[US] Toys R Us BOGO50 Sale, Sep 9-10

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
wkunert
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: [US] Toys R Us BOGO50 Sale, Sep 9-10

Post by wkunert » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:02 pm

I got 10 Series 5 minifigs in store today with the BOGO for about 26.xx total plus tax. I flunked the math in my head, but somehow I still got the Harry Potter polybag for free! (Supposed to be $30 minimum purchase)

adol7
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by adol7 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:17 pm

Edmond Dantes wrote:
adol7 wrote:the exact four I wanted too :(
These are all available online.
Thanks for the heads up. 3 of the 4 now anyway. Winter Bakery's still missing in action. :(

hankdelsi
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by hankdelsi » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:26 pm

the sign in my store said take either buy 1 get 1 50% off OR $10/25/40 off. couldn't combine in my store today.

UnknownUser
Knight
Knight

Post by UnknownUser » Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:51 pm

ncbarrett wrote:according to facebook, this sale runs until the 17th, however it will exclude Star Wars sets, so get them today or tomorrow.
Oh god....with the annual B2G1F sale coming up fast I don't know if I should take advantage of this sale or not...

natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by natelite » Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:28 am

Tru has been very aggressive with sales this year. This can mean only two things both of which will only help the consumer's case. One - the economy has been very lethargic and tru is trying to secure most of the holiday spending money by moving stocks earlier than other retailers. While the state of the economy isn't good, I didn't see the other retailers aggressively matching tru's strategy. This led me to the second reason. Two - it is trying to secure a strong sale and profit number in anticipation of an ipo later this year or the next. If that's the case, I would expect even stronger deals during BF and Bricktober month. Oh, and during the mascot's b'day.

My advise? If your set is available buy it. If you already have it don't buy seconds or sets you weren't planning on getting. Because of the repeats, you won't be able to offload any extra sets you bought. Plus you leave the chance to buy at further discount later on.

turtle1173
Knight
Knight

Post by turtle1173 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:15 pm

Tip: Pay close attention to the marked prices. TRU has to sell it for the marked price.

I really got a great deal today. TS western train chase. TRU price $84.99. They had a price tag under the set that even said "TS train chase" for $36.99. I went to the check out, they rang them up, and I pointed out the marked price. Needless to say, I got 2 sets for a total of $59 with the BOGO sale.

On a lesser scale this happened last week also, as the SW advent was marked at $39.99 but rang up at $49.99. I got the lower price and an additional $10 item to take advantage of the $10 off of $50 sale.

lordopus99
Peasant
Peasant

Post by lordopus99 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:21 pm

natelite wrote:Tru has been very aggressive with sales this year. This can mean only two things both of which will only help the consumer's case.
It is number 3. TRU Tax.

Went back today to get money back for Series 5 figures I bought previously i.e. this sale. I noticed they added TRU Tax (50 cents/figure) since I bought them last so my money back wasn't as much as it could have been.