[USA] Wal-Mart Clearance

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
MunsonRoyE
I'm New !

Re: [USA] Wal-Mart Clearance

Post by MunsonRoyE » Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:13 am

mterr1 wrote:I saw like 20 Black Pearls at one location but didn't think to scan them as I didn't think they were included in the half off sale. To confirm these were 50% off at Walmart?
Checked at my Walmart in Carlisle, PA. There were 2 left and they rang up at full price.

oocaleb101oo
Knight
Knight

Post by oocaleb101oo » Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:49 am

When I went on Monday the black pearl wasn't marked off 50% at my walmart. Also someone mentioned that Ventress was marked 50% also but mine showed up at $24 which is retail. I even took a ventress yesterday and scanned it again to see if it was just a delay in the savings and Ventress still popped up at $24. Black pearl for me on monday was scanning at $99. I would love to get a black pearl at 50% and a queen anne at 50% but I'm not too optimistic right now.

tronan
I'm New !

Post by tronan » Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:19 am

HBCoffin wrote:For those of you looking for a Slave I, but don't want to drive around hoping for the best... I'm sure most of you have seen that the Slave I has been removed from the Walmart online database (if you attempt to use their search engine). I did the following search via Google, "walmart slave I," and came across the expired product page, got the item number, bookmarked the javascript "see store availability" hyperlink from another item and replaced the item number with that of the Slave I.

Create a bookmark for the following URL:

javascript:openFindInStore(13250056)
Brilliant!
I found the old web page on google, but didn't think to 'fake' the javascript to the store finder. I love clever!

Found a store 'in stock' and headed there now!
You're my hero :-)

Thundarr
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Thundarr » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:06 am

You might want to call first. The website is not accurate at all. I used the javascript trick and found 5 stores with In Stock (not even Limited). I called all of them and nada! One newer store even said there was a big empty space on the shelf where they once were - the only set that appeared to be sold out he said, based on the neatness of the LEGO aisle (apparently this store wasn't ravaged before/after Christmas).

vpdcus
I'm New !

Post by vpdcus » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:32 am

yea... just happened to me. Shows in stock but nada in the store.

Cara
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Cara » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:35 am

It shows you when it was in stock as of, and at the moment for the items I was checking that as of date is 11am december 25th :P

vpdcus
I'm New !

Post by vpdcus » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:55 am

yea.. the store I checked says it was in stock as of 12 am est 12/28.

tronan
I'm New !

Post by tronan » Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:31 pm

just back. and as some of the above folks found: in stock on line and none in store. foiled again! lol
this has been fun, running around like a lego junkie...just ONE MORE set.

natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by natelite » Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:37 pm

i finally hit jackpot today. 10 snowtrooper bps left untouched! and 2 quite dented dobby rescue sets...but no matter. i'll probably do the switcheroo at tru (buy new and return old). :lol: surprisingly the hp castle or hp burrow sets were not 50% d/c so i left them alone.

tarakou
Peasant
Peasant

Post by tarakou » Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:21 pm

If anyone is in the Tampa Bay area, the wal-mart on US 19 near Gulf View Square Mall has many of the bigger sets still in stock. As of 12/28 4 PM, they had about 8 HP burrows, 3 Mill Village Raids, 4 Kingdom Carriages, 2 or 3 Palpatines, a bunch of Freeing Dobby, and several of those creator small sets like the race cars and dump trucks at 2.90 a piece.

I bought:
1 x Burrows
1 x Mill Village Raid
1 x Kingdom Carriage
1 x SW Battle Pack
1 x Mini Creator Dump Truck

The dump truck is sooo cute! I couldn't say no. I'm tempted to go back for a Palpatine shuttle, is it a good set?

All in all, a great haul!
Last edited by tarakou on Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

solo606
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by solo606 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:38 pm

The Wal-Mart in Sturtevant/Racine Wisconsin had the following this morning.

20x Freeing Dobby
2x Alien Conquest HQ
1 x Scorpion Pyramid
6 x Cursed Cobra Statue
8x Advent Calendars
1x Toy Story Western Train chase

Plus a bunch of Ninjago Spinners and 3 diff Ninjago sets about 5-10 each.

