[USA/CAN] LEGO May 3-4 Star Wars Promotion

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
gabriellee11
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

[USA/CAN] LEGO May 3-4 Star Wars Promotion

Post by gabriellee11 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:47 pm

This year they will have the following:

-FREE LEGO Star Wars poster with any star wars purchase
-FREE LEGO Shadow Arf Trooper minifigure with star wars purchase of $75 or more
-Entry to win a 1st edition UCS Falcon
-Some sets on sale
-Free shipping on purchases over $75

I hope they give a poster similar to what Ice posted from years back...

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: [USA/CAN] LEGO May 3-4 Star Wars Promotion

Post by Ice » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:11 am

Split and moved topic from the speculation thread.

Kodiak10
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Kodiak10 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:34 am

Thanks for the update. i wonder which sets will be on sale? Have any idea if this will be going on in the Lego Stores as well?

gabriellee11
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by gabriellee11 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:07 pm

Kodiak10 wrote:Thanks for the update. i wonder which sets will be on sale? Have any idea if this will be going on in the Lego Stores as well?
I don't know what sets will be on sale...but I do know that the promotions will be the same in store as well as online.

gabriellee11
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by gabriellee11 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:27 pm

may4th.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BrickUpdate
Knight
Knight

Post by BrickUpdate » Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:48 pm

Interesting that they call it a "first edition" Millennium Falcon. Bummed that the $75 threshold for the ARF trooper is only for Star Wars merchandise. I was hoping to get the Maersk train, and use that to get the ARF.

popnfresh
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by popnfresh » Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:52 pm

They probably mean the first run, the ones that came with the certificate.

BrickUpdate
Knight
Knight

Post by BrickUpdate » Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:33 pm

Ah, thanks. Also - weird to me that a year ago the Falcon was available for $375, and now it regularly sells for $1,100+ on eBay. Falcon bubble?

L-Man
I'm New !

Post by L-Man » Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:36 pm

Thank god this will be available in Canada, will individual sets be on sale also?

Shijima
Knight
Knight

Post by Shijima » Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:06 pm

I would love a chance to buy the falcon at MSRP let alone a chance to win one, It would look sooo good next to my Imperial Shuttle. Sales wise I hope the Tantive is one of the sets, would not mind picking that up a little cheaper.

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:41 pm

I completely agree Shij. I want me a MF but refuse to pay the ridiculous Ebay prices. So one day I'll have one.

The Tantive is one of the SW sets I rarely see a sale on. I saw one during Christmas, and another one for a few hours, but that was about it. This is one of the few sets I don't have in the current available SW sets and would love to finally scratch it off. I wouldn't mind picking up a discounted Death Star and Imperial Shuttle as well.
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

QuagsireQing
Knight
Knight

Post by QuagsireQing » Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:47 am

Luciant wrote:I want me a MF but refuse to pay the ridiculous Ebay prices. So one day I'll have one.
But the eBay prices will only get ridiculous...er. Unless LEGO reissues the set (what a treat that would be), those of us that missed it are out of luck. (Stupid dark ages.)

I've had my cart filled with some exclusives since Christmas, and free shipping is just what I need to pull the trigger. In a couple weeks time, I do believe I shall finally have my Maersk duo.

Shijima
Knight
Knight

Post by Shijima » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:29 pm

I will not own one unless one of three things happens, 1) I win this one, 2) It is reissued, or 3) I win the lottery.
:)
On the subject of the imperial shuttle I highly recommend it despite the high price. Having said that i only got it since i asked EVERY one in my family for lego gift cards for Xmas. The build was long and tedius, but looks amazing when done.

popnfresh
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by popnfresh » Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:29 pm

Tantives were selling for 100 bux on amazon during christmas, so if they do go on sale, I hope Lego beats amazon prices.

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:21 pm

Quig I agree. My only 'respite' is that Lego is putting out another MF set this year, which ultimately should lead to other MF sets leveling off in price if not comming down a little bit. (More alternatives = lower price because only Collectors and people who want THAT specific set will be after them instead of all SW / MF lovers too). At least that is my theory and Im stickin to it. =)
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Mon May 02, 2011 5:22 am

free figure and free ARF shipping with $75 is now available on s@h site.
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

sidersdd
Knight
Knight

Post by sidersdd » Mon May 02, 2011 5:48 am

ncbarrett wrote:free figure and free ARF shipping with $75 is now available on s@h site.
Thanks. I saw the action to add the ARF and get free shipping. Went all the way through the checkout process and it appears to have still charged me for shipping. Either it's not fully "available" yet, and the action is on there prematurely, or the shipping will be taken off later. I don't recall how this normally happens with free shipping. I'll be calling them later today to confirm my order.

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Mon May 02, 2011 6:01 am

sidersdd wrote:
ncbarrett wrote:free figure and free ARF shipping with $75 is now available on s@h site.
Thanks. I saw the action to add the ARF and get free shipping. Went all the way through the checkout process and it appears to have still charged me for shipping. Either it's not fully "available" yet, and the action is on there prematurely, or the shipping will be taken off later. I don't recall how this normally happens with free shipping. I'll be calling them later today to confirm my order.
If it is showing up at checkout they should have to honor it. I would definitely call them.
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

sidersdd
Knight
Knight

Post by sidersdd » Mon May 02, 2011 6:07 am

ncbarrett wrote:
sidersdd wrote:
If it is showing up at checkout they should have to honor it. I would definitely call them.
Agreed. I took a screenshot.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

agrahmann
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by agrahmann » Mon May 02, 2011 8:46 am

What time to these promotions usually start? And by what time zone?

I mean, should I be at my computer at midnight tonight to get this deal? (I'm in the central time zone)