[WORLD] BN.com 30% off USA MSRP for One LEGO Item

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
BrickUpdate
Knight
Knight

Re: [WORLD] BN.com 30% off USA MSRP for One LEGO Item

Post by BrickUpdate » Mon May 23, 2011 10:54 am

My ship was cancelled as well. I'm not bummed about that at all - it was a good price, but there are other (soon-to-be-retired) sets on my list that I show focus my funds on.

Toronadian
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Toronadian » Mon May 23, 2011 11:30 am

atmail35 wrote:
ricefields wrote:
MCNwakeboard wrote:Did everyone have their orders cancelled, or was it just on the POTC sets?
My QAR order was cancelled but not the mindstorm nxt. You know the coupon was for a new kids club member so if you had already registered before in the club, then logically/technically it should not have been allowed, but I am not complaining - at least 1 of 2 went through
My Flo's V8 Cafe shipped and I had used the kid's club coupon earlier in the year but that was in-store, so technically it should have worked b/c you are allowed 1 in-store and 1 online purchase.

I may try the printable in-store and see if it works.

So far my QAR has not been cancelled, but I just placed the order late last night. I don't have much hope for it now though.
Same here. My Flo's V8 Cafe shipped, but my QAR order got cancelled. I re-did my order, albeit on a different email because it said I had already used it on another order (yeah, the order they canceled...).

Legotrain1
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Legotrain1 » Mon May 23, 2011 11:44 am

I tried to order QAR again.. If mine gets canceled again I may just get another Mindstorms Nxt

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Mon May 23, 2011 12:27 pm

I stopped by B&N today to see what sets they had in-stock instore and there was very little and no Cars or PotC. There was a big cardboard display with other Cars2 toys (diecast cars etc) but no Cars2 Lego. Since the coupon doesn't expire til June I'll check back.

BUT I'm wondering if anyone has success using this new Kids Club coupon version IF you had already used the older coupon IN-STORE.

Zeya
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Zeya » Mon May 23, 2011 1:16 pm

I had my order cancelled on 5/20. I just placed the exact same order again with the coupon code, so let's see what happens. (Got screwed on POTC preorder and trying to use up my $100 and $20 gift cards here...)

r1chard
Knight
Knight

Post by r1chard » Mon May 23, 2011 2:02 pm

my order, flo's v8 cafe, was shipped today.

1. how many days is the delivery to ontario? and
2. will they give a tracking number, maybe from canada post?

thanks!

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Mon May 23, 2011 2:13 pm

r1chard wrote:my order, flo's v8 cafe, was shipped today.

1. how many days is the delivery to ontario? and
2. will they give a tracking number, maybe from canada post?

thanks!
My last order with them took 1-2 weeks. There's no tracking number because the service is USPS First Class Mail International. This means you'll get your package from Canada Post which is bad because workers are planning a strike this Wednesday. Though, the good news is that the strike has been delayed.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Mon May 23, 2011 5:02 pm

Well my QAR got cancelled this afternoon, not a shocker I suppose. So does this count as a "use" of the coupon and invalidate it for a different order w/ this email account?

I guess I'll wait and try to order something that is in-stock.

Zeya
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Zeya » Mon May 23, 2011 5:16 pm

atmail35 wrote:Well my QAR got cancelled this afternoon, not a shocker I suppose. So does this count as a "use" of the coupon and invalidate it for a different order w/ this email account?

No, it will still be good. I had my order cancelled and just placed the same order (new order, same item) again. The coupon code still works the second time placing and order.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Mon May 23, 2011 6:21 pm

Zeya wrote:
atmail35 wrote:Well my QAR got cancelled this afternoon, not a shocker I suppose. So does this count as a "use" of the coupon and invalidate it for a different order w/ this email account?

No, it will still be good. I had my order cancelled and just placed the same order (new order, same item) again. The coupon code still works the second time placing and order.
Great, thank you. Maybe the third time is a charm. Anyone else feel like they are in the movie "Groundhog Day"? ;)

Order, cancel, order again, cancel again etc...

brixter
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by brixter » Mon May 23, 2011 7:21 pm

atmail35 wrote: BUT I'm wondering if anyone has success using this new Kids Club coupon version IF you had already used the older coupon IN-STORE.
So far, I've used three different Kids Club coupons this year - all at 30% off.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Mon May 23, 2011 7:24 pm

brixter wrote:
atmail35 wrote: BUT I'm wondering if anyone has success using this new Kids Club coupon version IF you had already used the older coupon IN-STORE.
So far, I've used three different Kids Club coupons this year - all at 30% off.
With the same e-mail account? Great! I'm trying to avoid going in w/ said coupon, being denied on my 1 account and having to go back and try again w/ husband's account.

