[USA] BN Instores Kids Club Coupon 30% off MSRP on LEGO

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: [WORLD] BN.com 30% off USA MSRP on Non-Licensed LEGO

Post by Ice » Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:09 pm

I got my podracers today and it was in perfect condition! It was shipped in a LEGOShop shipping box like my republic frigate order. :D

1brickshyofcrazy
Knight
Knight

Post by 1brickshyofcrazy » Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:01 pm

Got my second Republic Frigate and the box was Lego but it was kinda crushed. It's OK though since I want to open and build this set. By the way there was absolutely no stuffing or air bag stuffing in it just the Lego set which caused the Lego set to get crushed.

faish888
I'm New !

Post by faish888 » Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:35 pm

After several MF orders that were cancelled, I managed to place an order again on 24 Aug. Just to be sure, I wrote in to BN hoping to get them to confirm the stock would be there for me this time. Surprisingly, they wrote back with the following on 27 Aug:

Dear xxx,

Thank you for your inquiry regarding order #xxx.

After checking our inventory, we have confirmed the availability of your
items. Your order is still scheduled to ship on 08/26/2011. As always,
we will send you an e-mail order confirmation on the day your order is
shipped.

We look forward to your next visit.

Sincerely,
xxx
Customer Service Representative
Barnes & Noble
http://www.bn.com/

I was overjoyed! Then, the next day I received sad news in the form of the standard cancellation notice. Worse still, I received another note from BN asking to me take a survey to tell them about my customer service experience with them:

At Barnes & Noble, our number one priority is to provide you with excellent customer service. Would you please take a few minutes to tell us about your experience with Barnes & Noble Customer Service on 08/26/2011?

Should I really tell it to them how I feel? Not sure how I should feel, laugh at their expected incompetency or still feel mad but what can I do? :lol: :twisted:

Btw, I saw in Singapore Lego forum that someone actually received their MF ordered from BN. Lucky you!

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:09 am

My mfalcon has landed on my home today after two full weeks of administrating and travelling. I was expecting that size of the box set would be huge; in fact, it is about the same size as Republic Frigate. Few bad crease lines are found from top of the box down all the way to the bottom. It has been crushed but (I guess) not severeness. To be more specific, not as bad as one of our member's ninjago Ice Dragon box set (feel bad for his misfortune). However, this was the second times I found crease lines at the box sets. I am not sure if I should blame for couriers or BN. Anyway, carefully consider your next order if you want a "PERFECT" box for collection purpose. Because I am going to open the box and build it, the crease lines are not a big issue to me even though I will flatten it and keep it under my mattress. Afterall, it is still a good deal for international buyer.

P.S. There wasn't any invoice being found inside or outside of the box.

ricefields
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by ricefields » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:48 pm

legohunter wrote:My mfalcon has landed on my home today after two full weeks of administrating and travelling. I was expecting that size of the box set would be huge; in fact, it is about the same size as Republic Frigate. Few bad crease lines are found from top of the box down all the way to the bottom. It has been crushed but (I guess) not severeness. To be more specific, not as bad as one of our member's ninjago Ice Dragon box set (feel bad for his misfortune). However, this was the second times I found crease lines at the box sets. I am not sure if I should blame for couriers or BN. Anyway, carefully consider your next order if you want a "PERFECT" box for collection purpose. Because I am going to open the box and build it, the crease lines are not a big issue to me even though I will flatten it and keep it under my mattress. Afterall, it is still a good deal for international buyer.

P.S. There wasn't any invoice being found inside or outside of the box.
you cannot blame crease lines on BN - Crease lines and shelfwear are just part of the normal risk from buying online and shipping.

I received my sith infiltrator in the worst packaging ever seen from bn (worst ever would be no box or even brown paper; some ebay seller just slapped a shipping label directly onto a lego set and shipped it that way to me! There is no such thing as common sense!). Several pieces of cardboard were taped tightly all around the sith infiltrator. Looked like a makeshift packaging job either because the packing staff were too lazy or had orders not to use a bigger and intact box. Luckily no major crushing or damage to the original lego box. I got another sith set going to new york so I will find out in a couple of weeks if its 2 for 2 for same packaging.

r1chard
Knight
Knight

Post by r1chard » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:01 pm

I received my Spongebob sets today (Heroic Heroes of the Deep and Glove World).
It was shipped in a regular box with air bubbles on top of the two sets.
However, and this is the weird thing, there's is a hole on one side of the packaging box large enough to fit my 5 fingers. As if someone punch it to make the hole. As a consequence one of the set's box got a major dent on one corner like an inch deep dent. Also, there's an unrelated receipt inside from someone in California and the receiver address is in UK with item description: ribbons.