All 50% off.

popnfresh
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by popnfresh » Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:23 pm

walmarts are pretty much cleared out

but i did find 10-30% at target for some big ticket stuff

harry potter castle the big 100+ dollar one) and black pearl were both 30%

Max Power
Knight
Knight

Post by Max Power » Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:55 pm

Finally had time to stop by my local walmart and target. Walmart had a total of 5 lego sets. Target also had basically nothing. They just had Portal of Atlantis on clearance for $85 :zzz:
Very disappointing especially with everyone scoring tons of deals :evil:

koromo
Knight
Knight

Post by koromo » Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:17 pm

I have yet to see any PoTC ship discounted and every WM I've been to has a great many Black Pearls in stock.

Ninjago spinners have been fun finds at 3.40. If anymember has a surplus in those there are a few characters I am still looking for.
Lego Fan based in Seacoast Area of New Hampshire.

Cimmerian
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Cimmerian » Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:28 pm

I've been to 10-12 Targets and WM's the past two days. Finally picked up the SW Advent calender for $19.90. Castle seems to be sold out everywhere, and the PotC ships are ringing up full price. I'd love to find those for half price. The search continues...

brickster90
Knight
Knight

Post by brickster90 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:14 pm

Unfortunately I didn't find any Slave One sets (I REALLY wanted that one), but I got some Ninjago sets (all in the skeleton line were half off), Mace Windu (score!), Palpatine's Shuttle, and Hoth Battle Packs. Pretty Happy with my haul.

kk012
Peasant
Peasant

Post by kk012 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:14 pm

NiceMarmot wrote:If anyone has seen any Black Pearls on sale in the greater San Jose area, let me know. Checked Mt View and didn't see any. Would also be interested in any Kingdoms stuff, Slave I, or Scorpion Pyramid.
I scanned Black Pearl at 2 Walmarts (Fremont & Milpitas) today and these were still ringing up at MSRP. I didn't see any Slave 1 or Scorpion Pyramids at those stores. There is still some Kingdoms stuff (a few Blacksmith, 1 Mill Village Raid-possibly opened, 1 King's Carriage) at the Milpitas one. You just need to be patient and search through the trashed Lego aisle and adjacent aisles. Everything is in disarray.

Also, I found some World Racers Legos with crushed boxes:
8864 Desert of Destruction $37
8863 Blizzard's Peak $31
Last edited by kk012 on Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.

vatech2000
I'm New !

Post by vatech2000 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:23 pm

Many thanks to the poster who helped with the javascript problem with the Walmart page. However, I think the store locator service is indeed off with their inventory.

Dropped by a few Targets and Walmarts..The target sales were garbage.

I did manage to get from Walmart:

A bunch of hoth battle packs
2 Slave 1s
4 Mace Windus (there were a ton of these left)
2 Mill Carriage Raids

Saw a bunch of Ninjago and SW advent calendars as well...

earl9371
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by earl9371 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:43 pm

Anyone have any idea as to how Wal Mart clearance sales work? There's a stack of advent calenders at my local WM, but I'm hoping (as they still are shelf marked for the full price) that they'll drop to the $15-$10 range in a short period. I think Target uses a weekly system to determine how much a price continues to go down, and didn't know if WM did the same as I'm hoping these land at 75% off!

barren
I'm New !

Post by barren » Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:52 pm

Went to a Walmart in central Kentucky the 27th and 28th. They had tons of Pirates, but none scanned on sale. Besides Pirates and Star Wars, and 2 boxes of Pharaoh Sphinx 50% off, no other Legos. Went by Target on 27th and no deals on Legos.

However, today I went by Kmart and Kingdoms King Carriage was marked down from $40 to $30, and scanned in at $15 each. I bought all three of them. Not sure if other Legos are scanning 50% off. Only ones I checked were Duplo (not on sale) and Kingdoms (bought them all). Checking another Kmart 30 minutes from here tomorrow.