Barnes & Nobles 40% off Toys Coupon (Instores)

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
slacker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: Barnes & Nobles 40% off Toys Coupon (Instores)

Post by slacker » Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:04 pm

Thank you for the coupon. Stacked with membership card. B&N by me had plenty of stuff. Picked up SW republic Frigate for $64.77 before tax. Also picked up HP train for $43.17.

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:31 am

ThunderFighter wrote:Thanks for heads up, got a Robie House for $108 after 10% member discount + 40% off coupon!
Hellz yea. I decided to drop by my local B&M and they had 1 left... so I had to buy it. It was hard because they had a few other decent sets to purchase, but how can you resist $80 off?

I noticed my store is re-arranging and have now built a new Lego display, with a Huge Minifig reading a B&N book on top, in addition to HP sets on a special table, Architecture on 2 different display areas. I didn't even look for a special Cars display come to think of it. They are def gettin a lot more, so I'm happy.
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:36 am

What is the "trick" to getting the 10% member discount to stack with these coupons? Why is it so inconsistent that some got it and some did not? Should the cashier scan the product first then the discount card or vice versa?

I gave them my card first, they scanned that then the product and it came up 10% off, then I presented the coupon and it wouldn't scan so the cashier had to type in the promo code and the 10% went away.

slacker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by slacker » Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:10 am

atmail35 wrote:What is the "trick" to getting the 10% member discount to stack with these coupons? Why is it so inconsistent that some got it and some did not? Should the cashier scan the product first then the discount card or vice versa?

I gave them my card first, they scanned that then the product and it came up 10% off, then I presented the coupon and it wouldn't scan so the cashier had to type in the promo code and the 10% went away.
I gave the coupon first and they knew off the bat to type it in. Then I gave my membership card.

DESERT BUILDER
I'm New !

Post by DESERT BUILDER » Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:21 am

It worked great for me. I got the King's Castle. Coupon and discount worked. The store did not have my item available so they placed the order for me and then took the coupon/membership for me. Oh baby.

liisadd56
I'm New !

Post by liisadd56 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:43 am

I went to my B & N and purchased the Lego City Police Station for $53 + tax. The coupon did stack with the member discount, making it 50% off! Awesome. Thanks so much for the info!

hassmyster
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by hassmyster » Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:57 am

Do you know if they are going to release another one of these coupons soon. Also where do you guys get these coupons from??

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:14 am

These Coupons are very random, and I only receive them through this website since I never get them to my email even though I'm registered in many different ways. I make a general rule that 30%+ is a good rule to pull the trigger when you see it. Only time you get better is clearance, some super-special sale, or the shenanigans I pull with TRU.

B&N is definitely the place to pick up the Architecture line if you're into it. Sales like these, or the Roulette one, and nabbing a line that I wouldn't have wanted to buy otherwise.
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:17 am

atmail35 wrote:What is the "trick" to getting the 10% member discount to stack with these coupons? Why is it so inconsistent that some got it and some did not? Should the cashier scan the product first then the discount card or vice versa?

I think you're B&N is just one that gives people a hard time. Have they ever told you you can't use one of the coupons you got on this website? (I've never been stopped in store at multiple locations).

I always give them the coupon first, then they ask me for a B&N membership after, to which I give them a card with my number written on it. Wham-Bam, extra 10% off man.