[USA] Wal-Mart Clearance

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
atmail35
Duke
Duke

Re: [USA] Wal-Mart Clearance

Post by atmail35 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:56 pm

I am so tempted to go over to Walmart, but the one by me never has stuff on clearance that is reported here!

SlickP
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by SlickP » Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:02 pm

My advice would be to scan everthing you're interested in. Some things popped up on clearance today that wasn't on clearance a few days ago.

Max Power
Knight
Knight

Post by Max Power » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:29 pm

Got the podracer set, T-6 shuttle both for %50 off and also picked up Ufo abduction for $21 and Mothership for $30.

keithk
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by keithk » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:55 pm

Edmond Dantes wrote:Found these at 50% off:
Nice score!

BTW, you don't happen to run Mankato Bricks over at BL, do you?

bigdaddy
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by bigdaddy » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:39 pm

So hit another Walmart after work not expecting much. All together this is my days hall from 3 different Walmarts around me. The last was definitely the best

5766 - Log Cabin $15 (x2)
7498 - Police Station $49
7288 - Mobile Police Unit $21
7962 - Anakin & Sebulbas Podracers $45
7961 - Darth Mauls Sith Infiltrator $35
7959 - Geonosian Starfighetr $15
8083 - Rebel Trooper battle Pack $5 (x2)

2nd
7930 - Bounty Hunter Assault Gunship $25
4865 - The Forbidden Forest $7 (x3)
7931 - T6 Jedi Shuttle $30
8677 - Ultimate Build Mater $21

First Store
3368 - Space Center $35

And to boot figured I would feel up a couple cmf series 5 since I was already there and look for that clown to finish the series off. 5th pack in and I felt the hat then the pie. Now on to Series 6 ;)

clerkkent
Peasant
Peasant

Post by clerkkent » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:03 pm

I visited three walmarts this afternoon:

First one had a healthy selection, including:

7931 - T6 Jedi Shuttle $30
8677 - Ultimate Build Mater $15
5766 - Log Cabin $15 (x2)
7498 - Police Station $49
7288 - Mobile Police Unit $21
3368 - Space Center $35
Marina - $25
Knight Bus $17
Hagrids Hut $19

And two black Pearls- full price.

Second one was a waste.. Their 'clearance' section was the same sets, but at full normal price, but in RED stickers.. oooooohhhhhhhhh

Third one had some Jedi Shuttles, and Bounty Hunter Pursuit ($25).

All had Bionicles too, but i wasn't paying attention which ones- the same ones everyone else mentioned

clerkkent
Peasant
Peasant

Re: [USA] Wal-Mart Clearance -oddballs

Post by clerkkent » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:06 pm

I also want to mentioned that the first one had a handful of the PQ 'cursed cobra statue', but at almost full price.

I have noticed that if Walmart gets an older set that was discontinued awhile back, it gets put back on the shelf at full MSRP. I saw some PoP sets like that during the holidays too. odd.

BrickUpdate
Knight
Knight

Post by BrickUpdate » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:15 pm

Stopped by my local Wal-Mart. The ONLY thing I found on sale was the XXL box for $15. They only had one. Here are 9 photos of the LEGO section:

http://brickupdate.com/lego-sale-at-wal-mart/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Edmond Dantes
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Edmond Dantes » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:09 pm

keithk wrote:
Nice score!

Yeah, I do - doesn't seem to be many AFOLs here in town (and I probably shouldn't be using the town's name in my store, but my wife liked it, so I stuck with it). How'd you know?

keithk
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by keithk » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:17 pm

Edmond Dantes wrote:
keithk wrote:
Nice score!

Yeah, I do - doesn't seem to be many AFOLs here in town (and I probably shouldn't be using the town's name in my store, but my wife liked it, so I stuck with it). How'd you know?
That's pretty funny, I just ordered Series 2-4 from you this week...didn't even know you were a member of toysnbricks. I just happened to notice the name of your city and thought I'd ask. Thanks for the quick shipping by the way, got them Wednesday...that was really fast! Plan on going through the packs this weekend and submitting feedback.

Thanks again :-)

Edmond Dantes
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Edmond Dantes » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:23 pm

keithk wrote:
Edmond Dantes wrote:
keithk wrote:
Nice score!

That's pretty funny, I just ordered Series 2-4 from you this week...didn't even know you were a member of toysnbricks. I just happened to notice the name of your city and thought I'd ask. Thanks for the quick shipping by the way, got them Wednesday...that was really fast! Plan on going through the packs this weekend and submitting feedback.

Thanks again :-)
Hah, cool and you're welcome- small AFOL world I guess. Let me know if there are any errors (which I doubt).

Thanks.

Naka
I'm New !

Post by Naka » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:57 pm

I went to 5 Walmarts in Orange County, California and most of them were pretty picked over. One of them had the Pod Racer set and the Sith Infiltrator but they scanned in at full price. I was definitely bummed cause when I went on Walmart's site to see if they had stuff in stock most of the stores reported that the Falcon and Queen Anne's revenge were no where to be found :(

clerkkent
Peasant
Peasant

Post by clerkkent » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:13 pm

interesting.. those three Harry Potter sets should be clearanced, along with the non-boat PotC and all of last years Cars sets.

