[USA] Amazon.com LEGO Star Wars Death Star - $333.49

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
1brickshyofcrazy
Knight
Knight

Re: [USA] Amazon.com LEGO Star Wars Death Star - $333.49

Post by 1brickshyofcrazy » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:13 am

Sounds like a lot of wasted time and effort to buy and deal with the possibility that this seller may or may not be a legit seller...

Not easy to turn down a good deal that could be a scam or not is it? :D :mrgreen:

seabiscuit
I'm New !

Post by seabiscuit » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:02 am

This is how the seller updated DS and MF on Amazon.
All in Singapore date/time
26 Aug/10.33pm, the seller's DS10188 OOS, MF7965-4 units left in stock
26 Aug/11.06pm, both DS10188 and MF7965 OOS.
27 Aug/01.34am, both DS and MF appeared on sale again on seller Amazon site.
Let's wait for the seller to update the unit left in stock later.

pterribilis
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by pterribilis » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:17 pm

This is from the seller when I mentioned that I would have the item's authenticity verified by Lego:
"Hello. I wouldn't blame you. I do the same thing. Lol. At least I know I'm not the only one. Lol. Just if you can after you check out with lego if there real, when you get home from finding out the are real just write me feedback on the purchase. I would greatly appreciate it cause I like to know how my supervisors in our Customer Department that takes the orders and the shipping department that packs then sets up for shipment are doing. I handle all the emails. I'm actually on eBay. I have been on eBay for about 7 almost 8 years. I always backed away from Amazon cause they are rediculous with there profits. It's close to 20% or something close to that. EBay is nothing even close to that. With all the decline in sales the past recent years we decided we had to go on amazon to make up for what we made in the early 2000's. It's a big lose in money but you gotta provide for the family. Ain't that the truth. Well thanks for the questions. I am happy to answer anything else if I can . I'm only at the store once a week at the beginning of the week so if its something i don't know of hand I will get back to you as soon as I get in there to go over the weeks earning and stock watch. Thanks again and I guarantee you will not be disappointed and can't wait till you order from us next time you need a lego set. Thanks again"

CrazyRus
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by CrazyRus » Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:22 pm

LOL, this is bad, somebody didn't graduate from middle school :)

Turd
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Turd » Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:06 pm

Close of business

Sounds like they are fake items. Unless someone bought them ages ago even still it's below RRP and they have hundres of them? Get real!

Someone do a review if you do get it.

SpaceViking
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by SpaceViking » Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:16 pm

seabiscuit wrote:I wonder how many sellers here can afford to have such a big quantity of 10188 for sale.
This is pure speculation, but based on the pattern that seabiscuit posted above and the quoted comment, I tempted to think that this seller is a credit-card fraud drop-shipper. The scam is this: post items for sale on-line that are currently in production; after a 'sale' use a stolen credit card to order the item directly from LEGO (sometimes even using 2nd day shipping); customer is happy (great service, fast shipping), but LEGO loses money to fraud. For the buyer, the consequence that I've seen is that LEGO S@H will put the delivery address on a stop list, and will not ship to that address again in the future. Its a pain to clear the record, too.

Hopefully, my speculation is wrong, and this is legit. Just in case, I recommend that anyone who bought this set from this seller check carefully to see if it came directly from LEGO S@H. If it includes the standard LEGO packing list sheet, and/or promo materials from LEGO, call LEGO S@H right away to report suspected fraud. They will ask for the product back, but will likely cover the shipping cost (IIRC).

Turd
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Turd » Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:55 pm

As of now. He has more stock!

You've requested more of LEGO Star Wars Death Star (10188), than the 26 available from the seller you've selected

brickz
Knight
Knight

Post by brickz » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:02 pm

He also has Republic Dropship for $175 and Hogwarts Castle for $100. Other than these sets, the other retired Lego stuff he has are priced accordingly. It could be legit but who knows.

pterribilis
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by pterribilis » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:16 pm

Lego didn't offer any help when i asked for it and same with Amazon, they said they would keep me informed on anything suspicious that they find. Anyone buy from this guy?

il padrino
I'm New !

Post by il padrino » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:25 pm

Turd wrote:As of now. He has more stock!

You've requested more of LEGO Star Wars Death Star (10188), than the 26 available from the seller you've selected
I looked earlier this afternoon and they weren't listed and now they are back on there. Hmmmm. :?:

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:28 pm

If you do infact get fake items and the seller doesn't offer refund/replacement, you can file a Amazon A-to-z guarantee claim.
Buyers who pay for Amazon Marketplace or Merchant purchases via the Amazon.com website and buyers who use Amazon Payments for qualified purchases from a third party website are eligible to receive up to $2,500 of the purchase price, including shipping charges.

pterribilis
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by pterribilis » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:17 pm

planned on it. I don't roll over and play dead.