Inside the box though is the usual BN receipt.
I received the shipment confirmation 09 August. So exactly 3 weeks this time.

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:12 pm

r1chard wrote:I received my Spongebob sets today (Heroic Heroes of the Deep and Glove World).
I received the shipment confirmation 09 August. So exactly 3 weeks this time.
3 weeks of waiting was too long for east coast! That's not acceptable. :mad:

I guess my kid may like "Glove World", too. It is cool to put it together with city theme. If it was not the $6.5 shipping charge for a $19.99 box set, I would definitely pull the trigger while it was available. Enjoy.

r1chard
Knight
Knight

Post by r1chard » Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:11 am

Canadian MSRP for Heroic Heroes of the Deep and Glove World is $20 and $30 compared to US MSRP which is $15 and $20. If you're getting the Heroic Heroes of the Deep set I think you can still apply the Kids Club coupon, then the shipping for the 2nd item, say Glove World, is just $2.5

$41 for the 2 sets tax and shipping included from BN

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:33 am

ricefields wrote: I received my sith infiltrator in the worst packaging ever seen from bn. Several pieces of cardboard were taped tightly all around the sith infiltrator. Looked like a makeshift packaging job either because the packing staff were too lazy or had orders not to use a bigger and intact box. Luckily no major crushing or damage to the original lego box. I got another sith set going to new york so I will find out in a couple of weeks if its 2 for 2 for same packaging.
Different packing staffs has different way/style to pack stuff. It seems there is no standard for them.

ricefields
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by ricefields » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:01 am

legohunter wrote:
ricefields wrote: I received my sith infiltrator in the worst packaging ever seen from bn. Several pieces of cardboard were taped tightly all around the sith infiltrator. Looked like a makeshift packaging job either because the packing staff were too lazy or had orders not to use a bigger and intact box. Luckily no major crushing or damage to the original lego box. I got another sith set going to new york so I will find out in a couple of weeks if its 2 for 2 for same packaging.
Different packing staffs has different way/style to pack stuff. It seems there is no standard for them.
QA/QC is definitely way down with the posts we have seen so far regarding wrong invoices or wrong shipping labels, no invoice, and poor packaging.

r1chard
Knight
Knight

Post by r1chard » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:40 pm

MVR now on-stock

http://gifts.barnesandnoble.com/Toys-ga ... 3419145091

and is coupon excluded.

evo8hks
Knight
Knight

Post by evo8hks » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:04 pm

Did anyone get the new code yet for BN?

mik_mik
I'm New !

Post by mik_mik » Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:24 am

Why bother with the new code, it won't work on any Lego sets anyways..............
:evil:

r1chard
Knight
Knight

Post by r1chard » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:42 pm

I just got my $5 Kids Club reward today.

It says it will expire on 10/09/2011.
Is this October 09? or September 10, which is tomorrow already?

autobrick
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by autobrick » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:51 pm

I also received the $5 Kids Club reward card. I am pretty sure that it expires on October 9th (my previous $5 gift card expired on '08/06/2011' which was good until August 6, 2011, not June 8, 2011).

drtabo
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by drtabo » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:58 pm

r1chard wrote:I just got my $5 Kids Club reward today.

It says it will expire on 10/09/2011.
Is this October 09? or September 10, which is tomorrow already?
It's month/day/year in the US... I am not sure about other countries, they like to do day/month/year...

r1chard
Knight
Knight

Post by r1chard » Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:55 pm

Thanks for clarifying.

I'm itching to use my $5 kids club reward now.

What sets are still 30%-off coupon valid?

Brickbuilder0937
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by Brickbuilder0937 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:28 am

r1chard wrote: What sets are still 30%-off coupon valid?
Unfortunately no more LEGO sets are eligible for coupons. Your best bet would be to wait until B&N gets a bunch of new sets and hope they forget to apply the coupon exclusions. ;-)

QuagsireQing
Knight
Knight

Post by QuagsireQing » Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:29 am

Brickbuilder0937 wrote:
Unfortunately no more LEGO sets are eligible for coupons. Your best bet would be to wait until B&N gets a bunch of new sets and hope they forget to apply the coupon exclusions. ;-)
Seeing as Robie House and Brandenburg Gate were added with the coupon exclusion from the get-go, I'm not optimistic. :???:

sidersdd
Knight
Knight

Post by sidersdd » Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:26 am

QuagsireQing wrote:
Brickbuilder0937 wrote:
Seeing as Robie House and Brandenburg Gate were added with the coupon exclusion from the get-go, I'm not optimistic. :???:
Anyone seen Robie House or Brandenburg Gate in their B&N B&M stores yet?