[USA] Wal-Mart Clearance

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
HBCoffin
I'm New !

Re: [USA] Wal-Mart Clearance

Post by HBCoffin » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:59 pm

My mistake regarding my previous comment on finding the Black Pearl marked at 50% off-all the sale items were marked on the shelf by a red price tag with the original purchase price, one of which was the Black Pearl. I went back today to make a pickup and decided to check the price at a scanner before heading to the checkout counter and it rang up at $99.97-I don't know why it was marked with the red tag, or why they decided to stack a few ships in the "clearance" aisle, but it seems like a cruel joke.

kyzr44
I'm New !

Post by kyzr44 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:05 pm

My best score today was a 5512 XXL for $15. My local WM was picked clean, but do to work I was able to search one 70 miles away.
give a man a fish you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish and you lose a great business opportunity

super12
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by super12 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:12 pm

HBCoffin wrote:My mistake regarding my previous comment on finding the Black Pearl marked at 50% off-all the sale items were marked on the shelf by a red price tag with the original purchase price, one of which was the Black Pearl. I went back today to make a pickup and decided to check the price at a scanner before heading to the checkout counter and it rang up at $99.97-I don't know why it was marked with the red tag, or why they decided to stack a few ships in the "clearance" aisle, but it seems like a cruel joke.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
I went to about 10 walmart in the past 2 days to find that non-existing 50% Black Pearl.....
:what?: :what?: :what?: :what?: :what?: :what?: :what?: :what?: :what?: :what?: :what?: :what?:

NiceMarmot
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by NiceMarmot » Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:06 am

Swung by the store in Marina, CA today on our way back from Monterey, and found a bunch of 8089 Hoth Wampa sets for $19.99. Grabbed two; there's probably at least a dozen more still there. Spent another ten minutes scanning every LEGO set in the store, but the only other things on sale were the little Mater and Lightning McQueen sets for $3.40 each.

Soccerd45
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Soccerd45 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:14 am

I was really hoping to get a Hogwarts Express or an Apple Tree House or the rare 1600 XXL set.
I got a slave 1, fire house, spinjitzu dojo, city of atlantis, Palpatine shuttle, alien HQ, police boat, police chase, the kingdom ones, and the cars ones if anyone is willing to trade?
Thanks for letting us know about this sale!

keithk
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by keithk » Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:09 am

Soccerd45 wrote:I was really hoping to get a Hogwarts Express or an Apple Tree House or the rare 1600 XXL set.
I got a slave 1, fire house, spinjitzu dojo, city of atlantis, Palpatine shuttle, alien HQ, police boat, police chase, the kingdom ones, and the cars ones if anyone is willing to trade?
Was the firehouse 50% by chance? The one I found came up at $69.

Edmond Dantes
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Edmond Dantes » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:08 am

pokerfool wrote:Man, I would have really liked to get an Emperor's shuttle and Mace Windu set. Anyone selling? :)

I have a couple Emporer's Shuttles I picked up during the Target sale, but I'm currently selling them on Bricklink.

Soccerd45
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Soccerd45 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:09 am

keithk wrote:
Soccerd45 wrote:I was really hoping to get a Hogwarts Express or an Apple Tree House or the rare 1600 XXL set.
Was the firehouse 50% by chance? The one I found came up at $69.
Oops, i meant fire temple. The ninjago set :)

pitdroid
I'm New !

Post by pitdroid » Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:37 am

I've check everywhere in the Dallas Area Walmarts for the Ninjago Fire Temple. They are all gone. Really wanted one at 50%. :-(

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:53 pm

Are most Walmart's cleared out by now? And do the shelf prices still show regular price? I am planning to make a drive to the US tomorrow. Btw, anyone in the Bellingham, WA visit the Walmart near Bellis Fair? How is the selection there?

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:05 pm

Legobrandon wrote:... do the shelf prices still show regular price?...
The ones on clearance at my local Walmart had a clearance tag sticking out with clearance price on it.
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

GuaranteedUnity
Knight
Knight

Post by GuaranteedUnity » Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:09 pm

Legobrandon wrote:Are most Walmart's cleared out by now? And do the shelf prices still show regular price? I am planning to make a drive to the US tomorrow. Btw, anyone in the Bellingham, WA visit the Walmart near Bellis Fair? How is the selection there?
It varies by store, but I wouldn't say their cleared out, but more picked over.

However, a friend called a little earlier to say that Christmas returns had just started hitting the floor, so who knows what you'll find?

robertwilliamneil
Citizen
Citizen

Post by robertwilliamneil » Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:25 pm

I have to agree with others above about more inventory being placed on the sales floor. Went back to one store today that I had already checked, and they had 3 Scorpion Pyramids, 1 flying mummy attack, 1 mace windu fighter, 1 police boat and 1 power boat transporter on the shelves. (I grabbed the mace and a scorpion pyramid). So, previously empty stores may be worth checking again.

pushpin
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by pushpin » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:56 pm

I scored two V-Wings @ $9/each. Whoohoo

starfire2
Knight
Knight

Post by starfire2 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:47 pm

One of my local Walmarts had lots of Dobby's, 2 rise of the sphynx, 20+ SW advent calendars, and 3 Kingdoms Carriage sets. I live in Phoenix AZ. This Walmart was on 17th ave & W Bell rd.

clerkkent
Peasant
Peasant

Post by clerkkent » Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:28 am

I visited a central California Walmart, and the toy section appeared as if a grenade or three had been lobbed in the aisles.. to the point that it made the Kmart toy section look immaculate. After sifting thru the rubbish, I found the following:

1 Queen Annes revenge (at MSRP)
1 black pearl (at MSRP)
1 Hogwarts Express (half off MSRP)
3 Scorpion Pyramid (half off MSRP -$50)
1 World Racers Desert of Destruction ($37)

UNFORTUNATELY, all of these sets had been opened, and crudely taped shut again, plus they look like they had been sitting out in the rain. Bummer.

At a different Walmart, I got excited to find a Prince of Persia 7572 Quest Against Time on the shelf, until I scanned it and it came up at full MSRP. Huh?

Otherwise, most Walmarts were offering the ninjago vehicles on clearance, along with at least one Spyjet escape.

mah4546
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by mah4546 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:05 am

Legobrandon wrote:Are most Walmart's cleared out by now? And do the shelf prices still show regular price? I am planning to make a drive to the US tomorrow. Btw, anyone in the Bellingham, WA visit the Walmart near Bellis Fair? How is the selection there?
I went to six Wal Marts on Thursday. Some were cleared out, some were not. I found one that had a perfectly neat LEGO asile filled with sets like The Burrow and Earth Defense HQ, with regular prices on the shelf but scanned at half off. You shouldn't have trouble finding Cars, smaller Ninjago sets, and SW Advent calendars, as well as City Police Chase and Power Boat transporter. The rest, though, I would not count on.

Soccerd45
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Soccerd45 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:13 pm

I dint go that far, but i went up to Marysville and Everett. They had some stuff the other day when I was there. If you can stand the drive, Spanaway (near Tacoma) had a TON of stuff.

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:21 pm

Disappointing trip to Walmart today, the only sets they had on clearance were the double Ninjago packs, and a Cars Spy Jet Escape. Scanned every item on the shelf, but all shows up at regular price. They only have 1/3 of the shelves filled with LEGO, the rest were Mega Bloks.

brickster90
Knight
Knight

Post by brickster90 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:00 pm

Lucky me! I found a WalMart that had about 20 Hoth Battle Packs. Got most of em. :D