TRU BOGF50% Harry Potter, SW, Creator and Duplo July 17-23

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
fai
Citizen
Citizen

TRU BOGF50% Harry Potter, SW, Creator and Duplo July 17-23

Post by fai » Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:03 pm

TRU is offering BOGO50% on all Harry Potter, Star Wars, Creator and Duplo sets July 17-23.
Plus, FREE Lego Showman or Christmas Tree with any LEGO construction purchase of $30 or more/

wei11364
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: TRU BOGF50% Harry Potter, SW, Creator and Duplo July 17-

Post by wei11364 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:11 pm

fai wrote:TRU is offering BOGO50% on all Harry Potter, Star Wars, Creator and Duplo sets July 17-23.
Plus, FREE Lego Showman or Christmas Tree with any LEGO construction purchase of $30 or more/
This sale is no live!

natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by natelite » Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:22 pm

finally! got 2 ds and 2 diagon alleys! wheee....

didn't even wait to find out how to stack this sale with the stupid free snowman or christmas tree. it seems to fail when you add to cart. wasn't going to lose out on the sale with the failure of the free offer. :lol:

vpdcus
I'm New !

Post by vpdcus » Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:30 pm

they seem to have plenty of ds in stock...

natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by natelite » Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:32 pm

vpdcus wrote:they seem to have plenty of ds in stock...
buyer's fatique? they were gone very quickly in the previous sale. but i can see how having so many bogo50 sales that very quickly can easily zap even the richest of lego fans.

Edmond Dantes
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Edmond Dantes » Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:37 pm

I picked up two Emerald Nights. In the last three B1G1 50% I've picked up two Fire Brigades, Medieval Market Villages and Emerald Nights. All were released in 2009 and all should be retired soon.

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:53 pm

Five of the new Star Wars sets are now instock. Assuming that you get the maximum 25% off when buying 2 sets of equal value, you'll roughly be saving 17.5-20.8% off MSRP.
  • Hoth Echo Base $94.99 (MSRP $89.99)
  • Anakin and Sebula's Podracers $94.99 (MSRP $89.99)
  • Geonosian Starfighter $32.99 (MSRP $29.99)
  • Ewok Attack $26.99 (MSRP $24.99)
  • Sith Nightspeeder $26.99 (MSRP $24.99)
Wish I can actually order some of these. Even with the Toys R Us tax, its still cheaper than Canadian prices. :(

SpaceViking
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by SpaceViking » Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:11 pm

natelite wrote:
vpdcus wrote:they seem to have plenty of ds in stock...
buyer's fatique? they were gone very quickly in the previous sale. but i can see how having so many bogo50 sales that very quickly can easily zap even the richest of lego fans.
My thought is that this sale wasn't well advertised. w/o this forum, I wouldn't have known about it.

Thanks fai!

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:17 pm

Yep... I agree SH1. I just got me 2 Fire Brigades, and all the high-value-targets are still available.... wonder who long it will last....
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

brickz
Knight
Knight

Post by brickz » Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:47 pm

Grand Emporium is not working with the BOGO. Isn't it creator?

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:00 pm

When I called to place my order (I was driving and wanted to make sure i got my FB before they sold out...), they said the Grand Emporium didn't qualify either... weird. I just added another FB and was just happy to get them :)

Is Pet Store a Target Exclusive? I swear it was on TRU.com for a while, but no longer there.
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

Nannan
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Nannan » Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:07 pm

Looks like the Echo Base was one of the first ones to go out of stock. Luckily I got two Battle of Endors, those are sure to hit out of production soon.

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:10 pm

Luciant wrote: Is Pet Store a Target Exclusive? I swear it was on TRU.com for a while, but no longer there.
I believe the Pet Shop only appeared on Toysrus.ca. None of the USA retailers besides LEGO have it yet.

