[WORLD] BN.com 30% off USA MSRP for One LEGO Item

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
Sinfanti
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: [WORLD] BN.com 30% off USA MSRP for One LEGO Item

Post by Sinfanti » Tue May 31, 2011 7:38 am

For anyone trying to get multiple use out of this coupon, be advised that their Sales Audit Department are watching this like hawks. I've had orders canceled even though the discount is still registered thanks to using a different e-mail. If you really want to make it work try to use all unique information on each order. That is different e-mail, CC#, shipping address and billing address. Easiest solution seems to be having a friend or family member place the order using a giftcard you provide.

Very high PITA factor, but possibly worth it for 30% off and cheap international shipping.

r1chard
Knight
Knight

Post by r1chard » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:04 pm

anyone (in ON) got their orders yet? i guess the strike will push through today.

starfire2
Knight
Knight

Post by starfire2 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:59 pm

I just ordered the new Hogwarts for $35!!!!

Toronadian
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Toronadian » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:56 pm

r1chard wrote:anyone (in ON) got their orders yet? i guess the strike will push through today.
Not yet. I'm awaiting Flo's V8 Cafe and Fallingwater.

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:45 am

Got my Harry Potter Burrows, and email / tracking says my Hogwarts should be here within 3 days... worked fine with me....
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

beethead
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by beethead » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:04 am

Sinfanti wrote:For anyone trying to get multiple use out of this coupon, be advised that their Sales Audit Department are watching this like hawks. I've had orders canceled even though the discount is still registered thanks to using a different e-mail. If you really want to make it work try to use all unique information on each order. That is different e-mail, CC#, shipping address and billing address. Easiest solution seems to be having a friend or family member place the order using a giftcard you provide.

Very high PITA factor, but possibly worth it for 30% off and cheap international shipping.
I've had them cancel my secondary order using a coupon code even though I used a different email address and credit card but same house address. When I called to query the order they said one coupon per household, which I believe is in their terms and conditions of usage last time I checked. Best solution is to ask a relative to order it for you.

r1chard
Knight
Knight

Post by r1chard » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:33 am

^How many did you ordered?

I just got my Flo's V8 Cafe today. It was ordered on the 21st and was shipped on 23rd, so 2 weeks!

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:53 pm

Has anyone been to the B&M B&N lately? Any new sets in-store? I'd love to use the coupon on the PotC or Cars2 in-store!

drtabo
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by drtabo » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:36 pm

I managed to get 2 uses of the coupon out, same CC, same address, different e-mails. Saved about 40 total$. (Got 2 items at or below MSRP of which competitors sold near same price). I had ordered on a Friday evening, and it went to "ready to ship" that evening, and shipped on Monday. Based on feedback, I feel the timing was an important part of slipping this in perhaps when it wasn't being monitored.. (Ordered on 20th). Thanks!

Toronadian
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Toronadian » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:54 pm

r1chard wrote:^How many did you ordered?

I just got my Flo's V8 Cafe today. It was ordered on the 21st and was shipped on 23rd, so 2 weeks!
Do you live in Ontario? I'm awaiting my own Flo's V8 Cafe and Fallingwater. If I remember correctly, I ordered around the same time and mines hasn't come yet.

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:15 pm

Takes forever to ship anything to Canada...I think you guys still use horses or something.

I've received one. And had received notice via email for tracking# on the second, so mine went through nps on 2 Harry Potter Sets (same address, diff other info).
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

r1chard
Knight
Knight

Post by r1chard » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:29 pm

Toronadian wrote:
r1chard wrote:^How many did you ordered?

Do you live in Ontario? I'm awaiting my own Flo's V8 Cafe and Fallingwater. If I remember correctly, I ordered around the same time and mines hasn't come yet.
Yes.
The first set I ordered is the Hogwarts Express, then Flo's V8 Cafe. Same day separate orders.
Both sets were shipped on the same day but Flo's V8 Cafe was shipped first then the HE after a few hours, based on the shipping notice I received in email.

I received my Flo's V8 Cafe in a large box, about 2x the thickness of the original lego box, and 1.5x the width. Inside are air bubbles in just one side. So guess what, the side with out air bubbles have major dents on it. :lol: I guess TRU is did better at this instance for my MMV. But in fairness to BN, 2 weeks in transit really means the box will get it fair share of handling. The stickers on the box says US Surface Air Lift then with Canada Post green customs sticker form that says Book. :lol:

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:29 am

I have not received my order,too. It was ordered on May 20. :(

This is my second business with BN.com. The first one wasn't that bad.

