[USA] Target LEGO Halloween 2011 Polybag Clearance

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
melsig
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: [USA] Target LEGO Halloween 2011 Polybag Clearance

Post by melsig » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:33 am

Edmond Dantes wrote:
melsig wrote:That's funny. I did a stock check and it says the Target I was at yesterday has these in stock. I didn't see them, though. Are you finding these in the seasonal section?
I didn't find any in the seasonal section, but there were still 100+ in the front checkout aisles at my local Target.
Thanks for the tip. I found a lone army men - and it was still listed at full price! Oh, well...

dtdemarcus
I'm New !

Post by dtdemarcus » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:07 pm

still 39 cents in Utah.. went today and got 20 sets for my kids bday grab bags!

Nannan
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Nannan » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:34 pm

Do the stores clear the polybags after Monday or is there still a chance of getting them before the weekend?

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:44 pm

As you may already know, Target has purchased Zellers. Now the question is, do you think Target Canada will have the same deals on polybags like Target USA?

melsig
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by melsig » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:42 pm

In a fit of optimism, I requested that my family let me stop by a Target a few towns over after we went out for dinner - and they had a bunch of SW and Ninjago polys at the registers (thank you again, kind sir, for the tip) that scanned in at $.39, although there was no clearance sign (which I presume is why they were still there - even the cashiers I asked to do the price scans were completely surprised when they rung up at 90% off). The green army men were still $3.99.

Also, the rest of the Halloween items were marked at only 70% off (which meant there were still a few desirable items lying around) but actually scanned at 90% off, so if you have a store where the discount only reached 70%, it may be worth double-checking the prices.

Heck, the store even had that Power Ranger Gold Samurai Morpher that my son has been begging for on clearance for $4.99.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:00 pm

I was happy to find the Ninjago, City Helicopter and Atlantis sets at two different stores today. I thought for sure they would be gone. I bought a bunch but still left a lot for others (make sure you check each register). I really think these are still available b/c they aren't with the clearance items (i.e. Halloween) and are not marked. I don't think they will last much longer though so get them while you can!

I plan to return the few that I bought at $1.19 :-D

anakinisvader
Knight
Knight

Post by anakinisvader » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:06 pm

I read somewhere that Target follows a 3-3-2 clearance schedule for holiday stuff. 3 days after holiday to 70 or 75%. 3 days after to 90%. Then 2 days later to salvage. That being said, the prices for the polybags may fall out of the system on Wednesday and ring up as "item not found" or "see associate" or something. Anyhoo, today may have been the last day of the awesome pricing. Lets cross our fingers and hope it keeps going for a bit longer.
Why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?

echobanzai
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by echobanzai » Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:14 am

i snagged about 14 white ninjas and found one stars wars poly for 42 cents with tax each! now i have an army of white ninjas! ha.

as for the day after clearance, yup, you gotta be careful. now i have found some AMAZING things that have dropped out of the system and they give it to you for 90% off.

how it works is, you gotta ask the front desk the price. they scan it. there is a chance they will end up with the full 'catalog' price.

so if you find something like 1 month after clearance, you either get it for 90% off OR you get it for full price.

they had these action figures last year i saw all thru the clearance. i came back 1 month later, and i was amazed to see 2 sitting there. i went up to the front, the price was 9.99 or something. when during clearance they were down to 2 bucks.

so the trick is to swoop in at 90% off, before they have to check prices, which could end up back full price.

dho7622u
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dho7622u » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:47 am

Nannan wrote:Do the stores clear the polybags after Monday or is there still a chance of getting them before the weekend?
I think the Halloween stuff will be out of stores at the end of the day today, so the polys will probably ring at normal starting tomorrow. But, one never knows w/Target....

UPDATE: Went to 2 stores before work- looks like all the halloween clearance in my area has been moved out for Christmas. No more clearance polybags at either of the stores...BUT they did have the Lab and Target Practice (both full price) in the christmas section.
Last edited by dho7622u on Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

brixter
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by brixter » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:39 am

Got there a day too late.  Scanned as "item not found".  The cashier said they are regular price.  At least I got some at 70% off over the weekend.

Nepenthe7
Knight
Knight

Post by Nepenthe7 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:00 am

Target in Rockaway, NJ is cleaned out. I checked all the registers, and did not find anymore poly bag. I bought 2 of the LEGO Target gift cards, but did not see anymore and the people I asked did not think they had anymore at the store... they were actually hanging on a gift card display near electronics.

hankdelsi
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by hankdelsi » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:34 am

deal dead in voorhees south jersey, salvaged and wouldn't sell them.

1brickshyofcrazy
Knight
Knight

Post by 1brickshyofcrazy » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:32 am

No dice - not one bag left to buy... :eek: oh well - move it along to the next deal... :-)
I'll check one more store, as I know or understand today is the last day supposedly...

legogod
Knight
Knight

Post by legogod » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:01 am

Yesterday was the last day here in CT. The workers had already pulled all polybags from the front of the store. There were only a few Toy Story jeeps left. Oh well- I did get some last weekend for 1.19 each. 39 cents just sounded too good to pass up.

Jared

1brickshyofcrazy
Knight
Knight

Post by 1brickshyofcrazy » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:10 am

If that's true then most likely it's ended here as well... :cry: :evil: :down:
Oh well on to the holiday clearance. :-D
legogod wrote:Yesterday was the last day here in CT. The workers had already pulled all polybags from the front of the store. There were only a few Toy Story jeeps left. Oh well- I did get some last weekend for 1.19 each. 39 cents just sounded too good to pass up.

Jared

melsig
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by melsig » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:09 pm

Well, I went back to my local Target AGAIN today - and found 3 Bullseye card sets in various gift card racks in the store, plus 2 Atlantis polys and 1 Ninjago poly (which I swear were not there yesterday). I decided to try my luck on the polys - and the manager sold them to me for $.20 each. :)

LegoFanTexas
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by LegoFanTexas » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:54 pm

They are all gone in the Dallas, TX area as well...

Picked up a ton of them over the past 2 days, went to 11 stores in total, 7 of the stores had them, the other 4 were cleaned out.

Now I have birthday goodie bags for my kids for the rest of their lives. :)

melsig
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by melsig » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:30 pm

I guess it depends where you go. I found another stray Ninjago glider at a different Target today. The cashier said "Well, I know these were selling for $.39 yesterday," and she rang it up for me at that amount, no questions.

hassmyster
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by hassmyster » Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:36 am

Hello the polybags are back in Target stores. I went by today and saw a whole bunch. The catch is well they are all at full price.... $3.99

hardtravelinghero
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by hardtravelinghero » Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:48 am

I went to several Targets in Northern Virginia and Central Pennsylvania this past week and they'd all been cleaned out whether by customers or the home office's decree. Don't they realize once word got out that we would flock to these stores and probably by almost every set at 39 cents?