BrickUpdate wrote:Stopped by my local Wal-Mart. The ONLY thing I found on sale was the XXL box for $15. They only had one. Here are 9 photos of the LEGO section:

http://brickupdate.com/lego-sale-at-wal-mart/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

raccooneyes
I'm New !

Post by raccooneyes » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:57 pm

I went to my local walmart last night (Jacksonville, NC) and checked out there toy clearance section. I didn't expect to find anything more then 50% off but when I checked out the section this time there was Three lego 7327 (pyramid) sets that were there and they were only about $27 a piece. Thats about 75% off because the set usually retails for $99. I was really surprised because I never see Lego at 75% off at Walmart. The weird thing was that some of the smaller pharoah sets were nearly the same price as the pyramid set which is about 700+ pieces I believe. I also picked up a Cars2 bentleys escape for $20 which normally retails for $70. Went to ToysRus and picked up the lego superheroes batman funhouse, they only had 2 left, I just bought 1 for about $50 with tax included.

benfoldsrock
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by benfoldsrock » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:24 am

Over the last 3 days i went to probably 15 walmarts. i am self-employed so it was easy to shop during the day. still no sign of falcon.

Some good grab are :
Clone Turbo SW $59 x4
City marina $25 x3
queen ann $59 x3
jedi t $30 x 6
got plenty of alien conquest, london escape, and cars (flo , mac truck), city space, city command center.

the BEST!!!

Lego Bionicle Skopio IV or something like that... for $44 usd. i sold 3 of those not quite long ago for $130.

it was fun. i actually met a AFOL and reseller as we both mad dash to the clearance isle. he grab the big sets, i got the good small sets! he grab about 5 clone turbo before i could... it was insane.

saw 10 black pearl for 74 but did not pick up. it was a small town , i will have my friend check on it and see if it will go down next week. went to another walmart, small town. only have discounts at 20-30 percent off which was so irritating.... they were the sets that i have seen 50% off at other store. include 10 london escape, 6 mother alien ship, 3 clone turbo, bunch of cars 2...i wasn't about to settle for 25-30%...also found city airport for 79 and fire station for still 59 there. might call them in a couple days...

Soccerd45
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Soccerd45 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:23 am

I went to a few walmarts today. The first 2 no sales. The 3rd was a bit insane. They had them in the clearance aisle marked 50% off and some ringing up full price. I asked and the guy marking them down had gone to lunch but since they had been "deleted" from the system they were 50% off. If they were priced under $20 then they were 75% off. So i brought them up to the register and they came up full price of course. They called back to the person in the clearance section and she said that everything i had was 50-75% off so they had to override all the prices. Not only did i get the half price on the ones that hadnt been marked, but the register person also said she didnt care and gave me 50-75% off the already reduced ones. She was also estimating on all the discounts so there was one that she gave me for $5 that should have been $50.

Best deals:
Whitecap bay $20
Prisoner transport $2.25
Tripod invader: $3.25
Ultimate build mater: $4
Knights bus: 4
Freeing dobby: $1.50
London escape: $5
Ftn of youth: $5
Maters spy zone: $3.6

Good deals:
Black pearl:45
Mill: $20
Cannibal escape: $15
General grievous: 24.50
Alien mothership: $30

Yay! This thread is officially the best thread! But expensive... :)

markerpk
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by markerpk » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:04 am

Geez! Don't know if I should hope for better or be bummed! Four Walmarts in my area. None had any sort of Red Ballon sale at all! One of them is completely cleaned out of all old sets, two have a handful on the shelf but at full msrp, one has a lot of old stuff, but again at full msrp! My only hope is when I talked to the manager at the superwalmart he said they are waiting for the other stores to send their stuff to them and they will get shipments on monday. Also found out that their new week starts on saturday, so maybe they will start new markdowns then. I sure hope so, cause I would love to get any of the SW sets evrybody else is seeing at those 50% off prices! Funny thing is when I talked to another employee there just a few minutes before I saw the manager, the employee said all the pricing is set by "home office". I asked if he meant the corporate hq and he just said, "Yeah the home office". That intelligent response is what prompted me to seek out a member of managment, as I wasn't about to end a four store trek without a better explanation of why all four stores would seemingly ignore a national sales ad (not even a glimmer of anything mentioning the Red Ballon sale in any of the four).

intromission
Knight
Knight

Post by intromission » Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:20 am

I'm pretty sure the red ballon sale didn't apply to LEGO. That's what a manager told me.
I never saw one red sticker in my travels. Soccerd45 you certainly lucked out. I wouldn't have been able to contain the big ol grin on my face at the register. Lol.

markerpk
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by markerpk » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:53 am

intromission wrote:I'm pretty sure the red ballon sale didn't apply to LEGO. That's what a manager told me.
Well that would make sense if they had ANY sort of sale set up, but none of them did. I got the impression that most of the employees didn't even know about it. The three store employees i talked with at the different locations all just directed me to whatever pitiful clearance aisle they had. The manager at the supercenter was the only one that even seemed to be aware of the Red Balloon sale and he said they were "probably" going to begin their setup for it on Monday!

I even told one employee about the differences in the discounts being reported in other areas and he acted like it wasn't even possible. That's the guy that didn't seem to know what 'home office meant.

newf
Peasant
Peasant

Post by newf » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:55 am

Hey all
The Walmart on the berlin tpk in Newingotn ct has the alien conquest sets in the clearance section for 30 bucks. There were 3 sets there as of yesterday