[USA] BN Instores Kids Club Coupon 30% off MSRP on LEGO

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
Zeya
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: [WORLD] BN.com 30% off USA MSRP on Non-Licensed LEGO

Post by Zeya » Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:53 pm

clu wrote:Someone is selling the B&N coupons codes on ebay. Please look up star wars lego and you'll find that this person has already sold 100+ of the barnes and noble coupon codes that are posted in this site
That type of thing happens all the time. You can also buy "secret decoder sheets" for determining which CMF is in a packet. I think I've seen people selling the pdf versions of set instructions you can download for free from Lego directly.

1brickshyofcrazy
Knight
Knight

Post by 1brickshyofcrazy » Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:18 pm

Well that really suxs :( :evil:
clu wrote:Someone is selling the B&N coupons codes on ebay. Please look up star wars lego and you'll find that this person has already sold 100+ of the barnes and noble coupon codes that are posted in this site
I've seen ppl selling the codes for CMF and PDF and links(URLs) and plain print outs to set building instructions as well :( :evil:
Zeya wrote: That type of thing happens all the time. You can also buy "secret decoder sheets" for determining which CMF is in a packet. I think I've seen people selling the pdf versions of set instructions you can download for free from Lego directly.

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:30 pm

All I could say is "Shame of it". :(

leryav
I'm New !

Post by leryav » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:35 pm

legohunter wrote:
All I could say is "Shame of it". :(
He is using ToysNBrick info, i am going to use back the information that he is providing,

Dears friends here is confirm coupon to be use.

Lego Sets:

LEGO Republic Frigate 7964

LEGO Darth Maul.s Sith Infiltrator 7961

LEGO Western Train Chase 7597

LEGO Spy Jet Escape 8638

LEGO Big Bentley Bust Out 8639

LEGO Geonosian Starfighter 7959

LEGO Sith Nightspeeder 7957

LEGO Ewok Attack 7956

LEGO Glove World 3816

LEGO Heroic Heroes of the Deep 3815

LEGO Sensei Wu 2255

LEGO Lord Garmadon 2256

William Furno #7167

Toys

LEGO Stop Animation Video Camera

LEGO 3MP Digital Camera

LEGO CD Boombox Red

LEGO CD Stereo Boombox – Blue

LEGO Clock Radio Blue

LEGO Clock Radio - Red

LEGO Toy Story Woody minifigure clock

LEGO Toy Story Buzz minifigure clock

LEGO Star Wars Storm Trooper minifigure clock

LEGO Star Wars Midsize/Adult Watch - Darth Vader

LEGO Star Wars Luke & Han Solo adult watch

LEGO Toy Story Woody kids watch with mini figure

LEGO Toy Story Buzz Lightyear kids watch with mini figure

LEGO Star Wars Watch with Mini Figure - Storm Trooper

LEGO Star Wars Watch w/ Mini Figure – Yoda (also available: Darth Vader ~ Darth Maul ~ r2d2 ~ Luke ~ Anakin ~ Atlantis ~ Race Car ~ policeman

LEGO Star Wars Darth Vader minifigure clock

LEGO Creator Clock

LEGO Soccer Clock

LEGO Ninjago 3856 (game)

LEGO Heroica Draida Bay 3857 (game)

LEGO Heroica Castle Fortaan 3860 (game)

LEGO(R) DUPLO(R) ZipBin(R) Large Toy Box Playmat

Lego Dynamo Torch - City Lights

LEGO Creator watch with building toy

LEGO CITY FIRE ZipBin Large Toy Box Playmat

LEGO Brick Clock blue (also red,yellow & pink)

LEGO City Mini Figure Clock – Policeman

LEGO Walkie Talkie

Lego am/fm Radio

Lego Light Lantern

Lego Head Lamp – City Lights

Lego Torch - Classic

LEGO Star Wars ZipBin (plus all other ZipBins)

(R)Ninjago Battle Case Lego Heroica Waldurk Forest 3858 (game)

Lego Heroica Caverns of Nathuz 3859

JPS97
I'm New !

Post by JPS97 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:00 pm

Did they get rid of the castle or something? I can't find it anywhere! :cry:
-JPS97
I'm a newbie! :D

r1chard
Knight
Knight

Post by r1chard » Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:05 pm

JPS97 wrote:Did they get rid of the castle or something? I can't find it anywhere! :cry:
-JPS97
It is out of stock now

http://gifts.barnesandnoble.com/Toys-ga ... 3419131032

JPS97
I'm New !

Post by JPS97 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:06 pm

Does this mean forever? Or do you guys think it will be back in soon? Or is it being discountinued?

r1chard
Knight
Knight

Post by r1chard » Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:11 pm

this is a slightly old set, so my guess is it is gone.
however, some sets made a come back from being OOS like TS Train and City Corner
one time I even saw an Indiana Jones set

JPS97
I'm New !

Post by JPS97 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:12 pm

Ok thanks! Well this slightly stinks....
-JPS97

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:56 pm

r1chard wrote:
JPS97 wrote:Did they get rid of the castle or something? I can't find it anywhere! :cry:
-JPS97
It is out of stock now

Its excluded from the coupon now anyways. Actually, almost everything from BN is excluded except for some of the Star Wars sets. Even NinjaGo Fire Temple and Alien Conquest Earth Defense HQ have exclusions. :(

If you haven't pick up your 30% off Star Wars Republic Frigate, get it now before they finish putting the exclusions on.

joseph.blow
I'm New !

Post by joseph.blow » Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:31 am

Hooray! Just ordered mine along with the new city space stuff. Incidentally, US msrp + B&N shipping is cheaper than the Canadian toysrus prices at 20% off + HST :p

JPS97
I'm New !

