[USA] BN Instores Kids Club Coupon 30% off MSRP on LEGO

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
chongcheng
Peasant
Peasant

Re: [WORLD] BN.com 30% off USA MSRP on Non-Licensed LEGO

Post by chongcheng » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:32 pm

Did some checks - seems like previous restricted sets remains and new sets that restricts the use of coupon are non-licenced sets. Apparently, just released SW sets, Cars sets and Spongebob sets still can use the 30% coupon. Same goes for the recent released on BN Games set such as Heroica and Ninjago

Here are some sets that the coupon can still be used at the moment (I checked)

SW

Cars

Spongebob

Games

Sinfanti
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Sinfanti » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:06 am

r1chard wrote:Those ordering from East Asia (or from RP if someone here have an experience ordering from BN),

How long is the waiting time from confirmed shipped to delivery at your door?
Does your local customs charge additional duties and taxes?

Thanks!
I'm happy to report that my Republic Frigate that was reported shipped on 7/31, finally arrived today to central Taiwan. It just made the tail end of their 4-14 business days estimate for the upgraded shipping. Shipping box arrived in good condition, packed with two strips of bagged air, product box only has one corner slightly dented. Box was unopened by customs. No taxes or duties were charged (US or TW).

I'm a happy camper. And I'm thinking a redo might be in order.

brick76
I'm New !

Post by brick76 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:13 am

MF is back online! Be quick!

Ordered with the 30% discount!

Stuff that I ordered from BN usually will arrive in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia in 3-4 weeks time. Once it came under 14 days. But that is rare i suppose. Never had custom tax or any extra charges locally.

Most of the time the box set came dented and bit ugly looking. Once it was so bad there is a wide tear. Complained to BN and they refunded 10% of set price. I guess I can live this outcome since the shipping cost is so bloody low, it's 70% lower than average shipping cost from US to MY.

Thanks to this website and the great informants I managed to save USD210 for this MF set. That's right the retail price in Malaysia for MF is USD321.34.
Last edited by brick76 on Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:25 am

It looks like Alien Conquest does not qualify for the coupon.

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:29 am

atmail35 wrote:It looks like Alien Conquest does not qualify for the coupon.
it did yesterday. :o
glad i ordered another jet copter yesterday.
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:43 am

ncbarrett wrote:
I'm a little disappointed! Oh well.

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:49 am

atmail35 wrote:
ncbarrett wrote:
I'm a little disappointed! Oh well.
Guess you'll have to wait for next BOGO at TRU or for them to go on sale at Target
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

leryav
I'm New !

Post by leryav » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:28 am

Yes MF is here, quick go and order, i post shortcut here'

http://click.linksynergy.com/fs-bin/cli ... 10%25253A1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

faish888
I'm New !

Post by faish888 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:52 am

brick76 wrote:MF is back online! Be quick!

Stuff that I ordered from BN usually will arrive in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia in 3-4 weeks time. Once it came under 14 days. But that is rare i suppose. Never had custom tax or any extra charges locally.

Most of the time the box set came dented and bit ugly looking. Once it was so bad there is a wide tear. Complained to BN and they refunded 10% of set price. I guess I can live this outcome since the shipping cost is so bloody low, it's 70% lower than average shipping cost from US to MY.

Thanks to this website and the great informants I managed to save USD210 for this MF set. That's right the retail price in Malaysia for MF is USD321.34.
Yes!! Last time my order was cancelled so fingers crossed it gets shipped this time. Since the savings were huge, I decided to invest that back for the Int'l Express shipping option - costs 200% more ($36 vs $13) but decided to give it a try and see if it's worth the extra $23 for faster delivery and hopefully the box will arrive in pristine condition.

@brick76 - I live in Malaysia too and have similar experiences as you described. One of recent sets (King's Castle) arrived with the external box squashed (literally like someone jumped on it a few times) and the actual box was not much better. Amazing the contents survived (LEGO is durable!), except that the instruction booklets were badly folded and creased all over. Perhaps I should send a complain to BN like you did and test their customer service.

brickity
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by brickity » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:30 am

Out of stock again now. :(

seabiscuit
I'm New !

Post by seabiscuit » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:58 am

Most of the time the box set came dented and bit shitty looking. Once it was so bad there is a wide tear. Complained to BN and they refunded 10% of set price. I guess I can live this outcome since the shipping cost is so bloody low, it's 70% lower than average shipping cost from US to MY.

Hi brick76, unbelievable! yr BN order reached KL within 14 days. U must be very lucky and happy now. May i know what is yr current MF order status? I got an email from BN which canceled my first MF order yesterday. BN said that MF is limited to US and Canada buyers only. Just wonder any non US and Canada buyers managed to buy MF from BN? Thanks in advance.

faish888
I'm New !

Post by faish888 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:17 am

seabiscuit wrote:

Most of the time the box set came dented and bit shitty looking. Once it was so bad there is a wide tear. Complained to BN and they refunded 10% of set price. I guess I can live this outcome since the shipping cost is so bloody low, it's 70% lower than average shipping cost from US to MY.

