[USA/CAN] LEGO May 3-4 Star Wars Promotion

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
legohunter
Count
Count

Re: [USA/CAN] LEGO May 3-4 Star Wars Promotion

Post by legohunter » Tue May 03, 2011 12:13 am

Tantive IV is no longer in stock. Backorder is accepted though.

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Tue May 03, 2011 2:14 am

*Highfives legohunter* Nice work on snagging them early.
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

BrickUpdate
Knight
Knight

Post by BrickUpdate » Tue May 03, 2011 3:27 am

I just bought the Tantive, but feel so blah about it. Just an obligatory purchase to get the ARF. The funny thing is - I have a chance to go a LEGO Store today if I want to, and just don't feel like this sale is anything to show up for. I agree with some of the other folks here - TRU has had some of the most exciting deals lately.

Thanks everyone for the updates and commentary!

Kodiak10
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Kodiak10 » Tue May 03, 2011 3:50 am

I think I was more so buying for the poster. BTW ordered at around midnight eastern time and still no confirmation email.

natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by natelite » Tue May 03, 2011 3:53 am

what a meh sale. the tantive was cheaper during the amazon 3 for 2 sale. just the at-ot or the obi wan starfighter is worth it.

slacker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by slacker » Tue May 03, 2011 6:36 am

Thank god I didn't stay up for this. Sale is pretty weak. I may have to pass.

lukeskywalker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by lukeskywalker » Tue May 03, 2011 6:50 am

slacker wrote:Thank god I didn't stay up for this. Sale is pretty weak. I may have to pass.
same here.

sidersdd
Knight
Knight

Post by sidersdd » Tue May 03, 2011 8:34 am

FWIW, the ARF Trooper appears to be an option to select in your cart, even if you don't have $75 in Star Wars merchandise. I filled a cart with the MBA items and had the add an ARF option. Not sure if they'd honor it or not, but it may be worth a try. I wanted the PaB box with the MBA items, and the codes don't stack, so I didn't proceed with the ARF for this order.

turtle1173
Knight
Knight

Post by turtle1173 » Tue May 03, 2011 9:38 am

Congrats on those who took the plunge. The tantive and the dropship have never been that appealing to me. Even when my son and I saw it on display at the Lego store at Downtown Disney, we were both kind of... Meh. Lots of these things are just personal preference. As always, if the price goes low enough, then I'm more apt to bite. However, I can get a 15% instant discount from Target anytime I want (thanks to AAA & the red card). So, 20% wasn't really very attractive to me. If the death star or imperial shuttle would have been on sale, I would have been all over it. But... maybe next time.

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Tue May 03, 2011 10:16 am

turtle1173 wrote:Congrats on those who took the plunge. The tantive and the dropship have never been that appealing to me. Even when my son and I saw it on display at the Lego store at Downtown Disney, we were both kind of... Meh. Lots of these things are just personal preference. As always, if the price goes low enough, then I'm more apt to bite. However, I can get a 15% instant discount from Target anytime I want (thanks to AAA & the red card). So, 20% wasn't really very attractive to me. If the death star or imperial shuttle would have been on sale, I would have been all over it. But... maybe next time.
Yes, 20% is not strong enough. However, S@H gives out some freebies to make up for the lame 20% off sale. We would receive free exclusive minifig, free exclusive poster, free shipping, plus VIP point from this promotion.
Last edited by legohunter on Tue May 03, 2011 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Legotrain1
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Legotrain1 » Tue May 03, 2011 10:32 am

BrickUpdate wrote:Interesting that they call it a "first edition" Millennium Falcon. Bummed that the $75 threshold for the ARF trooper is only for Star Wars merchandise. I was hoping to get the Maersk train, and use that to get the ARF.

Ummm When I bought a Maersk train last night I had the option for the figure, poster, and entry into the Falcon contest... Not sure if I will get them (as the fig does not appear in the cart) but if I do not, at least I got free shipping on a Maersk train..
I have heard people having issues with the option missing in the cart, even though they met the 75 dollar limit.
So I would say either contact Lego, or try again...

autobrick
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by autobrick » Tue May 03, 2011 10:39 am

This sale is quite the disappointment. I was honestly ready to drop a hefty amount of cash for this sale, but none of the sets I am interested in are on sale and 10-20% off is really not enough for me to buy the other sets. Even the bonuses come up short; the free ARF trooper pales in comparison (figuratively) to other promo Star Wars minifigs and the poster is not completely accurate (missing a couple of UCS models). The opportunity to win a single UCS MF doesn't cut it, either.

mrfootball
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by mrfootball » Tue May 03, 2011 11:07 am

Been wanting the Tantive IV, it rarely seems to go on sale. Since it's probably not going to be around much longer 20%, Free Shipping, Free chotzkies and a chance to use some VIP points and Gift cards were enough to make me jump.

I wonder what the chances are for somebody to win that UCS Falcon? How many qualifying sales will there be in North America over the two days? I would go out on a limb and guess that the chances of winning are 1 in 30,000

sadowsk1
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by sadowsk1 » Tue May 03, 2011 12:44 pm

Does anyone know the dimensions of the poster? I might make a purchase just to get that if it's a decent size.

echobanzai
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by echobanzai » Tue May 03, 2011 2:12 pm

hey
i added too many star wars vehicles by accident. and after my first 'add' it had the arf trooper in my basket. then i deleted the extra landspeeders, but it KEPT my arf trooper in the cart!

i still bought more star wars, because i figured now was a good time to buy, so by the end of my order i was over 75 in star wars.

but i did wonder, i wonder by adding it, and then deleting stuff AFTER the arf trooper is added, if it would keep. because those guys packing stuff at the factory, do not pay attention, 'hey, this guy only has 25 bucks of star wars, how is he getting the arf trooper.'

just wondering, because that is what happened at first.

gabriellee11
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by gabriellee11 » Tue May 03, 2011 2:17 pm

My store was also giving a FREE Ice Cube Tray!!!

slacker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by slacker » Tue May 03, 2011 2:19 pm

gabriellee11 wrote:My store was also giving a FREE Ice Cube Tray!!!
so you got a figure, poster and an ice cube tray all together?

gabriellee11
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by gabriellee11 » Tue May 03, 2011 2:29 pm

slacker wrote:
gabriellee11 wrote:My store was also giving a FREE Ice Cube Tray!!!
so you got a figure, poster and an ice cube tray all together?
Yes all of that!!! :)

BrickUpdate
Knight
Knight

Post by BrickUpdate » Tue May 03, 2011 3:45 pm

My Tantive is on backorder, but my ARF trooper shipped.

popnfresh
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by popnfresh » Tue May 03, 2011 3:52 pm

sadowsk1 wrote:Does anyone know the dimensions of the poster? I might make a purchase just to get that if it's a decent size.

i dunno the actual size but its folded up into a baggie that is 8" by 6" and has limited xx,xxx of 23,500 on it