[USA/CAN] LEGO May 3-4 Star Wars Promotion

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
sidersdd
Knight
Knight

Re: [USA/CAN] LEGO May 3-4 Star Wars Promotion

Post by sidersdd » Wed May 04, 2011 6:13 am

sadowsk1 wrote:Does anyone know the dimensions of the poster? I might make a purchase just to get that if it's a decent size.
Approximately 32" x 24"

oocaleb101oo
Knight
Knight

Post by oocaleb101oo » Wed May 04, 2011 7:00 am

Going thru my dark age right now, hah, but I decided to jump on this deal for the ARF figure. Which seems to be fetching an avg pricing of 25 bucks per fig on ebay. Not that I would sell mine, but I don't think I want to spend 25 bucks on him either. I ended up getting the Lego Star Wars 3 PS3 game and the Battle for Geonosis set since I didn't get that one yet. Earlier in the day it was backordered with a May someteenth date, but then it showed available again last night.

I did notice earlier in the day that I could put the lego star wars ps3 game and balance with a pirates of carribean set and it offered me the figure and free shipping. I didn't want to chance it with them saying i didn't have over 75 bucks worth of "Star Wars" stuff.

If they allow peeps to get the figure/free shipping on non star wars items.. then kudos to you. :D

QuagsireQing
Knight
Knight

Post by QuagsireQing » Wed May 04, 2011 12:17 pm

oocaleb101oo wrote:Going thru my dark age right now, hah, but I decided to jump on this deal for the ARF figure. Which seems to be fetching an avg pricing of 25 bucks per fig on ebay. Not that I would sell mine, but I don't think I want to spend 25 bucks on him either. I ended up getting the Lego Star Wars 3 PS3 game and the Battle for Geonosis set since I didn't get that one yet. Earlier in the day it was backordered with a May someteenth date, but then it showed available again last night.

I did notice earlier in the day that I could put the lego star wars ps3 game and balance with a pirates of carribean set and it offered me the figure and free shipping. I didn't want to chance it with them saying i didn't have over 75 bucks worth of "Star Wars" stuff.

If they allow peeps to get the figure/free shipping on non star wars items.. then kudos to you. :D
A dark-ager that hangs around LEGO forums and still buys? Sounds fishy... But I didn't order any Star Wars items, and still got the minifig and free shipping. It's too bad the Pet Shop isn't available online already. That'll have to wait for another free shipping event, or the next time I'm in Calgary.

oocaleb101oo
Knight
Knight

Post by oocaleb101oo » Wed May 04, 2011 12:32 pm

QuagsireQing wrote:
oocaleb101oo wrote:Going thru my dark age right now, hah, but I decided to jump on this deal for the ARF figure. Which seems to be fetching an avg pricing of 25 bucks per fig on ebay. Not that I would sell mine, but I don't think I want to spend 25 bucks on him either. I ended up getting the Lego Star Wars 3 PS3 game and the Battle for Geonosis set since I didn't get that one yet. Earlier in the day it was backordered with a May someteenth date, but then it showed available again last night.

A dark-ager that hangs around LEGO forums and still buys? Sounds fishy... But I didn't order any Star Wars items, and still got the minifig and free shipping. It's too bad the Pet Shop isn't available online already. That'll have to wait for another free shipping event, or the next time I'm in Calgary.
Lol, okay.. maybe i peer out from the darkness from time to time...but i haven't made a big purchase in about 5 months until now. haha.

sadowsk1
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by sadowsk1 » Wed May 04, 2011 5:32 pm

oocaleb101oo wrote:
QuagsireQing wrote:

Lol, okay.. maybe i peer out from the darkness from time to time...but i haven't made a big purchase in about 5 months until now. haha.
Lol, nice, I can relate to that, there are definitely dry spells, but it makes the highs even better.

super12
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by super12 » Wed May 04, 2011 5:42 pm

didnt know you can be seasonal dark-ager... dude, you can be honest here... save that excuse for your wife, we all know what this is about =)

super12
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by super12 » Wed May 04, 2011 9:39 pm

got my stuff from lego store today... got the mini-fig + ice tray + poster... my poster is 14992 of 23500... seems like everything is collectible from lego.. hahaa

gabriellee11
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by gabriellee11 » Wed May 04, 2011 10:41 pm