Hi brick76, unbelievable! yr BN order reached KL within 14 days. U must be very lucky and happy now. May i know what is yr current MF order status? I got an email from BN which canceled my first MF order yesterday. BN said that MF is limited to US and Canada buyers only. Just wonder any non US and Canada buyers managed to buy MF from BN? Thanks in advance.
I was not informed by BN that the ML was limited to US and Canada buyers only. Below was their reply to my complaint about my order being cancelled, which is very generic and doesn't say much.

"We are sorry to say that this item currently is not in stock at
http://www.bn.com. We sincerely regret that we are unable to make a order for
you as you requested due to the stock depends on the manufacturers
delivery. Product availability is based on inventory that can change at
any time, based on demand for the product.

We suggest checking back often as our website is updated daily.

Please accept our apology for any disappointment this may have caused."

BN customer service sucks but their LEGO deals rocks!

seabiscuit
I'm New !

Post by seabiscuit » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:37 am

Yah, I guess LEGO is the only reason we all still go back to BN. It is a waste of time to deal with customer service.

This is the email from them.

Dear XXXXX XXXXX,

We have canceled your order XXXXXXXXX as noted below.

If you received this email regarding your order for a Barnes & Noble NOOK Book or NOOK App, please be advised that these purchases are limited to those customers physically located in the United States and Canada.

If you feel this has been done in error, please email us at [email protected] or call 1-877-379-0036 Mon-Fri between the hours of 8:30am - 11:00pm EST. If you are calling from outside the United States, call 1-201-559-3885.

Please be assured that you have not been charged for this order.

Sincerely,

Sales Audit Department
-- Barnes & Noble

:evil: :evil: :evil:

Shijima
Knight
Knight

Post by Shijima » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:04 am

My MF was cancelled yet the code I used to discount is no longer valid on my account, causing me to miss the order again this morning

krabs
I'm New !

Post by krabs » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:40 am

It has been 24hours since their website updated to "not yet shipped" and "expected shipping date AUG17"
but I did not receive any email other than the Order Received 3days ago

feels like QAR all over again

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:02 am

Shijima wrote:My MF was cancelled yet the code I used to discount is no longer valid on my account, causing me to miss the order again this morning
I mentioned the solution to this a while ago. Though, it did take me a while to find my original post when theres like 200+ replies here. :lol:

Basically, just apply the code first as "guest", then log into your account.

Shijima
Knight
Knight

Post by Shijima » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:09 am

Ya, I was aware of that but by the time I signed oit, Mf was out of stock again.

brick76
I'm New !

Post by brick76 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:50 am

seabiscuit wrote: Hi brick76, unbelievable! yr BN order reached KL within 14 days. U must be very lucky and happy now. May i know what is yr current MF order status? I got an email from BN which canceled my first MF order yesterday. BN said that MF is limited to US and Canada buyers only. Just wonder any non US and Canada buyers managed to buy MF from BN? Thanks in advance.
Yeah but that's just 1 time only :) I don't mind waiting either (ok i'm bluffing) but I can't complain because of the shipping cost :)

Gulps at the moment the order status is 'unable to process order please call bla bla'. I've seen this before and i just left it for a few days, then the status just change to 'shipped'.

Keep on hoping :)

brick76
I'm New !

Post by brick76 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:15 am

faish888 wrote:Yes!! Last time my order was cancelled so fingers crossed it gets shipped this time. Since the savings were huge, I decided to invest that back for the Int'l Express shipping option - costs 200% more ($36 vs $13) but decided to give it a try and see if it's worth the extra $23 for faster delivery and hopefully the box will arrive in pristine condition.

@brick76 - I live in Malaysia too and have similar experiences as you described. One of recent sets (King's Castle) arrived with the external box squashed (literally like someone jumped on it a few times) and the actual box was not much better. Amazing the contents survived (LEGO is durable!), except that the instruction booklets were badly folded and creased all over. Perhaps I should send a complain to BN like you did and test their customer service.
Wow $36 is a lot to try but i guess it's ok since this size would have cost at least $55 for normal USPS shipping to KL. Even then you're just paying half of local retail price. Heard that LEGO gets higher tax because it's consider luxury plastic items :) all in the name to protect our plastic industry (and you know it's not).

The damage is much more worse if you have a much smaller/shorter box packed together with a big box. They almost look like 1 single box when it arrived haha :lol: luckily BN does make an effort to pack them seperately (in most of my orders).

Let us know how it would turn out on the premium shipping.

ricefields
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by ricefields » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:48 am

faish888 wrote:

Yes!! Last time my order was cancelled so fingers crossed it gets shipped this time. Since the savings were huge, I decided to invest that back for the Int'l Express shipping option - costs 200% more ($36 vs $13) but decided to give it a try and see if it's worth the extra $23 for faster delivery and hopefully the box will arrive in pristine condition.

I have shipped several large lego sets to austrailia via BN before using the $15.98 and $36 options. They all arrived without any damage, and without taxes/duties. The $36 option is really UPS and takes about 3-4 days and of course is trackable online; the package actually went all the way to alaska before going through asia and eventually south to australia. I would never use the $12.98 option and its worth the $3 for cutting shipping time down to 2 weeks, which is excellent delivery time to australia.