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:51 pm

SH1 wrote:
seabiscuit wrote:I wonder how many sellers here can afford to have such a big quantity of 10188 for sale.
This is pure speculation, but based on the pattern that seabiscuit posted above and the quoted comment, I tempted to think that this seller is a credit-card fraud drop-shipper. The scam is this: post items for sale on-line that are currently in production; after a 'sale' use a stolen credit card to order the item directly from LEGO (sometimes even using 2nd day shipping); customer is happy (great service, fast shipping), but LEGO loses money to fraud. For the buyer, the consequence that I've seen is that LEGO S@H will put the delivery address on a stop list, and will not ship to that address again in the future. Its a pain to clear the record, too.

Hopefully, my speculation is wrong, and this is legit. Just in case, I recommend that anyone who bought this set from this seller check carefully to see if it came directly from LEGO S@H. If it includes the standard LEGO packing list sheet, and/or promo materials from LEGO, call LEGO S@H right away to report suspected fraud. They will ask for the product back, but will likely cover the shipping cost (IIRC).
I was already extremely suspicious that what you detailed was probably happening. (If a deal is too good to be true it probably is.... how many 'second hand' resellers do you know that are able to get the price and quanitity this guy is offering?

After reading that terrible hack that passed for a 'Customer Service' email, it made me even more suspicious. In that terrible email he talks about how Amazon takes a huge cut of the profit but still decided to sell with them increase his profit... Come on. I know a few people who have reseller licenses from Lego and even THEY don't get a good enough price to be able to offer sets at this much of a discount.

Also: Typical fraudster type response... "Relate to your victim and empathize with them" making you feel more likely to trust them "Oh, this is just another Lego AFOL who just happens to get a great deal!". "I guarentee you will be satisified.." Of course he's not worried about authenticity... if the sale is legit, he will just process it like seabiscuit said, so you get an authentic Lego product, just with your CC# being sold to the highest bidder. Oh, and most likely a lot of other personal information to make it even easier to committ more fraud. I work in the Banking Industry and I see scams JUST like this all the time.

Lego, Amazon, or Ebay won't be able to help you... the item you ordered, you received, so as far as they are concerned, the transaction went through as agreed... it's Visa or Mastercard (or your Financial Institiution) that you're going to have to deal with once the other 'random' charges start poppin up.
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

seabiscuit
I'm New !

Post by seabiscuit » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:01 pm

seabiscuit wrote:This is how the seller updated DS and MF on Amazon.
27 Aug/11.34am , DS in stock, did not indicate units left. MF 13 units left.

I emailed the seller what is their shop address after placing orders bcos i want to visit their shop to buy
more items directly from them but till now still no reply yet.

SpaceViking
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by SpaceViking » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:47 pm

Luciant wrote: about authenticity... if the sale is legit, he will just process it like seabiscuit said, so you get an authentic Lego product, just with your CC# being sold to the highest bidder. Oh, and most likely a lot of other personal information to make it even easier to commit more fraud. I work in the Banking Industry and I see scams JUST like this all the time.

Lego, Amazon, or Ebay won't be able to help you... the item you ordered, you received, so as far as they are concerned, the transaction went through as agreed... it's Visa or Mastercard (or your Financial Institiution) that you're going to have to deal with once the other 'random' charges start poppin up.
I'm not sure I agree that what you describe above is a big risk here. I sold a few things on Amazon last year, and I never had access to the buyers CC# The payment is filtered through Amazon...they bill the CC, and pass the payment on to the seller at a later date.

In the scam I described, the sellers already have stolen CC numbers and are looking for a way to convert these into cash. The risk here is being stop-listed by LEGO S@H---and only finding out after the next clearance sale order is canceled.

seabiscuit
I'm New !

Post by seabiscuit » Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:19 am

seabiscuit wrote:
27 Aug/08.12pm, DS in stock, MF OOS.

seabiscuit
I'm New !

Post by seabiscuit » Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:07 pm

seabiscuit wrote:
seabiscuit wrote:
27 Aug/08.12pm, DS in stock, MF OOS.
28 Aug/01.00pm, DS 16 units left in stock, MF OOS.

zeelich
I'm New !

Post by zeelich » Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:38 am

29 Aug/2:36 AM UTC+8
MF 19 in stock http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004P9 ... ative=9325" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
DS in stock

1brickshyofcrazy
Knight
Knight

Post by 1brickshyofcrazy » Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:05 pm

So has any one bitten the bullet and bought any thing yet from this seller.
If yes, have you received it and what's the condition fair, good or fake?

Also, I agree that this could be a stolen CC scam as well and it would definitely be suspicious if they are drop shipping.

I did not know this about Lego but I'm guessing it would be something any large major retailer would or should do as well.
SH1 wrote: For the buyer, the consequence that I've seen is that LEGO S@H will put the delivery address on a stop list, and will not ship to that address again in the future. Its a pain to clear the record, too.

CrazyRus
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by CrazyRus » Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:01 pm

Got 1, supposedly it was shipped via USPS but no tracking was provided. Will update when/if I get it