[USA] Special Invitation for VIP Members to shop before Black/Brick Friday

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
autobrick
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: [USA] Special Invitation for VIP Members to shop before

Post by autobrick » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:49 pm

atmail35 wrote:
Ice wrote:
Q: What type of specials are the LBR Stores offering for "Brick Friday?"
A:
  • 10% off of all purchases over $149.
  • Pull Cards (scratch cards) for all guests, increments of 10%, 25% & 50% off entire purchase.
I'm thinking that the 10% off all purchases over $149 is for on-line? Since they don't do the scratch card on-line, perhaps that is what they are offering on-line to VIPs?
That is what I was thinking. Ice, can you get your Lego rep to confirm whether the two deals stack? The way that the Lego rep wrote it, I can see it going either way.

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:15 am

Hi autobrick, Kevin just replied back to me this morning with the following answer.
Discounts cannot be combined, we’ll use the highest discount available. If the customer spends $150 and gets a 25% off scratch card, then they will get 25% off the purchase total.

bulwark
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by bulwark » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:10 am

I snagged one of the invites to the Lego store at sherway in Ontario. I was just wondering if after you reveal your savings on the scratch card, will they let you add/remove stuff from order? ie, I find out I got 25% off, so I decide to pick up something else or I find out I only got 10% off and decide to drop something.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:16 am

I would think you're not required to buy anything you don't feel like buying - it would be tantamount to extortion if they forced you to buy everything you were carrying (I'm sorry sir, you have touched this box and therefore you must purchase it), and it would be silly for them not to sell you more stuff if you wanted to add more to your purchase (even if it's a good discount, you're still buying more stuff as opposed to paying less money).
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

bulwark
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by bulwark » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:16 am

vynsane wrote:I would think you're not required to buy anything you don't feel like buying - it would be tantamount to extortion if they forced you to buy everything you were carrying (I'm sorry sir, you have touched this box and therefore you must purchase it), and it would be silly for them not to sell you more stuff if you wanted to add more to your purchase (even if it's a good discount, you're still buying more stuff as opposed to paying less money).
when you put it that way, it makes my question seem rather silly :lol: but thanks for clarifying that for me.

fai
Citizen
Citizen

Post by fai » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:19 am

Anyone who live in Miami, Fl and interested in joining this event.
I can offer one person as my guest. Please PM me.

unclephn
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by unclephn » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:21 am

bulwark wrote:I snagged one of the invites to the Lego store at sherway in Ontario. I was just wondering if after you reveal your savings on the scratch card, will they let you add/remove stuff from order? ie, I find out I got 25% off, so I decide to pick up something else or I find out I only got 10% off and decide to drop something.
I was wondering if 'Brick Friday' was gonna be held in Canadian stores, since Black Friday is typically an American thing. I'm not too upset about not receiving an invite though, since I'll be in the US anyway lol

bulwark
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by bulwark » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:49 am

unclephn wrote:
bulwark wrote:I snagged one of the invites to the Lego store at sherway in Ontario. I was just wondering if after you reveal your savings on the scratch card, will they let you add/remove stuff from order? ie, I find out I got 25% off, so I decide to pick up something else or I find out I only got 10% off and decide to drop something.
I was wondering if 'Brick Friday' was gonna be held in Canadian stores, since Black Friday is typically an American thing. I'm not too upset about not receiving an invite though, since I'll be in the US anyway lol
Yeah I thought it was a US only thing when I originally saw this thread before I received the invite, so I was surprised when I got mine yesterday.

You'll probably get better deals down there anyways just because of the difference in US vs Canadian pricing and then add to that the crazy sales they have.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:06 pm

I think this is a reasonable question. I asked last year before entering the checkout line if I could add on items depending on what % off I received. I was told that I could. I just brought up to the register the items that I wanted to buy with the 10% off and since that is what I got, I did not go back for more. I'd ask a Sales Associate the same question of picking up more items if you get 25% or 50% and see what they say. (And I try to keep a mental list of what I would grab at 50% off....not that it's happened :lol: )

that guy
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by that guy » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:45 pm

Last year they let you go back and get more if you got a good one, but I'm really hoping when we get there they just let everyone grab one from a bowl or box as they enter. That'd be super easy, everyone gets one, no chance of doubling up on anyone, and no hassles at the register that would slow down the already time sensitive event.

sidersdd
Knight
Knight

Post by sidersdd » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:48 pm

that guy wrote:
Last year they let you go back and get more if you got a good one, but I'm really hoping when we get there they just let everyone grab one from a bowl or box as they enter. That'd be super easy, everyone gets one, no chance of doubling up on anyone, and no hassles at the register that would slow down the already time sensitive event.
Exactly. I was hoping the same thing.

Gr1226
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Gr1226 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:25 pm

I hope I get a 50% off card... I would love to get the Death Star for $200 :-D

CrazyRus
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by CrazyRus » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:14 pm

Yes, after you get scratch off at the register you can go back and get more stuff if you get a good discount

vman100
Citizen
Citizen

Post by vman100 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:29 pm

Ice wrote:Hi autobrick, Kevin just replied back to me this morning with the following answer.
Discounts cannot be combined, we’ll use the highest discount available. If the customer spends $150 and gets a 25% off scratch card, then they will get 25% off the purchase total.
This seems a little underwhelming - why not make the 10% off for everyone rather than those spending $150? Everyone gets at least a 10% scratcher. Plus our catalog that came in the mail today had a 10% off in store coupon on the back good from now until Christmas. So BF just gives you a CHANCE at more than 10% and ability to get the second Christmas set?

Gr1226
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Gr1226 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:17 pm

Do the coupon and the scratcher stack?

vman100
Citizen
Citizen

Post by vman100 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:25 pm

Coupon says can't be combined with other offers. Sounds like nothing stacks, just hope for a scratcher of more than 10%...

natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by natelite » Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:39 am

the bf scratch card gives you 10% minimum with no required minimum purchase. the online version gives you flat 10% with $149 minimum purchase.

KyleJohnson11
Citizen
Citizen

Post by KyleJohnson11 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:52 am

Anybody going to the Tigard, OR store at Washington Square and looking for a plus one?

meyerc13
Knight
Knight

Post by meyerc13 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:34 pm

Received a postcard in the mail today for the online event from 11/25-28. The only thing new that I haven't seen mentioned is free shipping on $49 purchase.

As previously mentioned - free Holiday set with $99 purchase and 10% off with $149 purchase.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

If you are going, what are you buying?

Post by atmail35 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:08 pm

If you are attending this Saturday or even going on Black Friday, what are people buying?

I'm thinking of getting a few ornaments and a bigger set to qualify for the free Holiday set and ideally 2 PAB Boxes. Has anyone confirmed that they give you 1 box for EACH $75 spent? I won't really have time to do PAB Cups. It's hard since so many of the items can be bought elsewhere at a better discount, but I do want the Holiday Set #2 and the PAB Boxes are nice.

Now if I get 50% off, many more items would be temping!