[USA] Wal-Mart Clearance

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
LegoFlesh
I'm New !

Re: [USA] Wal-Mart Clearance

Post by LegoFlesh » Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:11 pm

cmonman wrote:I went to the walmart in Oxnard, Ca... It was a serious zoo. They had all the clearance lego and toys out on an end cap together. I picked up some pharoahs and cars 2. Many SW advent and ninjago, but no surprises to speak of.
Do you know if they have any clearance Kingdom stuff there? I only found the Carriage and im looking for some of the smaller sets actually.

I found one Alien Conquest Earth Defense HQ after going to 3 different walmarts. $44
Scorpion Pyramid rang up at $40 so I snatched up the last one. Other than those particular ones everything else was pretty much the typical deals people are finding.

KMART also has killer deals on certain things!
I found Buzz's Star Command Spaceship for $7.50 again and the Cursed Cobra Statue was only $11!!

EveLAntagonist
I'm New !

Post by EveLAntagonist » Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:38 pm

I picked up a Slave I for 39.90. There were only 2 left hidden behind some bounty hunter ships and 1 was opened. Would have also picked up the Advent calender but all 7 of them had broken seals/opened corners and most likely were missing mini figs. Darn thieves.

dirtgypsy
Peasant
Peasant

Post by dirtgypsy » Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:57 pm

EveLAntagonist wrote:I picked up a Slave I for 39.90. There were only 2 left hidden behind some bounty hunter ships and 1 was opened. Would have also picked up the Advent calender but all 7 of them had broken seals/opened corners and most likely were missing mini figs. Damn thieves.
Saw the same thing on one SW Advent set and offered the manager $6 for it. He says "I can do better than that" He gave me it for $5. Only missing battle droid!

Clint

popnfresh
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by popnfresh » Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:08 pm

i found plo koons but it was msrp,
didnt see any kingdoms at all in socal, but i did score some mace windus, one slave 1 and one shuttle.

GuaranteedUnity
Knight
Knight

Post by GuaranteedUnity » Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:45 pm

Found myself on the road today for other reasons and swung into some WMs along the way to see if their selection was any better than the WMs near me -

Augusta, ME - Lots of (SW) Advents, Plo Koon's Starfighters, Freeco Speeders, (Atlantis) Deep Sea Raiders, and (HP) Freeing Dobbys
Waterville, ME - Lots of (SW) Advents, although many looked like they'd been tampered with

evo8hks
Knight
Knight

Post by evo8hks » Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:10 pm

I went to the New Hartford NY store for round 2. It was well stocked and I picked up the following:

1 Hogwarts express
5 slave 1
3 Mace Windu's
2 Escape from Dragon's Prison

If you live in area, there is still a lot left: 30+ blacksmith sets, 10+ Plo Koon’s Jedi Starfighters, 10+ Kings Carriages, 1 scorpion pyramid, 10+ Freeco Speeders, 20+ Freeing Dobbys, 20+ SW advents, and bunch of different racers sets, all at 50% off.
Last edited by evo8hks on Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tronan
I'm New !

Post by tronan » Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:21 pm

In the Chicago area, the Rolling Meadows Walmart (1460 Golf Rd) had 3 HP Burrow sets, a bunch of Freeing Dobby sets, and a lot of Star Wars Advent calendars. The Elk Grove Village Walmart (801 Meacham Rd) had 9 Mace Windus. This is all as of about 6pm tonight.

I snagged a Hoth Wampa set for under $20. MIssed the online target sale on that one, so I'm pleased.
Still no Slave I. I give up! *grin*

HBCoffin
I'm New !

Post by HBCoffin » Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:59 pm

For those of you looking for a Slave I, but don't want to drive around hoping for the best... I'm sure most of you have seen that the Slave I has been removed from the Walmart online database (if you attempt to use their search engine). I did the following search via Google, "walmart slave I," and came across the expired product page, got the item number, bookmarked the javascript "see store availability" hyperlink from another item and replaced the item number with that of the Slave I.

Create a bookmark for the following URL:

javascript:openFindInStore(13250056)

Go to Walmart.com, then load the bookmark you created to search local retailers for availability. Though, I noticed sometimes certain locations don't report stock on particular items. I picked up a Slave I from one location that was marked as having "Limited Stock," and I'm pretty sure I got the last one, however, I found another one at a location that wasn't even listed as a carrier in the same general area, so if they're all out of stock at the listed retailers, maybe try hitting up an unlisted retailer.

Saw at least 20 Black Pearls between two locations at 50% off. I already picked up Queen Anne's Revenge during the Black Friday sale at Barnes & Noble, so I was a bit hesitant to pick up another ship, but I might go back sometime later this week. It's hard to resist those mini-figures.

Also picked up a Burrow, Dobby's Release, and a Mandalorian battle pack. Searched and saw a Mill Village Raid in stock at one location in the area, but it's marked off as having "Limited Stock," so there's probably only one left, but I searched the entire toy section through packed shelves, behind every box of LEGOs, through the entire clearance section with no luck. Thinking someone might have picked it up and left it somewhere throughout the store... might go back in a couple of days in hopes a worker helps it find its way back to its designated shelf.

solo606
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by solo606 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:20 pm

melsig wrote:
tronan wrote:I'd love to find a Slave I, but I can't find stock online and the two Walmart's I went to today didn't have any. Does anyone know of stock somewhere near Chicago?
I don't know how far you are willing to travel, but there was one left at the Vernon Hills WM a couple hours ago. It was in the clearance section but wasn't marked down, so no one was touching it (the set scans at the sale price). That and 1 Big Bentley Bust Out were all they had left, though. Probably wise to call ahead.
I stopped at the Vernon Hills wal-mart today before checking this thread.
There was 1 Slave 1 in the clearance aisle next tot the toys, but nothing else.
The Slave 1 seals were intact and rang up at 50%. Too bad I missed the Burrows though, was hoping for that.

intromission
Knight
Knight

Post by intromission » Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:08 pm

I just got back from the Salem NH Walmart looking to see if Hagrid's Hut had been added to the clearance. Nope. What they did have was like 30 Slave 1's and these are $39 even in no tax NH.

I can go pick one up for anyone who's interested in a trade for Hogwart's Express (if anyone has an extra of those.)

vatech2000
I'm New !

Post by vatech2000 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:23 pm

Can someone please explain to me how to use this javascript that is mentioned on how to find the Slave I? How do I view the javascript? I have firefox with java enabled but as far as creating a bookmark or loading it into a Walmart page, I am clueless. I don't know how to save that java link that is mentioned as a bookmark to load into a webpage. I have spent over an hour trying to figure this out. I guess I don't know anything about javascript Thanks in advance.

turtle1173
Knight
Knight

Post by turtle1173 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:13 pm

We took a road trip to St. Louis for a couple days. I probably hit 10 walmart stores in total. Half probably had nothing, the other half was mixed. Picked up some SW advents, HP burrows, a couple scorpian pyramids, couple fire temple's, a few slave I's and a lone Alien Conquest HQ. I love the hunt and sure enjoyed finding some outstanding bargains.

scatmanjack
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by scatmanjack » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:30 pm

I picked up 3 of the XXL 1600 Piece 'Black Friday' Boxes for $15 a piece this afternoon. Looks like they were on layaway and were being restocked when someone didn't pay them off... At that price I couldn't resist...

starfire2
Knight
Knight

Post by starfire2 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:21 pm

That is quite a deal. I thougt $30 for the xxl boxes was a great deal but $15 WOW!

evo8hks
Knight
Knight

Post by evo8hks » Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:28 pm

scatmanjack wrote:I picked up 3 of the XXL 1600 Piece 'Black Friday' Boxes for $15 a piece this afternoon. Looks like they were on layaway and were being restocked when someone didn't pay them off... At that price I couldn't resist...
$15 is a steal of a deal. I sold 3 of the 5512 LEGO XXL Boxes on bricklink for $60 almost as soon I listed them.

cowbug
Knight
Knight

Post by cowbug » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:09 am

I got a couple slave 1 sets, one for me and one for my son, and a Mace Windu in Natomas,CA. No luck on the SW advent calendar though. It sounds pretty hit or miss based on the posts. If any one in the Sacramento area knows of a store that has the advent calendar, please let me know, I'd appreciate it.

