[US/CA] Lego Black Friday Deals 2011

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
that guy
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Re: [US/CA] Lego Black Friday Deals 2011

Post by that guy » Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:49 pm

eliminator wrote:
I guess S@H wont be doing any more deals like this since it seems to have cause so many problems and unhappy customers.
No that's just silly thinking. They know people get screwed all the time either in cancelled items, CC issues, or pricing adjustments; and while they may make tweaks to the system as time goes on (as they should), they will continue to offer deals and watch the wolves come to the lambs every time because they know they can. I'll speak for myself and say that while I have had my share of problems with their orders, I also run into more problems simply because of the sheer volume of sets and dollar amounts I deal in. I just expect it, and life goes on. That however doesn't stop me from hoping/wishing about the system improving.

drtabo
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by drtabo » Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:41 pm

Mine still hasn't shipped.. :(

evo8hks
Knight
Knight

Post by evo8hks » Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:02 pm

Wonderful update time. I talked to "Marie" this time and she said my 2 emerald nights are not happening. But the good news is, I'm getting holiday scene part 2, lego logo magnet, and the free ARF Shadow Trooper for a whopping $1.92.

toystest
Knight
Knight

Post by toystest » Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:41 pm

evo8hks wrote:Wonderful update time. I talked to "Marie" this time and she said my 2 emerald nights are not happening. But the good news is, I'm getting holiday scene part 2, lego logo magnet, and the free ARF Shadow Trooper for a whopping $1.92.
The evil part of me is now thinking...maybe we should start placing 5 or so of these orders when the item is 'on backorder' just to get the free sets. If enough people do that Lego will have to fix theie POS to prevent issues like this. The system seems to be heavily outdated and really needs to be replaced. They redid the front end of the website, but it's the POS that really needs updating

hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Post by hatcher » Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:05 pm

The thing that upsets me is, I only had enough budget for one set. It was down to a choice of the Tantive IV and the Imperial Flagship. I decided I wanted the Flagship more, and ordered it in good faith. Now, I'm not getting either. I can't prove it obviously, but I'll bet there are people who ordered the Flagship after I did who are getting them. It just annoys me.
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

eliminator
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by eliminator » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:28 pm

hatcher wrote:The thing that upsets me is, I only had enough budget for one set. It was down to a choice of the Tantive IV and the Imperial Flagship. I decided I wanted the Flagship more, and ordered it in good faith. Now, I'm not getting either. I can't prove it obviously, but I'll bet there are people who ordered the Flagship after I did who are getting them. It just annoys me.
That was my fear too. Unfortunately, Lego S@H could have planned better for the BF sale. In this day and age, you'd think they would have the whole buying things online sorted out.

evo8hks
Knight
Knight

Post by evo8hks » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:32 pm

hatcher wrote:The thing that upsets me is, I only had enough budget for one set. It was down to a choice of the Tantive IV and the Imperial Flagship. I decided I wanted the Flagship more, and ordered it in good faith. Now, I'm not getting either. I can't prove it obviously, but I'll bet there are people who ordered the Flagship after I did who are getting them. It just annoys me.
I feel the same way. I guarantee someone ordered emerald nights after me and are still getting theirs.
Last edited by evo8hks on Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

locutis
Citizen
Citizen

Post by locutis » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:21 pm

I ordered the IFS, Public Transportation Station, and the POC Battle Pack at 12:10 AM Central Time (which is 1:10 AM Eastern Time) on Nov 25. My order showed "In Process" until it shipped at 11:57 PM on November 26.

My order # is Y160644xxx

What time did you order yours?

Locutis
All your Lego will be assimilated with mine. Resistance is futile.

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:29 pm

evo8hks wrote:Wonderful update time. I talked to "Marie" this time and she said my 2 emerald nights are not happening. But the good news is, I'm getting holiday scene part 2, lego logo magnet, and the free ARF Shadow Trooper for a whopping $1.92.
Sorry to hear that. Didn't you say that LEGO told you earlier that your emerald nights were not cancelled but was on backorder? I guess maybe different reps have different ideas? :crazy:
evo8hks wrote:After 30 minutes on hold, the guy inform me that my order has not been cancel, but is on back order. His name was Alex and I'm pretty sure he was stoned.
But yes, the good news is that you end up getting all those stuff for $1.92 with free shipping! Very good deal as the ARF trooper goes for $20+ and that holiday set retails at $10. You can't even get a series minifigure at that price!

harry99
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by harry99 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:49 am

Looks like their 25% off sale is over for good now...
Visit my BrickLink store - 10% off if you mention that you're a ToysNBricks member. http://www.BrickAssortments.com

mah4546
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by mah4546 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:33 pm

My order for 10198 and 10210 that I placed just after the sale started finally shipped out this morning after being "in process" for a week.

hassmyster
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by hassmyster » Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:02 pm

Hey Guys I am having similar problems, I placed 3 different orders, 2 on Nov 25th and 1 on Nov 28th. All death stars. I have only had one ship so far and waiting for the others. This is really frustrating and annoying. I finally got an email today saying that they are sorry for the long wait and hopefully it will be sent out soon. Go figure...

BuzzMonkey
Peasant
Peasant

Post by BuzzMonkey » Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:28 pm

hassmyster wrote:Hey Guys I am having similar problems, I placed 3 different orders, 2 on Nov 25th and 1 on Nov 28th. All death stars. I have only had one ship so far and waiting for the others. This is really frustrating and annoying. I finally got an email today saying that they are sorry for the long wait and hopefully it will be sent out soon. Go figure...
I ordered 2 death stars on 11/28. Didn't hear anything for a couple of days. Checked my order status and it was "Customer Service" and within the details of my order, the sets were now showing as back ordered. Mind you they were clearly noted as in stock when I purchased. I called yesterday and they said it was customary to hold some big orders this time of year for review but rest assure that my 2 sets were on hold for me and the order would be released in 24hrs. I got this email today:
Dear LEGO® Customer,

Thank you for your recent Shop At Home order.

Please accept our apologies for the delay in receiving your order confirmation and be assured that your order will be processed as soon as possible. We are experiencing high volumes during this busy holiday season and hope you understand. You are a valued consumer and we appreciate your patience.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and hope to provide you with your order confirmation very soon!

Sincerely,

Your LEGO Customer Service Team
My order wasn't released so I called again today. This time I got a really nice representative that confirmed my sets were NOT available anymore and won't be shipped until 12/22 (estimated). Not cool.

She was really nice and wanted to be helpful, but couldn't do much. I did ask if she would expedite the shipping at no charge to hopefully have them in time for Christmas and she said yes. So, if things work out, they are supposed to ship on 12/22 and I will have them on 12/23. Not confident though.

popnfresh
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by popnfresh » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:47 pm

I received my black friday orders today and everything was correct/discounts/bonus sets. Kudos to lego for fixing everything without any intervention from me.

harry99
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by harry99 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:04 am

I think it's funny how the AT-AT walker is back in stock now... right after the sale. S@H reminds strongly of TRU...
Visit my BrickLink store - 10% off if you mention that you're a ToysNBricks member. http://www.BrickAssortments.com

toystest
Knight
Knight

Post by toystest » Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:29 am

harry99 wrote:I think it's funny how the AT-AT walker is back in stock now... right after the sale. S@H reminds strongly of TRU...
If your order was canceled you may give them a call and see if they want to re-enter the order at the sale price as your ordered it at that time for that price. might be worth at least a shot.

mah4546
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by mah4546 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:44 pm

harry99 wrote:I think it's funny how the AT-AT walker is back in stock now... right after the sale. S@H reminds strongly of TRU...
Except if you had a cancelled order, S@H will honor the old price. Call them.

harry99
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by harry99 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:36 pm

mah4546 wrote:
Except if you had a cancelled order, S@H will honor the old price. Call them.
The problem is that some were not even able to place an order - do they still honour that price if you refer to it?
Last edited by harry99 on Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

chenwaa123
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by chenwaa123 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:25 pm

Got my 2 Emeralds yesterday + xmas bonus. Sorry to hear about those that had orders cancelled.