On another note, I just checked my credit card online and the QAR is showing as a "pending" charge from B&N, I sure hope that gets reversed in the next day or two since it was cancelled.

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Mon May 23, 2011 8:32 pm

I've used the Kids Club coupon in store multiple times before as well as using the B&N Card to get an extra 10% off... I don't think it links the coupon to the Mbrship card/email. Sometimes they will ask you for your email (which I try to avoid, or give them a fake one so I don't get "Oh, this email is already a registered kids club" :P

With the coupon in hand, they normally just assume you were a member who was emailed the coupon/discount, so most of the time they don't even ask me if I present paper in hand coupon.

I actually had the opposite experience as Brixter had.... I had used a 30% off coupon online, and then my order was cancelled... tried to order a different set, and said I had already used my discount -.- It was the same day, and I ended up just using an alternate email and logged in as Guest to bypass it.

Do I feel bad about using/abusing the system? Heck no. They put these Incentives there to entice us to spend more money in their store... they work... we just beat their incentive game, so they will have to adjust (which they have). LOL, watched "Freakonomics" on Netflix... very interesting stuff.
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Mon May 23, 2011 8:43 pm

Luciant wrote:I've used the Kids Club coupon in store multiple times before as well as using the B&N Card to get an extra 10% off... I don't think it links the coupon to the Mbrship card/email. Sometimes they will ask you for your email (which I try to avoid, or give them a fake one so I don't get "Oh, this email is already a registered kids club" :P

With the coupon in hand, they normally just assume you were a member who was emailed the coupon/discount, so most of the time they don't even ask me if I present paper in hand coupon.

I actually had the opposite experience as Brixter had.... I had used a 30% off coupon online, and then my order was cancelled... tried to order a different set, and said I had already used my discount -.- It was the same day, and I ended up just using an alternate email and logged in as Guest to bypass it.

Do I feel bad about using/abusing the system? Heck no. They put these Incentives there to entice us to spend more money in their store... they work... we just beat their incentive game, so they will have to adjust (which they have). LOL, watched "Freakonomics" on Netflix... very interesting stuff.
So I shouldn't give them my B&N Kids Club card right, but do they insist? Is that how they would know if I used it before? I might sign up for the paid rewards card this time since I seem to be spending more at B&N.

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Mon May 23, 2011 9:34 pm

Ice wrote: This means you'll get your package from Canada Post which is bad because workers are planning a strike this Wednesday. Though, the good news is that the strike has been delayed.
Your news was making me sweat. My online orders will be a mess if they are on strike :?

I could not understand why Canada post office always faces declining revenues and increasing costs, when they charged so much from customers plus increasing fees every year. Everyone who live in Canada should be well-known how expensive it is to ship a light-weight package. "THIEF" !!!!

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Mon May 23, 2011 11:38 pm

Did anyone order Cannibal Escape and got it shipped? Its the only LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean set that says "Usually ships within 24 hours". All the rest says "Special Order: Ships 3-5 weeks".

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Mon May 23, 2011 11:50 pm

Ice wrote:Did anyone order Cannibal Escape and got it shipped? Its the only LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean set that says "Usually ships within 24 hours". All the rest says "Special Order: Ships 3-5 weeks".
This is a small set. After shipping charge and tax, it is not quiet worth. Why don't you wait for bigger set like, Whitecap Bay 4194?

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Tue May 24, 2011 2:01 am

I don't even possess a Kid's Club card, so if they ask me I say I don't have it on me :P

I was gonna purchase Whitecap bay, but no point now that they are special order. At least you can pick up the ever sale-elusive Harry Potter sets and some of the Cars2.
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

Zeya
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Zeya » Tue May 24, 2011 4:46 pm

They just cancelled my second attempt at ordering a QAR. (Third if you count the pre-order.) I guess maybe I'll wait a couple weeks and try again. Maybe once they have them in stock, they won't cancel the order. This coupon goes to the end of June, so maybe they'll have it by then.

EDIT: On the product page, it now says "out of stock" where before it said something like "hey, maybe in 3-5 weeks".
http://click.linksynergy.com/fs-bin/cli ... -_-Primary" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Also, I couldn't find the page by searching with their search bar (found link through cancelled order). Basically this isn't looking too promising.

Darn it. I wish I could convert my groupon-come-giftcard into a regular giftcard. Then I could combine my two giftcards and maybe sell them on craigslist or plastic jungle for a slight loss and wash my hands of this mess. I love having $120 tied up in bull-s gift cards.

ricefields
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by ricefields » Tue May 24, 2011 5:33 pm

Ice wrote:Did anyone order Cannibal Escape and got it shipped? Its the only LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean set that says "Usually ships within 24 hours". All the rest says "Special Order: Ships 3-5 weeks".
I asked that question to bn customer service and they told me thats the only they would be able to fulfill at this time.