NiceMarmot
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by NiceMarmot » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:40 am

If anyone has seen any Black Pearls on sale in the greater San Jose area, let me know. Checked Mt View and didn't see any. Would also be interested in any Kingdoms stuff, Slave I, or Scorpion Pyramid.

HBCoffin
I'm New !

Post by HBCoffin » Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:07 am

vatech2000 wrote:Can someone please explain to me how to use this javascript that is mentioned on how to find the Slave I? How do I view the javascript? I have firefox with java enabled but as far as creating a bookmark or loading it into a Walmart page, I am clueless. I don't know how to save that java link that is mentioned as a bookmark to load into a webpage. I have spent over an hour trying to figure this out. I guess I don't know anything about javascript Thanks in advance.
In Firefox, right click your bookmark toolbar and click "New Bookmark..." Copy and paste the following javascript URL into "Location:"

Now while on the Walmart.com homepage (you have to have a Walmart URL open in order for the javascript to work properly), click on the bookmark you made in order for the availability chart to show up-from there you can edit your location accordingly. Hope this helps.

ritzcrackerman
Peasant
Peasant

Post by ritzcrackerman » Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:46 am

Thank you, wonderful forum members for the head's up on this great clearance!

I had a few sets on my wish-list I was able to grab this evening (at like, 1 AM) at the Cornelius Walmart (OR).

Scorpion Pyramid
Big Bentley Bust Out
Spy Jet Escape
Mace's ship
Admiral Palpatine's shuttle
A few Ninjago spinners (Sensei Wu, and one other)

I had the Ninjago skull truck in my cart for a bit, but put it back on the shelf - same with the Police Chase, and the SW advent calendars. I decided they really weren't something I wanted, and I couldn't justify buying them just for the sake of having them.

I love the Pharaoh's Quest theme, but was never a big fan of the Rise of the Sphinx set, so I passed on that as well. There were some Rock Raiders there, but everything else looked pretty cleaned out.

I was lucky I went when I did - 10 minutes after I arrived, another AFOL/reseller showed up, and cleaned the place out! He walked out with the 15 or so SW advent calendars they had, and the last of the Scorpion Pyramid.

I wish I could have picked up a Slave 1 - if anyone in the area has an extra, I have some things I could trade...

mterr1
I'm New !

Post by mterr1 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:50 am

HBCoffin wrote:For those of you looking for a Slave I, but don't want to drive around hoping for the best... I'm sure most of you have seen that the Slave I has been removed from the Walmart online database (if you attempt to use their search engine). I did the following search via Google, "walmart slave I," and came across the expired product page, got the item number, bookmarked the javascript "see store availability" hyperlink from another item and replaced the item number with that of the Slave I.

Create a bookmark for the following URL:

Go to Walmart.com, then load the bookmark you created to search local retailers for availability. Though, I noticed sometimes certain locations don't report stock on particular items. I picked up a Slave I from one location that was marked as having "Limited Stock," and I'm pretty sure I got the last one, however, I found another one at a location that wasn't even listed as a carrier in the same general area, so if they're all out of stock at the listed retailers, maybe try hitting up an unlisted retailer.

Saw at least 20 Black Pearls between two locations at 50% off. I already picked up Queen Anne's Revenge during the Black Friday sale at Barnes & Noble, so I was a bit hesitant to pick up another ship, but I might go back sometime later this week. It's hard to resist those mini-figures.

Also picked up a Burrow, Dobby's Release, and a Mandalorian battle pack. Searched and saw a Mill Village Raid in stock at one location in the area, but it's marked off as having "Limited Stock," so there's probably only one left, but I searched the entire toy section through packed shelves, behind every box of LEGOs, through the entire clearance section with no luck. Thinking someone might have picked it up and left it somewhere throughout the store... might go back in a couple of days in hopes a worker helps it find its way back to its designated shelf.

I saw like 20 Black Pearls at one location but didn't think to scan them as I didn't think they were included in the half off sale. To confirm these were 50% off at Walmart?