[USA] BN Instores Kids Club Coupon 30% off MSRP on LEGO

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Advent Calendars?

Post by Ice » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:32 pm

atmail35 wrote:Does anyone know if BN has carried the Avent Calendars in the past? I'd love to get that at a discount and w/ Borders gone it might be difficult.
I remember seeing BN carry the City Advent Calendars last year online.

ricefields
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: Advent Calendars?

Post by ricefields » Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:10 pm

Ice wrote:
atmail35 wrote:Does anyone know if BN has carried the Avent Calendars in the past? I'd love to get that at a discount and w/ Borders gone it might be difficult.
I remember seeing BN carry the City Advent Calendars last year online.
yes, I can confirm that they carried both the city and kingdoms advent calendar.

village raid also sold out, I guess they did not have as many of these as the republic frigate!

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Re: [WORLD] BN.com 30% off USA MSRP on Non-Licensed LEGO

Post by atmail35 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:24 pm

Ice and ricefields, thanks for the info on the advent calendars. I used the new thumbs up button for the first time ;) I'm going to watch for the advent calendars and hope the coupon codes work/are available when they are stocked, as that would be a nice deal!

vaio
I'm New !

Post by vaio » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:22 pm

Anyone else's boxes coming thrashed? I ordered 2 sets and both sets were crushed from delivery.

r1chard
Knight
Knight

Post by r1chard » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:50 pm

ricefields wrote:village raid also sold out, I guess they did not have as many of these as the republic frigate!
That was fast! Google wasn't able to cache it :lol:
Here's the page anyways.
vaio wrote:Anyone else's boxes coming thrashed? I ordered 2 sets and both sets were crushed from delivery.
I ordered once, Isla de la Muerta, and it was boxed on a box they used for books. The box inside came with a lot
creases, as if someone tried to squeeze it. For bigger orders, they use big boxes with air bubbles on one side. So the side without air bubbles is dented after 3 weeks of travel before arriving here in Canada.

Sinfanti
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Sinfanti » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:31 pm

r1chard wrote:Those ordering from East Asia (or from RP if someone here have an experience ordering from BN),

How long is the waiting time from confirmed shipped to delivery at your door?
Does your local customs charge additional duties and taxes?

Thanks!
@ r1chard,

I bought a Mindstorms set back in July when last 30% coupon came out. I just did the basic $13 shipping to Taiwan and it took about 4 weeks. Item arrived in good shape and I was pleasantly surprised to not get a bill from customs. I currently have a Republic Frigate en route and this time sprang for the faster shipping. We'll see how much difference there is.

r1chard
Knight
Knight

Post by r1chard » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:02 pm

^Did BN charged you any taxes? If so how much percentage?

I tried doing a checkout without clicking the final button, it just gives me the item value plus the international shipping, and no taxes. This is shipping to Far East.

In Canada bound orders, I know taxes is just 5%.

gator06
Peasant
Peasant

Post by gator06 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:58 pm

vaio wrote:Anyone else's boxes coming thrashed? I ordered 2 sets and both sets were crushed from delivery.
I've ordered two larger sets from BN and both arrived in good condition.

Sinfanti
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Sinfanti » Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:06 am

@ r1chard - no tax from B&N when shipping to TW. Do they charge tax on orders to Canada because they have a physical presence in your province?

ricefields
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by ricefields » Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:05 pm

Not recently. They are pretty good with their packaging so your two crushed boxes are rare from my 6 yrs buying from them. You might want to call them up and try for additional discount due to the damage. Not sure if bn still does this but a couple years back, I had a republic gunship box punctured because the shipping box was punctured with a big hole. I called them up and they said to return it. I told them I was from canada and they said keep it and they still refunded me. I think that was a once in a blue moon event.

ang911
I'm New !

Post by ang911 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:48 pm

I have ordered many times from B&N also and I have the opposite experience to ricefields. Out of the dozens of sets I have received I have only had 1 or 2 arrive undamaged. Usually the boxes look like they have been jumped on and sets arrive squashed like a pancake. B&N have never been forthcoming in rectifying the situation in any form and simply respond to my emails with a standard "we are very busy and read our FAQ for the answer to your question". Having said that I still order from them but I only order sets I am going to open and build, not sets to keep in the boxes or sell.

ricefields
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by ricefields » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:02 pm

ang911 wrote:I have ordered many times from B&N also and I have the opposite experience to ricefields. Out of the dozens of sets I have received I have only had 1 or 2 arrive undamaged. Usually the boxes look like they have been jumped on and sets arrive squashed like a pancake. B&N have never been forthcoming in rectifying the situation in any form and simply respond to my emails with a standard "we are very busy and read our FAQ for the answer to your question". Having said that I still order from them but I only order sets I am going to open and build, not sets to keep in the boxes or sell.
I wonder if they pack international shipments better! For large sets, they would use two big boxes, overlap them, and filled them with tons of airbags. BN basically supplied me with enough boxes and airbags to start my own packing/shipping business.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:06 pm

I would have loved the castle farm set for $50. Thankfully I never saw it in stock to begin with. I'lm trying to dave money for a trip.

r1chard
Knight
Knight

Post by r1chard » Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:20 pm

Does anyone who ordered MVR already received a shipping confirmation?
I just got an email saying 'Scheduled to Ship', any chances it will be cancelled or it's because it's weekend and they only ship out orders on weekdays.

il padrino
I'm New !

Post by il padrino » Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:17 pm

Is there a limit to how many times you can use this coupon code per email address on individual order? There are a few sets I'd like to order.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:56 pm

il padrino wrote:Is there a limit to how many times you can use this coupon code per email address on individual order? There are a few sets I'd like to order.
I believe it is one time for EACH different code PER e-mail address. But you can sign in as a "guest" (i.e. not create a new account) and check out with different e-mail addresses to use the same coupon code more than once. There are several codes available on the first page of the thread so you should be able to make multiple purchases without creating too many e-mail addresses.

fouzie
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by fouzie » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:17 pm

r1chard wrote:Does anyone who ordered MVR already received a shipping confirmation?
I just got an email saying 'Scheduled to Ship', any chances it will be cancelled or it's because it's weekend and they only ship out orders on weekdays.
BN ship on business days/weekdays
I placed an order in saturday and they ship it today.

UnknownUser
Knight
Knight

Post by UnknownUser » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:21 pm

Just wondering, is it normal for orders to show as "in transit" for more than 1 day even though it says "1 business day left"?

1brickshyofcrazy
Knight
Knight

Post by 1brickshyofcrazy » Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:29 am

Hi,

I have q question regarding the BN.com coupon codes. Does anyone know if anyone can use the BN.com 30% off coupon codes once for a purchase at BN.com or do you have to be a member of BN/BN.com in order to use it? Basically is there anything special you would need to do to use BN.com coupon codes.

Thank you...

Brickbuilder0937
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by Brickbuilder0937 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:49 am

1brickshyofcrazy wrote:Hi,

I have q question regarding the BN.com coupon codes. Does anyone know if anyone can use the BN.com 30% off coupon codes once for a purchase at BN.com or do you have to be a member of BN/BN.com in order to use it? Basically is there anything special you would need to do to use BN.com coupon codes.

Thank you...
No membership needed, just enter the code in the appropriate box during checkout.