Sinfanti
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Sinfanti » Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:30 pm

brickz wrote:Grand Emporium is not working with the BOGO. Isn't it creator?
The modular buildings seem to be Creator sets when City is on sale, and City sets when Creator is on sale. I am not pleased.

adol7
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by adol7 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:28 am

I take it other time zones get the deal sooner. I had the Fire Brigade & Grand Emporium in my cart waiting for 12AM (Pacific Standard Time) only to see after a refresh at midnight the Fire Brigade was removed from my cart due to being out of stock and Grand Emporium wasn't in the deal. 0 for 2! I partially blame you Luciant. ;)
For those who've been in the Lego deals game longer, do BOGO50% or better deals happen several times throughout the year, and for the same sets (like Creator)? I don't know if I should be going all out while it lasts or if there'll be other chances before these things retire, like a big Black Friday or Xmas time deal.

natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by natelite » Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:39 am

There's no telling. Best for you to get the sets that have been in production for approx 2years for those will be discontinued soon. As for the timing, seems like it started around 12:10am usually, even if the promo said 9am EST.

Having said that, this year it feels the retailers aren't doing as well and we've seen a proliferation of sales and clearances unlike other years. At least that's my opinion based on what I have seen so far. PoP sets stuck around long after the movie only to undergo clearance now. But HP and PotC sets were put to clearance just 2-3months after being introduced. And we've seen bogo 90 on sw sets which never happen before and also b2g1 from target which was also never before.

As for sales, tru will be having one more during sep, it's mascot's birthday. After that it'll be during black Friday. But at this rate, I wouldn't be surprised to see more next week or next month. I think they are all desperate for sales now. Have you seen the number of clearance items in all retail stores? It's like almost half the store.

natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by natelite » Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:47 am

SH1 wrote:My thought is that this sale wasn't well advertised. w/o this forum, I wouldn't have known about it.

Thanks fai!
Agreed. Thx fai. And thanks tnb! This is a great forum!

Edmond Dantes
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Edmond Dantes » Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:17 am

adol7 wrote:I take it other time zones get the deal sooner. I had the Fire Brigade & Grand Emporium in my cart waiting for 12AM (Pacific Standard Time) only to see after a refresh at midnight the Fire Brigade was removed from my cart due to being out of stock and Grand Emporium wasn't in the deal. 0 for 2! I partially blame you Luciant. ;)
For those who've been in the Lego deals game longer, do BOGO50% or better deals happen several times throughout the year, and for the same sets (like Creator)? I don't know if I should be going all out while it lasts or if there'll be other chances before these things retire, like a big Black Friday or Xmas time deal.
Why would you do that? The sale began at midnight est. That's 11pm cst, 10pm mst and 9pm pst. You could have ordered three hours sooner. The sale doesn't stagger at timezones...it'd be impossible to program that, since you don't enter your zipcode until you've actually completed the order (unless you're already logged in).

I ordered at 11:10 cst and got the B1G1 50%. Next time, order at 9pm pst.

earl9371
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by earl9371 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:37 am

Scored two Death Stars and two Tower Bridges - unbelievable. Between this and getting the BOGO stacked with 20% off on Cars 2 sets a couple of weeks ago, it looks like TRU has figured out how to finally have incredible sales. If only my credit card would stop screaming...

adol7
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by adol7 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:56 am

Edmond Dantes wrote: Why would you do that? The sale began at midnight est. That's 11pm cst, 10pm mst and 9pm pst. You could have ordered three hours sooner. The sale doesn't stagger at timezones...it'd be impossible to program that, since you don't enter your zipcode until you've actually completed the order (unless you're already logged in).
I ordered at 11:10 cst and got the B1G1 50%. Next time, order at 9pm pst.
I can't explain as I had Fire Brigade in my cart. I had 2 Death Stars just for fun and it came out to $800 up until after 12am PST. The blue Buy 1 Get 1 Half Off icon was no where to be seen at 11:30PM PST. Oh well, doesn't really matter now. Next time.
This site is awesome and I'm very thankful for the insider tips! :D