[USA] Barnes & Noble: 40% off

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
pokerfool
I'm New !

[USA] Barnes & Noble: 40% off

Post by pokerfool » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:27 pm

You can get a Barnes & Noble 40% off coupon on any one Gift item (which includes legos) that is good until 12/24/11.

http://i39.tinypic.com/10gmlg4.jpg

This also stacks with your B&N membership, so you can get a total of 46% off!

I picked up a Sith Infiltrator yesterday, and a ninjago Fire Temple today. Great Deal!

sadowsk1
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: [USA] Barnes & Noble: 40% off

Post by sadowsk1 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:38 pm

pokerfool wrote:You can get a Barnes & Noble 40% off coupon on any one Gift item (which includes legos) that is good until 12/24/11.

http://i39.tinypic.com/10gmlg4.jpg

This also stacks with your B&N membership, so you can get a total of 46% off!

I picked up a Sith Infiltrator yesterday, and a ninjago Fire Temple today. Great Deal!
What part of the store is the 'gift store area'?

pokerfool
I'm New !

Post by pokerfool » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:33 pm

I think it can be pretty much anything, since anything can be a gift.

If you go to B&N website, and click on gifts, it pretty much lists all the categories.

I've used 3 of these coupons already. 2 on Legos, and 1 on a Leapster thing.

sadowsk1
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by sadowsk1 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:11 pm

Success! Scored a chewbacca footzeez doll and boba fett watch since I haven't seen it before. Thanks!

BuzzMonkey
Peasant
Peasant

Post by BuzzMonkey » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:07 pm

This...coupon...is...AWESOME!!!

I just got back from B&N and saved a ton of money. They don't mark up their prices like TrU (from what I can tell) and they had a ton to choose from. Anything goes other than books and movies from what I could tell. I bought Lego Star Wars Wampa Cave, a Leapfrog Tag book, a board game and some Lego walkie-talkies. Everything 40% off! You have to ask them to process separate transactions, but it's worth the wait.

They had the Republic Frigate at $119, so with 40% off it would come to $71 and change. Nice deal.

Thank you pokerfool!

natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by natelite » Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:01 pm

i would recommend you save your money for the clearance. LSH should have some excellent sales. we'll also see more stuff from target. these sales will tko those we saw on black friday.

HBCoffin
I'm New !

Post by HBCoffin » Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:58 pm

Got the Sith Infiltrator today for $45.00 (tax included), saved $30.00 (retail $75.00 w/tax).

sadowsk1
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by sadowsk1 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:05 pm

natelite wrote:i would recommend you save your money for the clearance. LSH should have some excellent sales. we'll also see more stuff from target. these sales will tko those we saw on black friday.
I'll be optimistic of the after Christmas sales but I think it's best to buy now and return later at the risk of being let down by speculated deals.

brixter
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by brixter » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:32 pm

I was NOT able to use the 40% off coupon in NYC. Instead, they pointed me to a lovely collection of blank journals and Xmas paraphenalia. Those are the items that make up their "Gift" department. Legos are considered part of their "education & toy" department.

Most cashiers were on to this coupon, but the customer service people were clueless. Those that have used this coupon, consider yourselves lucky. B&N corporate HQ might lock down on this one soon.

My jaw dropped at all of the Lego they had piled up all over the place - including 10 NXT sets!!

earl9371
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by earl9371 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:43 pm

Anyone get the 40% off to stack w/ the 10% off member discount? I got this last time but the clerk didn't do it today when I used this coupon.

BuzzMonkey
Peasant
Peasant

Post by BuzzMonkey » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:18 pm

brixter wrote:I was NOT able to use the 40% off coupon in NYC. Instead, they pointed me to a lovely collection of blank journals and Xmas paraphenalia. Those are the items that make up their "Gift" department. Legos are considered part of their "education & toy" department.

Most cashiers were on to this coupon, but the customer service people were clueless. Those that have used this coupon, consider yourselves lucky. B&N corporate HQ might lock down on this one soon.

My jaw dropped at all of the Lego they had piled up all over the place - including 10 NXT sets!!
Which store did you go to? I was at 3rd and 54th (Citigroup Center) and nobody questioned it.

cbaker1974
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by cbaker1974 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:25 pm

earl9371 wrote:Anyone get the 40% off to stack w/ the 10% off member discount? I got this last time but the clerk didn't do it today when I used this coupon.
I've been able to use it 3 times in the past couple of days and had no issues stacking with the member discount. My preferred sequence is:
1) Give item to the clerk
2) Give Rewards card to the clerk and have them scan / swipe it
3) Give coupon to clerk so they can do the manual entry

This seems to be the path of least resistance and also was what I used back before Black Friday with the same coupon.

I'm sure the sales on the 26th will be good, but with this coupon + membership you can get sets for 45% of MSRP and have your choice rather than fight through "scraps" on the 26th.

littletoki
Peasant
Peasant

Post by littletoki » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:06 pm

$64.77 for Queen Anne's Revenge!! Woooohoo. I've been waiting to get this ship for a while now hoping to get one of these awesome B&N discounts.

And yes, my membership 10% discount stacked.

Thanks Pokerfool! :D

BrickFan1982
Citizen
Citizen

Post by BrickFan1982 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:30 pm

@littletoki That is AWESOME!!!! I'ma try that tomorrow!!!!

littletoki
Peasant
Peasant

Post by littletoki » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:36 pm

elfabulosomicho wrote:@littletoki That is AWESOME!!!! I'ma try that tomorrow!!!!
If you don't see what you want on the floor, ask if they have any new shipments in the back.

My local B&N had a picked over Pirates display so I asked them if they had QAR or Black Pearl... and she brought one from the back. :clap:

brixter
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by brixter » Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:30 am

BuzzMonkey wrote:
Which store did you go to? I was at 3rd and 54th (Citigroup Center) and nobody questioned it.
I was wondering what store you went to. I was thinking I needed to head out to NJ. I was at the Union Square store. I will swing by CitiCenter later ;-)

BuzzMonkey
Peasant
Peasant

Post by BuzzMonkey » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:20 am

brixter wrote:
BuzzMonkey wrote:
I was wondering what store you went to. I was thinking I needed to head out to NJ. I was at the Union Square store. I will swing by CitiCenter later ;-)
Let us know how you make out. Good luck.

sadowsk1
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by sadowsk1 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:29 am

brixter wrote:I was NOT able to use the 40% off coupon in NYC. Instead, they pointed me to a lovely collection of blank journals and Xmas paraphenalia. Those are the items that make up their "Gift" department. Legos are considered part of their "education & toy" department.

I was pointed in the same direction at my store by the customer service desk. I opted to take the Lego watch and wookiee to the desk and see what would happen and when the cashier tried the coupon the discount went through fine.

native1
Peasant
Peasant

Post by native1 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:59 am

Has this coupon been deleted from tinypic? I am unable to download from the link posted by pokerfool.
Any help would be appreciated.

pokerfool
I'm New !

Post by pokerfool » Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:23 am

Link still works for me.

But the coupon is also listed on retailmenot.com.

Link from that sites coupon is here:

http://www.bestfreestuffguide.com/File:BN40.PNG

BTW, my wife was in B&N yesterday, and they happened to have 1 Leapster Leapad sitting on the shelf. This toy has been sold out everywhere for the last couple weeks (online and in stores), and she grabbed it up and used the 40% coupon on it. Nice score :)