wars sets moved over to the Lawn and Garden center-but they seemed to scan full price. Bigger SW sets still sitting there...

The little powerboat set is 2.50. WHOOPY!

Some Cars 2 sets still in the regular Lego aisle that has not been reset yet. Still ringing up after Christmas prices. The set with the jet (25)and Ultimate Build Mater(15).

Have fun,
Jared

Kodiak10
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Kodiak10 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:56 pm

Its amazing on the YMMV. I don't quite understand it. Can anyone make sense of this. Bizarre to say the least.

intromission
Knight
Knight

Post by intromission » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:09 pm

My theory is that it's the regular Walmarts (not Super) that have the really good deals. That's been my experience at least.

On another note, I'm thinking of trying some reselling for the first time to try to get some money back from all these excursions. Is Slave 1 a safe bet to get a return pretty quick? I saw 4 leftover @ 39 from Christmas and I might grab them and put them on Ebay.

Ebay takes out how much again?

sfenness
I'm New !

Post by sfenness » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:49 pm

Is there anyway you would be willing to pick me up one and mail it and charge some extra for handling and shipping? I can pay via paypal of course. I have been looking for that set FOREVER! That is the one set my son wanted for Christmas and i didn't get and in then my local stores sold out right after :( Let me know if you are willing to help!!
intromission wrote:My theory is that it's the regular Walmarts (not Super) that have the really good deals. That's been my experience at least.

On another note, I'm thinking of trying some reselling for the first time to try to get some money back from all these excursions. Is Slave 1 a safe bet to get a return pretty quick? I saw 4 leftover @ 39 from Christmas and I might grab them and put them on Ebay.

cowbug
Knight
Knight

Post by cowbug » Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:26 am

intromission wrote:Ebay takes out how much again?
It depends how you list it. Buy It Now they take a higher percentage. With an auction, after the listing fee, ebay final value fee and paypal fees, its around 10%, give or take. Of course it depends on your starting bid price, the higher the price, the more the listing fee, and if you add any options to your listing.

BrickUpdate
Knight
Knight

Post by BrickUpdate » Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:39 am

@intromission I don't think Slave 1 will produce that great of a return very quickly. It is the 3rd version of that ship that LEGO produced (plus Jango's version.) You can still find it for retail in plenty of stores too.

It's a good set, and buying nearly ANYTHING at 50% off or greater will produce some financial return. But I don't think it will be doubling in price anytime soon.

Thanks.

pdaaat
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by pdaaat » Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:43 am

I would love to get a T-6 for $30 if anyone can help. I live in Canada.

slisa51
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by slisa51 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:19 am

intromission wrote:My theory is that it's the regular Walmarts (not Super) that have the really good deals. That's been my experience at least.

In the long run slave I will be a good resell but you may have to wait. Amazon has had it for 72.00 with free shipping and no tax for the last few months. Its also a decent size box that will cost about 10-17 bucks to ship depending on where its going. If you have the money to put aside for a while I would suggest grabbing it. Ebay takes 11% on the first $50 (5.50) and 6% on the rest. Plus paypay takes 2.9% plus .30 cents

intromission
Knight
Knight

Post by intromission » Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:30 am

Thanks folks. I am aware of the shipping cost as I purchased 15 of them after Christmas for someone on Brickset as part of an exchange. To the similar request above I apologize but I'm going to have to pass this time. These were at a Walmart about an hour away and I'm a little short on time these days. I was considering them to cover the unanticipated expense of this second wave of sales. After Christmas I had vowed no more until next Black Friday. Clearance LEGO should really be classified as a controlled substance. Can anyone relate to the quickened pace as you exit your car and start walking to the entrance, and then the aisle? The anticipation of what you'll find? Lol. Plastic crack indeed.

cowbug
Knight
Knight

Post by cowbug » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:15 am

intromission wrote:Thanks folks. I am aware of the shipping cost as I purchased 15 of them after Christmas for someone on Brickset as part of an exchange. To the similar request above I apologize but I'm going to have to pass this time. These were at a Walmart about an hour away and I'm a little short on time these days. I was considering them to cover the unanticipated expense of this second wave of sales. After Christmas I had vowed no more until next Black Friday. Clearance LEGO should really be classified as a controlled substance. Can anyone relate to the quickened pace as you exit your car and start walking to the entrance, and then the aisle? The anticipation of what you'll find? Lol. Plastic crack indeed.
I jokingly think of myself as a LEGO hunter, hunting for the best deals. Somethimes I think the thrill of the hunt is as fun as actually building the sets.

popnfresh
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by popnfresh » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:35 am

A simple rough estimate is paypal/ebay together will about 10%, granted its more complicated than that but its close, and lego boxes are on he bigger side so you can get away with charging a premium for shipping, especially if you package it properly. Most sets will eventually be least be 1.5-2 times the RRP, so you will make a profit, it just depends on how long you can tie up your cash. You should definitely get Slave I at 39 tho, that is a no brainer.