[USA/WORLD?] $5 off $25 purchase at Barnes&Noble

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
Zeya
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

[USA/WORLD?] $5 off $25 purchase at Barnes&Noble

Post by Zeya » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:32 am

I spotted the following on a deals site I check:
Save $5 on a $25 purchase at Barnes & Noble online with code "T8N9D3C".
I haven't verified this, and I'm not sure if it's good for the entire range of B&N's shipping or just the USA.

(Relatedly, B&N still does not have the Queen Anne's Revenge set in stock.)

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: [USA/WORLD?] $5 off $25 purchase at Barnes&Noble

Post by Ice » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:14 am

I got a different online code in my email thats much longer than "T8N9D3C" so not sure whats up with that. I doubt it will work on LEGO but it will probably work on LEGO books.

r1chard
Knight
Knight

Post by r1chard » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:47 pm

On a slightly different note, BN now has the PotC set Whitecap Bay available (I think since the start of this week) but not the QAR set, maybe sooner eh.

Also, on a really different note, Chapters/Indigo Canada has this promo where they send coupons up to 40% off (the total price) for online purchases. But only 5 percentile will have the 40%-off coupon, and 60 percentile will get 10%-off coupons, so low probability. If you get lucky and got the 40%-off coupon, here's a sample computation say you're buying Whitecap Bay:

Chapters
100 (Canadian Price) * 0.60 (40%-off Coupon) * 1.13 (Freaking Tax!) = C$ 67.80

BN
80 (US Price) * 0.70 (Assuming you have 30%-off Coupon) * 1.05 (Tax for Canada) + 6.5 (Shipping to Canada) = US$ 65.30

So more or less the 40%-off from Chapters is comparable to the 30%-off of BN, provided there's the 30%-off BN coupon which as we all know doesn't work on online purchases of Lego toys, mostly.

Zeya
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Zeya » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:02 pm

Whitecap Bay was also in stock in the middle of last week, as were all the other POTC sets, I believe. But I check for QAR every other day and it's still not in stock. Who knows when they will.

I've been watching casually as I visit TRU and Target by me. I haven't seen any QAR sets at Target at all. But I see them at TRU all the time. Maybe TRU has some sort of lock-down on the QAR set for a while.

ImmortalShark
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by ImmortalShark » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:30 pm

I was playing with the $5 off code on the Ninjago sets and it did not work. :( However, I also had the much longer code.

**Update** I tried the shorter code and it didn't work for me either. It might work if there is a lego item that does not have this displayed beside the picture:
This item does not qualify for coupons or promotional discounts unless expressly stated.