Was there supposed to be buy 2 get 1 free on star wars magnet sets in store? Because my store didn't want to honor that...

oocaleb101oo
Knight
Knight

Post by oocaleb101oo » Thu May 05, 2011 6:20 am

super12 wrote:didnt know you can be seasonal dark-ager... dude, you can be honest here... save that excuse for your wife, we all know what this is about =)
Gwah! You're right! You got me. She'll roll her eyes when I start bringing in the pirates sets and new kingdom sets here soon haha.

smilyremhof
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by smilyremhof » Thu May 05, 2011 6:23 am

We ordered the MBA and 2 series 4 MF; got the free shipping, the ARF, and the entry for the Falcon. Got a conformation yesterday that the 2 series 4 MF and the ARF are on there way. Maybe they willl send the poster too. Who knows!?!

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Thu May 05, 2011 6:39 am

smilyremhof wrote:We ordered the MBA and 2 series 4 MF; got the free shipping, the ARF, and the entry for the Falcon. Got a conformation yesterday that the 2 series 4 MF and the ARF are on there way. Maybe they willl send the poster too. Who knows!?!
Poster was with any order, and is not noted, you will get it. :ugeek:
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

oocaleb101oo
Knight
Knight

Post by oocaleb101oo » Thu May 05, 2011 7:20 am

My buddy ordered another round of items last night and it showed ARF on the list, but then he got another email saying the ARF was on backorder....looks like they may have ran out?

cowbug
Knight
Knight

Post by cowbug » Thu May 05, 2011 8:32 am

gabriellee11 wrote:Was there supposed to be buy 2 get 1 free on star wars magnet sets in store? Because my store didn't want to honor that...
The Sacramento store did but it was not advertised with the rest of the sale items there was a tag on the shelf but when i checked out they did not ring up that way so they had to do an adjustment. It must have been specific to this store i have not seen anyone else confirm this sale anywhere else.

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Thu May 05, 2011 11:48 am

Got my Tantive IV today via Fedex (wow, super fast). Didn't have my ARF Figure (which I kind of expected), but I did get the free poster (and I assume the USC MF entry). #1907 of 23500. Not bad. Will have to call them about the ARF.
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

NiceMarmot
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by NiceMarmot » Thu May 05, 2011 1:01 pm

cowbug wrote:
gabriellee11 wrote:Was there supposed to be buy 2 get 1 free on star wars magnet sets in store? Because my store didn't want to honor that...
The Sacramento store did but it was not advertised with the rest of the sale items there was a tag on the shelf but when i checked out they did not ring up that way so they had to do an adjustment. It must have been specific to this store i have not seen anyone else confirm this sale anywhere else.
San Mateo had this deal on magnets also. It was posted on the shelf. But the clerks had to hunt around on the back of their SW promotions instructions sheets for a special bar code to scan to enable it to come up.

chris2348
Peasant
Peasant

Post by chris2348 » Wed May 11, 2011 10:38 am

My Tantive IV arrived and when I opened the box I was pleasantly surprised to find that the instruction manuals had the cardboard backing on them! Has anyone else had this happen???

super12
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by super12 » Wed May 11, 2011 6:35 pm

ordered 10195 on the 3rd online... made a mistake with the order.. had to cancel it... then ordered again...
on the 4th i passed by a lego store and thought... hack, why dont i just get it from the store now, and get the free ice tray.... so i bought the 10195 from the store got the mini-figure, poster, and ice tray... went home cancelled the online order...

you know what? today i got two ARF trooper from the mail... so now i have 3 in total... hahaa... thank you lego!

lukeskywalker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by lukeskywalker » Thu May 12, 2011 5:03 am

super12 wrote:ordered 10195 on the 3rd online... made a mistake with the order.. had to cancel it... then ordered again...
on the 4th i passed by a lego store and thought... hack, why dont i just get it from the store now, and get the free ice tray.... so i bought the 10195 from the store got the mini-figure, poster, and ice tray... went home cancelled the online order...

you know what? today i got two ARF trooper from the mail... so now i have 3 in total... hahaa... thank you lego!
nice.