[USA] Kmart Additional 50% off clearance toys.

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
Brickbuilder0937
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

[USA] Kmart Additional 50% off clearance toys.

Post by Brickbuilder0937 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:31 pm

I went to Kmart today and found that all the LEGO sets that were on clearance last week are now an additional 50% off. I didn't see this sale advertised so I don't know if it was just my local store or all Kmarts, but it would be worth taking a look.

ang911
I'm New !

Re: [USA] Kmart Additional 50% off clearance toys.

Post by ang911 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:26 pm

Wow thats awesome, you guys are so lucky in the US. In Australia our clearance prices are usually not much different to a 20% off sale! I need to make a US based lego friend methinks!!!

cowbug
Knight
Knight

Post by cowbug » Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:59 pm

Brickbuilder0937 wrote:I went to Kmart today and found that all the LEGO sets that were on clearance last week are now an additional 50% off. I didn't see this sale advertised so I don't know if it was just my local store or all Kmarts, but it would be worth taking a look.
Grrr, I knew this would happen, I was just at 2 Kmarts last night, still 20% and I was wondering when they would do further discounts. I almost stopped back in at one of them today but didn't think anything would be different. That will teach me to think.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:05 am

Thanks for posting this, I went today. There still was a lot of Atlantis and Hero Factory sets left I got Lotso's Dump Truck for $7.50. The additional 50% of clearance toys is good through 4/24.

They let me return and re-buy a bunch of sets I got in March. I saved another $40...yay! I did bring my receipt and the sets back in, it took a while but it worked.

zaskar
Citizen
Citizen

Post by zaskar » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:33 am

Had good luck at K-Mart today as well.

Snagged several copies of Buzz's Spaceship for $7.50. When scanned they were listed as not in system. The cashier rang them up using the Lotso's Dump Truck price.

The person in line behind me asked if there was a Lego sale. To which I responded, there was! ;-)

jefflord
Citizen
Citizen

Post by jefflord » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:11 am

I picked up a Darth Vader Alarm Clock at the K-Mart in Greenbelt MD. It was the only one available.

I believe the MSRP is $24.99. Clearance sticker said $14.99. It rang up for $5.99. There were no other Lego sets or accessories on clearance that I could find (and I looked pretty carefully).

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:34 am

zaskar wrote:Had good luck at K-Mart today as well.

Snagged several copies of Buzz's Spaceship for $7.50. When scanned they were listed as not in system. The cashier rang them up using the Lotso's Dump Truck price.

The person in line behind me asked if there was a Lego sale. To which I responded, there was! ;-)
I had the same problem w/ the Buzz's Spaceship - it wouldn't ring up and said to see the shelf sticker. I brought it to the register w/ the dump truck and it wouldn't ring in and no one came to help and there was a huge line behind me. I was hoping they'd charge me the dump truck price, but no luck :(

I went back to the toy section after paying for my other stuff to see if I could get some answers and the person in the aisle said it would be $29.99 since there was a sticker on the shelf.

brickster90
Knight
Knight

Post by brickster90 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:44 am

Here in Lynchburg, VA, I only got a few of Lotso's Dump Truck. They also had Construct-A-Buzz (2 of them) for $9.50, Hero Factory Helicopter Dropship (about 5 of them) for $18.50, and 1 Gateway of the Squid for $15. A good sale, but I was only after the Dump Trucks.

Selby-Tiger
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Selby-Tiger » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:10 pm

The K-Mart here had Buzz's Spaceship stickered at $25 but the shelf was clearly marked 50% off. It scanned at $25 so I knew I would have trouble at the register. Sure enough, the cashier had no clue. She asked someone else who said that it was 20% off (already). I insisted the shelf said 50%, and a line started to form. Someone else was asked and he walked off. Finally, a manager figured out that I was right and rang it in for $12.50. I haven't bought any TS sets before, not sure how it will be received by my builder.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:54 am

I drove to a second kmart today, they had the TIE Defender 8087 for $18.50 for my nephew, I hope he doesn't have it! I left 2 others on the shelf (Brockton, MA).

On another note the Buzz's Spaceship was on the clearance shelf but rang up $19.99. I even asked about it but they wouldn't budge and said it was in the wrong place. No more Kmarts for this sale, this drive was already a bit too far, I have to give up to save on gas!