Toronadian
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Toronadian » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:58 am

Well, my Fallingwater came through today. Came in perfect condition. Odd thing though is that I actually placed an order for Fallingwater later than Flo's V8 Cafe if I remember correctly (think it was a day later) but it came first. Both sets I had a shipping notice shortly after I ordered.

sidersdd
Knight
Knight

Post by sidersdd » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:21 pm

Got this email today:

Code: Select all

Dear Valued Customer,

We are writing to you regarding the item "Lego Mindstorms NXT 2.0" on your recent Barnes & Noble order.

As stated on the product page for "Lego Mindstorms NXT 2.0" on our website, this item does not qualify for coupons or promotional discounts, but it is Kids' Club Eligible. That is, you cannot apply your 30% off B&N Kids' Club Welcome Coupon to this purchase, but you can purchase this item to reach your $100 threshold and receive your $5 Kids Club rewards certificate.

[...Terms & Conditions repeated here ...]

Therefore, the Barnes & Noble Kid's Club Welcome Coupon that you used on your order was not valid for this item and the discount should not have been applied and this item has been canceled on your order.

Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused. For your inconvenience and in the interest of good customer service, we included a $5 eGift card.
They say that they "cancelled" the item from my order, but I ordered it on May 20 and received it just a few days after that. I checked my credit card and saw no additional charges from them. I'm guessing it's just a templated form letter, intended to be sent out to those that they haven't shipped on yet. I need to hurry up and use that $5 eGift card before they realize their mistake and take it away. :P

ThunderFighter
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by ThunderFighter » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:34 pm

sidersdd wrote:Got this email today:

Code: Select all

Dear Valued Customer,

We are writing to you regarding the item "Lego Mindstorms NXT 2.0" on your recent Barnes & Noble order.

As stated on the product page for "Lego Mindstorms NXT 2.0" on our website, this item does not qualify for coupons or promotional discounts, but it is Kids' Club Eligible. That is, you cannot apply your 30% off B&N Kids' Club Welcome Coupon to this purchase, but you can purchase this item to reach your $100 threshold and receive your $5 Kids Club rewards certificate.

[...Terms & Conditions repeated here ...]

Therefore, the Barnes & Noble Kid's Club Welcome Coupon that you used on your order was not valid for this item and the discount should not have been applied and this item has been canceled on your order.

Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused. For your inconvenience and in the interest of good customer service, we included a $5 eGift card.
They say that they "cancelled" the item from my order, but I ordered it on May 20 and received it just a few days after that. I checked my credit card and saw no additional charges from them. I'm guessing it's just a templated form letter, intended to be sent out to those that they haven't shipped on yet. I need to hurry up and use that $5 eGift card before they realize their mistake and take it away. :P
The code is spreading like wildfire and just got posted on a big deal site a few days ago. Its a goner once it gets there cause so many people are ordering it (NXT is sold out now at BN). Now watch them cancel this coupon and make all Lego not qualify. I'm just glad tnb got the code so early so theres plenty of stock and selection.

Karokeroppi
I'm New !

Post by Karokeroppi » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:36 pm

I got the same email as sidersdd. I received the item last week. So i'm confused by this.

I_like_bricks
I'm New !

Post by I_like_bricks » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:39 am

got the same mail this morning... status of my order is "shipped" since mid of last week, so I really hope my NXT arrives soon as do not want to pay Swiss retail prices ($500) at all and 195 bucks is a steal :D

anyone has a link where i can check the tracking number provided by BN? That would be much apprechiated.

Stefan

wei11364
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by wei11364 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:56 am

Guys, this is absolutely hilarious... I just got a cancellation email of Lego Mindstrom from B&N that I did NOT order. I even got a $10 gift card from B&N for cancelling this order.... I'm not complaining tho :D

r1chard
Knight
Knight

Post by r1chard » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:48 pm

So is this email notifications are only for those who ordered (or maybe not :lol: ) Mindstorm?

I'm still waiting for my Hogwarts Express.. I guess there's a train traffic from US to Canada :D

I hope BN will not cancel this coupon until the bigger PotC sets become available. :cry: