[USA] BN Instores Kids Club Coupon 30% off MSRP on LEGO

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
ricefields
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: [WORLD] BN.com 30% off USA MSRP on Non-Licensed LEGO

Post by ricefields » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:09 am

chongcheng wrote:
ricefields wrote:are you guys using the coupon legitimately as kids club members? Try that. I wonder if they are cancelling due to stock or weeding out the illegitimate orders now. They are still showing up as available so they should not be cancelling. I want to test using the code on the frigate as a guest and see what happens. But if it works I might end up with a third frigate, which I don't need!
As non kids club member - cancelled
As kids club member - also cancelled
Tried to use credit card to pay instead of my usual paypal, also cancelled and they STILL charge to my credit card instead - I will definitely get them for this!

The next thing I could do is to change my address and if that doesn't work, I think the coupon cannot be used on LEGO totally, with or without the restrictions stated.
as kids club member - was the code they sent you via email used and still resulted in the cancellation? Make sure while you talk to the customer representative that they reactivate this code for use again.

doriansdad
Peasant
Peasant

Post by doriansdad » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:19 am

All my orders with this merchant were cancelled. Looks like they shut it down when the coupons were leaked to the popular deal sites. On to bigger and better things.

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:07 pm

Its sad to see it go the same route like last time when it spreads to other LEGO blogs/fan sites. Thats still ok though since that's not too many people.

But when it gets to the big deals sites that gets millions of views a day, it will cause the life of the coupon. There's talk about it everywhere now and BN would obviously notice seeing all these LEGO orders.

ricefields
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by ricefields » Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:30 pm

There were 15% and 20% off coupons out there this weekend; 20% is still pretty good for international customers but too late to use them if they only found out transactions were cancelled today with the 30% off kids club code. I will post them next time.

chongcheng
Peasant
Peasant

Post by chongcheng » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:03 pm

So the problem is with the coupon...

OK...once it starts to spread, it is the end of it. But I am happy for the period it has lasted, although failure to land the MF is a pity. Well, now will concentrate on resolving my issues with (instead of buying from) BN.

1brickshyofcrazy
Knight
Knight

Post by 1brickshyofcrazy » Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:23 am

Not sure whats happening with all the cancellations to a bunch of you but I was able to grab another Repubilc Frigate with the coupon code that expired, August 22, 2011. I did the order late Saturday / early Sunday morning and it was delayed but it did ship out finally. It coming via DHL which is different from the first one which was UPS and I'm guessing by the DHL tracking number it's look like it's partner shipped via USPS.

Also, I'm still hoping to get a Sith set with the other code so hopefully they will still work.

Thanks again for sharing...

evo8hks
Knight
Knight

Post by evo8hks » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:26 pm

coupon code is not working for me either.

brick76
I'm New !

Post by brick76 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:41 pm

A quick glance shows that the current coupon only work for these sets only:

7956 Ewok Attack
7957 Sith Nightspeeder
7959 Geonosian Starfighter

Shijima
Knight
Knight

Post by Shijima » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:51 pm

With shipping you end up saving 30% off Cdn retail on the geonosian fighter.

faish888
I'm New !

Post by faish888 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:46 pm

Not actual LEGO-related, but Kreo Transformers are now showing up (even when searching for LEGO) in BN and good news for anyone interested is that the coupons work on them. Now wonder if any AFOL would consider these sets and are they any good quality-wise? It seems the pieces are compatible with LEGO pieces.

joseph.blow
I'm New !

Post by joseph.blow » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:51 pm

i bought a few on a whim. I've only built Mirage and the big Bumblebee in car forms so far. Brick quality is very close to Lego, instructions are good, and the cars look great. Stickers are extra sticky and harder to correct than Lego ones. And sometimes (ie Mirage autobot symbol) you're supposed to put them over curves and they crease.

No idea about robot modes yet.

Also note that Walmart Canada carries them for $5-7 cheaper than TRU.

brick76
I'm New !

Post by brick76 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:36 am

Frigate arrived 26 days after 'shipped out' email notification. But I choosed International Priority Airmail (4 to 14 days) for this package. So i've learned it's pointless to pay a bit extra for this shipping option.

Box was bit dented here and there but it's ok with me ouucchhh. It's nice to finally own this ship after missing out the 1st version of this model.

faish888
I'm New !

Post by faish888 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:17 am

brick76 wrote:Frigate arrived 26 days after 'shipped out' email notification. But I choosed International Priority Airmail (4 to 14 days) for this package. So i've learned it's pointless to pay a bit extra for this shipping option.

Box was bit dented here and there but it's ok with me ouucchhh. It's nice to finally own this ship after missing out the 1st version of this model.
I received my Frigate today, it was shipped on 28th July. That's about the same time, but my shipping was standard Int'l Airmail. Condition was pretty bad. Ouch! :evil:

Btw, my MF got cancelled but I noticed it's available again so I just tried another order. Third time lucky? ;)

r1chard
Knight
Knight

Post by r1chard » Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:42 am

This is what i meant by crushed.
It happens when BN uses the box made specifically for books.
Since the box sides has predetermined grids so that it adjust to the book's dimensions.
These grids are the weak points of the box and are prone to folding, dents, creases, damage, and all the bad stuff we can say about it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:31 am

The reason why my republic frigate didn't get crushed is because they actually used a big shipping box similar to LEGOShop. I thought BN was changing their shipping habits. But turns out I was just lucky.

For my Geonosian Starfighter and Sith Infiltrator, they shipped it through a box designed for books like yours so I got damaged crushed LEGO boxes. :(

ricefields
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by ricefields » Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:22 pm

Ice wrote:The reason why my republic frigate didn't get crushed is because they actually used a big shipping box similar to LEGOShop. I thought BN was changing their shipping habits. But turns out I was just lucky.

For my Geonosian Starfighter and Sith Infiltrator, they shipped it through a box designed for books like yours so I got damaged crushed LEGO boxes. :(
actually I am noting the reverse; BN has always used proper BN shipping boxes for lego shipped to me. I had only received one lego set (rockefeller) in a book box out of over 75 orders due to its small size. I am shocked that BN used a book box for the ninjago set. Definitely more coupon users and orders at bn = more sloppy packaging and shipping.

Unfortunately I also ordered two sith infiltrators and one geonosian, so I am crossing my fingers that the infiltrators were shipped in proper boxes (one is being delivered to NY and the other to ontario to see if any difference) and I am okay with the geonosian in a book box, since I was going to open it.

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:55 pm

r1chard wrote:This is what i meant by crushed.
Since the box sides has predetermined grids so that it adjust to the book's dimensions.
These grids are the weak points of the box and are prone to folding, dents, creases, damage, and all the bad stuff we can say about it.

I don't know if its me, but that box seems really long like a rectangle. I thought the NinjaGo Ice Dragon Attack box is square shaped.

Shijima
Knight
Knight

Post by Shijima » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:12 pm

My republic frigate was also packed in a lego shipping box.

1brickshyofcrazy
Knight
Knight

Post by 1brickshyofcrazy » Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:06 am

Hopefully mine comes the same way and un-damaged. :)
Shijima wrote:My republic frigate was also packed in a lego shipping box.

r1chard
Knight
Knight

Post by r1chard » Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:55 pm

Ice wrote:
r1chard wrote:This is what i meant by crushed.

I don't know if its me, but that box seems really long like a rectangle. I thought the NinjaGo Ice Dragon Attack box is square shaped.
the packaging box used is also square but like 1.5" bigger compared to the lego box in terms of width and length.