SlickP
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by SlickP » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:59 pm

I saw Woody's Roundup ($18.50), Western Train Chase ($34), Green Army soldiers ($4), Lotso Truck ($7.50), Small Red Lego City Car ($4), the Atlantis and Hero Factory ones and the Buzz Spaceship. One Kmart flat out wouldn't sell me the Spaceship, they said all had to be sent back "damaged". Another one called some corporate # and sold it to me for $11. Strangely enough I found (2) PoP sets that they sold to me for $2.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:17 pm

SlickP wrote:I saw Woody's Roundup ($18.50), Western Train Chase ($34), Green Army soldiers ($4), Lotso Truck ($7.50), Small Red Lego City Car ($4), the Atlantis and Hero Factory ones and the Buzz Spaceship. One Kmart flat out wouldn't sell me the Spaceship, they said all had to be sent back "damaged". Another one called some corporate # and sold it to me for $11. Strangely enough I found (2) PoP sets that they sold to me for $2.
Good finds! What state are you in SlickP?

I saw one set of the Green Army Soldiers and it was still full price $10.99.

glewisorg
I'm New !

Post by glewisorg » Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:56 pm

I got the Western Train Chase for $34, and a couple Gateway of the Squid for $10 each, unmarked. They had a few of the Buzz Spaceships, scanning as "Edible" for $22. The manager agreed to $11 with no problem. Nobody at this store seemed to realize that the 50% sale was happening. I'm guessing the 20% signs changed after I left.

wegj
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by wegj » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:29 pm

western train chases 30$ each
buzz ships 1 at 11$ 1at 15$
tie defender at 21$
lotso at 7.50$
army men 4$

also saw the gateway of squid for 18$ hero dropship for 12.50$ and buzz build for 9.50$

GOOD DEALS!
WEGJ–keep creating!
http://BRICKSTORMS.com Custom Models + Minifigs

SlickP
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by SlickP » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:23 am

atmail35 wrote:
SlickP wrote:I saw Woody's Roundup ($18.50), Western Train Chase ($34), Green Army soldiers ($4), Lotso Truck ($7.50), Small Red Lego City Car ($4), the Atlantis and Hero Factory ones and the Buzz Spaceship. One Kmart flat out wouldn't sell me the Spaceship, they said all had to be sent back "damaged". Another one called some corporate # and sold it to me for $11. Strangely enough I found (2) PoP sets that they sold to me for $2.
Good finds! What state are you in SlickP?

I saw one set of the Green Army Soldiers and it was still full price $10.99.
Florida

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:32 am

I bought a Squid set for $15 and the little cute TS3 dump truck for $7.50. There were about 10 of each other. There was also about 10 on Buzz's ship but stupid K-Mart didn't have it in their system so I ignore it.

cowbug
Knight
Knight

Post by cowbug » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:41 am

Brick & Blue wrote:I bought a Squid set for $15 and the little cute TS3 dump truck for $7.50. There were about 10 of each other. There was also about 10 on Buzz's ship but stupid K-Mart didn't have it in their system so I ignore it.
I went to 3 different Kmarts over the course of a last few weeks, none of them had Buzz' spaceship in the system, the first time I asked for a price it took forever and I had to go, the second them they had a shelf sticker that said $29.99 and said that's what they had to use for the price, the third store I was at on Saturday was just about to close so the cashier said I could have it for $9.99 if I wanted, and I did want. Then last night I was back at the first Kmart again and this time it rang for $17.50. I was glad I was able to get it for $10 when I did. Not sure if this is only at the one store or if they are starting to get it back in the system all over.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:01 am

That Buzz's Spaceship set is driving me crazy b/c back in March it was ringing in at $22 so it should be $11 w/ the 50% off. Maybe it will eventually go to $3 like the PoP sets ;)

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:11 am

atmail35 wrote:That Buzz's Spaceship set is driving me crazy b/c back in March it was ringing in at $22 so it should be $11 w/ the 50% off. Maybe it will eventually go to $3 like the PoP sets ;)
Supposedly the 50% off clearance goes on until the 23rd. I'm hoping that K-Mart will get it's act together and have the spaceship for $11. Some places have it ring up, others don't. I only know of two K-Marts near me and one has LEGOs and the other doesn't really.

I'll be happy with one at $11, to me it's a $20 set so 50% off would be nice. I never pictures it as a $30 set. Just like the police dog car, that should have been normally $8-$10, the fact it's $13 is insane and even at 38% I'll pass.

So come on K-Mart and get with the program. The only bad thing is the TS dumb truck and space ship were not marked at all, so if they fix the price issue they will be priced correctly most likely. The Atlantis set and some jet thing were marked and in the clearance section.

marcusloignon
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by marcusloignon » Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:00 pm

I drove 22 miles to find out this kmart still has it for 20% off.