Post by JPS97 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:50 am

Ice wrote:
r1chard wrote:
-JPS97
It is out of stock now

Its excluded from the coupon now anyways. Actually, almost everything from BN is excluded except for some of the Star Wars sets. Even NinjaGo Fire Temple and Alien Conquest Earth Defense HQ have exclusions. :(

If you haven't pick up your 30% off Star Wars Republic Frigate, get it now before they finish putting the exclusions on.

Thats just great....well thanks for the info.
-JPS97

chongcheng
Peasant
Peasant

Post by chongcheng » Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:41 am

Anyone able to utilize the 30% coupon? It seems like all my orders over the past few days were cancelled.

I using it on 7961 Sith Infiltrator, order goes through, but get cancelled.

joseph.blow
I'm New !

Post by joseph.blow » Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:44 am

Yup. My frigate order from last night just got cancelled too :(

ricefields
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by ricefields » Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:32 pm

are you guys using the coupon legitimately as kids club members? Try that. I wonder if they are cancelling due to stock or weeding out the illegitimate orders now. They are still showing up as available so they should not be cancelling. I want to test using the code on the frigate as a guest and see what happens. But if it works I might end up with a third frigate, which I don't need!

chongcheng
Peasant
Peasant

Post by chongcheng » Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:14 pm

ricefields wrote:are you guys using the coupon legitimately as kids club members? Try that. I wonder if they are cancelling due to stock or weeding out the illegitimate orders now. They are still showing up as available so they should not be cancelling. I want to test using the code on the frigate as a guest and see what happens. But if it works I might end up with a third frigate, which I don't need!
As non kids club member - cancelled
As kids club member - also cancelled
Tried to use credit card to pay instead of my usual paypal, also cancelled and they STILL charge to my credit card instead - I will definitely get them for this!

The next thing I could do is to change my address and if that doesn't work, I think the coupon cannot be used on LEGO totally, with or without the restrictions stated.

faish888
I'm New !

Post by faish888 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:20 am

chongcheng wrote:
ricefields wrote:are you guys using the coupon legitimately as kids club members? Try that. I wonder if they are cancelling due to stock or weeding out the illegitimate orders now. They are still showing up as available so they should not be cancelling. I want to test using the code on the frigate as a guest and see what happens. But if it works I might end up with a third frigate, which I don't need!
As non kids club member - cancelled
As kids club member - also cancelled
Tried to use credit card to pay instead of my usual paypal, also cancelled and they STILL charge to my credit card instead - I will definitely get them for this!

The next thing I could do is to change my address and if that doesn't work, I think the coupon cannot be used on LEGO totally, with or without the restrictions stated.
Perhaps you could send an inquiry about your cancelled orders to their customer service, and see what type of helpful explanation (if any) you get. Since you the items were cancelled but remain in stock, I wonder if they will provide their standard answer which I have always received (looks like their responses come from an automated system). :P

We are sorry to say that this item currently is not in stock at
http://www.bn.com. We sincerely regret that we are unable to make a order for
you as you requested due to the stock depends on the manufacturers
delivery. Product availability is based on inventory that can change at
any time, based on demand for the product.

We suggest checking back often as our website is updated daily.

Please accept our apology for any disappointment this may have caused.

Btw, I don't think your credit card was actually charged, apparently they only get authorization upon accepting your order but only charge to it when the item is shipped.

1brickshyofcrazy
Knight
Knight

Post by 1brickshyofcrazy » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:42 am

Is it possible that they (BN.com) are now excluding some international sales/buyers from using the coupon and buying?
chongcheng wrote:Anyone able to utilize the 30% coupon? It seems like all my orders over the past few days were cancelled.

I using it on 7961 Sith Infiltrator, order goes through, but get cancelled.
joseph.blow wrote:Yup. My frigate order from last night just got cancelled too :(
Also, faish888 is right why not contact BN.com customer service and see what kind of explanation they give both of you?
faish888 wrote:Perhaps you could send an inquiry about your cancelled orders to their customer service, and see what type of helpful explanation (if any) you get. Since you the items were cancelled but remain in stock, I wonder if they will provide their standard answer which I have always received (looks like their responses come from an automated system). :P
Post by faish888 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:20 am

chongcheng
Peasant
Peasant

Post by chongcheng » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:41 am

faish888 wrote: Btw, I don't think your credit card was actually charged, apparently they only get authorization upon accepting your order but only charge to it when the item is shipped.
It was charged...My credit card company actually texted me on my mobile phone to inform me of the charge.

And BN customer service is simply a waste of time. I haven't been able to get anything better than some template answers that never answer whatever I am asking them...till I give up. I will just find ways to get my money back.

I tried using another coupon (not 30%), the item shipped. Is the coupon the issue? I seriously can't figure that out...

ricefields
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by ricefields » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:04 am

chongcheng wrote:
faish888 wrote: Btw, I don't think your credit card was actually charged, apparently they only get authorization upon accepting your order but only charge to it when the item is shipped.
It was charged...My credit card company actually texted me on my mobile phone to inform me of the charge.

And BN customer service is simply a waste of time. I haven't been able to get anything better than some template answers that never answer whatever I am asking them...till I give up. I will just find ways to get my money back.

I tried using another coupon (not 30%), the item shipped. Is the coupon the issue? I seriously can't figure that out...
You have to call them and get a live customer representative and not email them re the credit card charge. I know you have to spend money on long distance but it will be quickest way to resolve. No template responses possible and up your complaint to manager if you need.