A couple of clearance sets at Walmart - 30% off

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
condor
Knight
Knight

A couple of clearance sets at Walmart - 30% off

Post by condor » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:43 am

All this talk about the huge Target clearance made me curious to see what Walmart had to offer so I stopped in yesterday and found these:

7948 Kingdoms Outpost Attack - $14
7947 Kingdoms Prison Tower Rescue - $35
7596 Trash Compactor Escape - $35
7594 Woody's Roundup - $35
3847 Magma Monster - $7

They're not the greatest deals in the world, but since Walmart is YMMV, there's a chance other stores are even lower.

Good luck!

koromo
Knight
Knight

Re: A couple of clearance sets at Walmart - 30% off

Post by koromo » Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:54 pm

I saw these today at the same rates as well as some more of the lego games at the same reduction.

Since a better discounted Tower has been impossible to find in my area I picked it up.
Lego Fan based in Seacoast Area of New Hampshire.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:34 pm

I, too, found Prison Tower Rescue at $35 at the Fishkill, NY Walmart. I also saw Magikus for $5 (and picked it up), Magma Monster for $7 and Ramses Pyramid for $21. There were a lot of the Pyramid left, so maybe it will be marked down again.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

turtle1173
Knight
Knight

Post by turtle1173 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:56 pm

Found the same here in Missouri. Only difference is that one store had magma monster for $5.

condor
Knight
Knight

Post by condor » Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:54 pm

The Kingdoms Outpost set is also 30% off at $13 and the small prison carriage is $7.

drtabo
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by drtabo » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:49 pm

I saw about 5 items in the lego aisle that had red clearance tags on the price, not on the box. They were out of everything except the toy story items. (Osgood - Fremont, CA store)

drtabo
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by drtabo » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:25 pm

Somewhat off topic, but does Walmart normally have item scanners? I had a really hard time finding one, so had to go to the self-check aisle, scan a few things, and then go put them back. I did find one today in the back to school section though on a post. Just wondering, if other people have had the same experience.

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:18 pm

I know for a fact all the Walmarts in my area have them. Some have more than others, but they are sometimes hard to find. They are REALLY loud and take forever to 'reset' before you can scan another item.
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

ATXHusker
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by ATXHusker » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:42 am

I saw the airport on clearance for $79.00 which isn't bad but great so I didn't pull the trigger. :). I've already spent too much with the Target clearance.

-Chad

tarakou
Peasant
Peasant

Post by tarakou » Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:02 pm

went to wal-mart today out of curiosity and found some decent items on clearance at around 30-50% off in addition to the ones mentioned above :)

Pharaoh's Quest Scorpion Pyramid: $55
Harry Potter Burrows: $30
Various Polybags: $2.50 (not too great of a discount, but still decent i suppose)

There were a ton of other sets that I was looking at, but not deeply discounted:

Scarab Attack: $3
Freeing Dobby: $7

They also had a Lego City Fire Station for $60, I didn't pick it up though. This was in New Port Richey, FL :)

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:50 pm

tarakou wrote:Pharaoh's Quest Scorpion Pyramid: $55
Those are nice finds. The Burrow is a great set, I'm very happy with it at $42, but $30 would've been outstanding. I'm hoping to find the Scorpion Pyramid at a decent discount.

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:50 pm

Shoulda hopped on the Amazon gravy train a few months ago Vyn :)
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

gator06
Peasant
Peasant

Post by gator06 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:24 pm

vynsane wrote:
tarakou wrote:Pharaoh's Quest Scorpion Pyramid: $55
Those are nice finds. The Burrow is a great set, I'm very happy with it at $42, but $30 would've been outstanding. I'm hoping to find the Scorpion Pyramid at a decent discount.
The scorpion pyramid is pretty cool. I bought it for $70 and I was happy with that.

gator06
Peasant
Peasant

Post by gator06 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:27 pm

Thanks for the info, I think I'll stop by walmart and see what they have.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:44 am

Luciant wrote:Shoulda hopped on the Amazon gravy train a few months ago Vyn :)
That would have required having the money to buy the bowl to put the gravy in, or some such awkward extension of that analogy ;)

Venvoi
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Venvoi » Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:00 pm

Scored Outpost Attack for $13 at my local Roanoke, VA Wal-Mart today. They also had some Toy Story and World Racers on sales, but nothing worth noting.

1brickshyofcrazy
Knight
Knight

Post by 1brickshyofcrazy » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:34 pm

Walmart clearance / discounts - I for one have not found many and the Target clearance was nothing but blank shelves. I'm guessing someone cleaned it out during the Target clearance before I got a chance to see anything or the local Target never had a clearance and just did a re-shelving and put the Lego stock in the back room tempo. I've heard some others say the same thing no Target clearance at their location.

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:38 pm

I agree, Walmart rarely has Lego discounted, and usually they are behind the curve in terms of timing and price. The only time I've spent much on Lego @ Walmart, was during Christmas season and then the clearance they ALWAYS have after Christmas. Other than that, I've snagged a set or two when they happened to be REALLY good deals, but also missed a few (Tower Bridge come to mind).

I buy a majority of my Lego at TRU just because they constantly have some sort of 20% or better discount. Otherwise it's B&N for 30% or 50% plus the additional 10% membership discount, or Target whenever they have clearance or a great sale.

turtle1173
Knight
Knight

Post by turtle1173 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:46 pm

I've found some super deals at walmart clearance over the past year. It comes in cycles though, as most the year has little clearance. Patience and vigilance is necessary. However that's half the fun, finding insane deals. Every walmart is different, so deals aren't always had everywhere. The clearance rows are starting to form though, so we'll see what takes shape.

condor
Knight
Knight

Post by condor » Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:52 am

Luciant wrote:I agree, Walmart rarely has Lego discounted, and usually they are behind the curve in terms of timing and price. The only time I've spent much on Lego @ Walmart, was during Christmas season and then the clearance they ALWAYS have after Christmas. Other than that, I've snagged a set or two when they happened to be REALLY good deals, but also missed a few (Tower Bridge come to mind).
They had the Tower Bridge at Walmart??