[USA] Target LEGO Sale: April 10-16

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
legogod
Knight
Knight

[USA] Target LEGO Sale: April 10-16

Post by legogod » Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:51 pm

I went to my Target and the Galactic Enforcer was 70 dollars and some change. Still awhile to go on that one. Target has a new sale this week. Police Dog Unit and Mandalorian Battle Pack are 8 bucks each. It says in the ad other selected Star Wars and City sets on sale. I know how much some people here have lauded battle packs-now's your chance to get some on the cheap. Just save a police dog for me. :)

Further inside the flier, Harry Potter Quidditch Match set is on sale for 15 dollars. I think that's 4.99 off or 25%.

Here's the ad scan for you:
Police Dog and Battle Pack
Harry Potter

Buy now: Target.com

Hope this helps.
Jared
Last edited by Ice on Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Split topic from "Target sale- galactic enforcer"

meyerc13
Knight
Knight

Re: [USA] Target LEGO Sale: April 10-16

Post by meyerc13 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:50 am

Saw one Galactic Enforcer on clearance for $70 last night too. Strangely, this same Target store had clearanced them out after Christmas for $50 (I snagged one at that price), and then raised the price back up to full retail for 4 months until it is once again clearanced. Sometimes I don't understand Target, but I like their clearance deals when I find them!

Transformers2
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Transformers2 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:14 pm

I'll have to pick up a few of those mando packs!

gabriellee11
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by gabriellee11 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:43 pm

The following sets are also $8

-LEGO Star Wars Snow Trooper Army Pack (8084)
-LEGO Star Wars Rebel Trooper Battle Pack (8083)

legogod
Knight
Knight

Post by legogod » Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:00 pm

Well, I went to pick up my police dog and noticed the other things on sale in the Lego aisle at Target today. gabriellee11 is right about the other battle packs being on sale. The weird thing was the clone trooper pack was still full price. The City Airport was 89.99 or 10% off - probably the biggest set to have a discount. I checked their website and most of the sales in store are available online.

Have fun.
Jared

chalous
I'm New !

Post by chalous » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:06 pm

At my Target the 2 Hoth Battlepacks and the new Clone Battlepack were $8 each. BUT the Mandalorian Battlepack however was NOT on sale, still retail of 11.99. So I dont know whats up, maybe a misprint or some stores are not participating.

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:15 pm

chalous wrote:At my Target the 2 Hoth Battlepacks and the new Clone Battlepack were $8 each. BUT the Mandalorian Battlepack however was NOT on sale, still retail of 11.99. So I dont know whats up, maybe a misprint or some stores are not participating.
The ad shows the Mandalorian pack on sale, so they have to honor that.
Also Target has the following $19.99 sets for $17 which equates to 15% off

7915 V-Wing
7286 Prisoner Transport
5765 Creator Transport Truck
&
7978 Atlantis Angler Attack (great set :mrgreen:)
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

unbornchikken
Citizen
Citizen

Post by unbornchikken » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:26 am

I dropped by my local Target and found additional items on sale. Prices are rounded up and from memory, so don't shoot me if I'm wrong. :P

Hogwart's Castle (4842) - $115 (though there've been better prices elsewhere, like amazon.com)
Hogwart's Express (4841) - $72
The Burrow (4840) - $53
Hagrid's Hut (4738) - $36
Freeing Dobby (4736) - $10.50 (50 cent discount... barely worth it)

In addition, City sets were 10% off and I saw the 2011 Airport and Police Station for $90. Most Star Wars sets were also on sale as the OP mentioned briefly.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:21 pm

By the way, I grabbed a raincheck for the Fire Station (which was sold out) since the raincheck tickets allow you the same discount on another "similar" item. I think I'll only get 10% off, but it's handy to have in case I need something else.

I do wonder if they are out of the $8 sets if they'd offer a raincheck that would give a bigger discount on another Lego item.

meyerc13
Knight
Knight

Post by meyerc13 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:26 pm

Don't you have to take the raincheck ticket to a cashier to get a printed raincheck for that specific item?

Also, not all City sets are 10% off. Some sets are 5% such as the Tanker truck ($19 instead of $20).

slacker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by slacker » Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:59 pm

+1 on the Mando packs. $8 and plenty to go around. Same with the police dog set. No galactic enforcer set and no clearance lego items here.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:52 pm

meyerc13 wrote:Don't you have to take the raincheck ticket to a cashier to get a printed raincheck for that specific item?

Also, not all City sets are 10% off. Some sets are 5% such as the Tanker truck ($19 instead of $20).
You are right, I wasn't clear, I took the red raincheck ticket from the shelf and gave it go the cashier who printed me a formal raincheck. The raincheck says it can be used on another comparable item for the same % off.

meyerc13
Knight
Knight

Post by meyerc13 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:57 pm

That is interesting. I would guess their definition is fairly broad. When they sell out of an item they'll offer rainchecks but also offer an alternate item. The alternate items are often interesting, "We're out of this Star Wars set, but here have this Duplo set instead." Uh, really? They clearly don't understand that within LEGO there are distinct sub-brands, and often people collect only within a limited set of those sub-brands.

cowbug
Knight
Knight

Post by cowbug » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:58 am

meyerc13 wrote:That is interesting. I would guess their definition is fairly broad. When they sell out of an item they'll offer rainchecks but also offer an alternate item. The alternate items are often interesting, "We're out of this Star Wars set, but here have this Duplo set instead." Uh, really? They clearly don't understand that within LEGO there are distinct sub-brands, and often people collect only within a limited set of those sub-brands.
That or they do know and just don't want to discount another popular set, so they offer the discount on whatever random set is not selling well so they don't have to issue rain check that people will use on other sets.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:41 am

A Target near me, the only one with them, had them for $71 dollars from mid October to January, then went back up to $101. In that time I don't think they sold a single copy. I went on Sunday and there were 15 of them at least at three different end caps and none had a price. I scanned one and it was $70.63 and none in the back room. I'm hoping for $50, hell I'm hoping for $25, for me to buy one at $50, and then they go on sale for $25 and I buy two more and return one with the $50 receipt.

And I think the replacement set is for an item they have a ton in stock. It's how I got a beach house for $22 once. I missed out on the Power Miner $30 drill for $19 because my raincheck expired about 3 days after I could get to a Target that had 19 of them in stock.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:58 am

I did get a rain check for the Police Dog Unit as they were sold out and I wanted a second one. The raincheck does NOT offer a subsititute, I guess Target is too smart to give 39% off another Lego item ;)

The rain check for a different Lego item (11% off) does say, "choose a substitute and get the same % off on a similar, regular priced item (i.e. doll for a doll, shirt for a shirt). Some restrictions apply (excludes music, movies, and software)."

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:49 pm

Also, remember that the Imperial V-Wing and NinjaGo Ice Dragon are already on sale with a $3 off coupon from the 'Bunny Munny' Target coupon book. This price reduction is in addition to that, effectively $6 off each. I just got back from my local store on Imperial V-Wing heavier, after using the coupon and the $5 gift card attached to the "Build a Bullseye" set I got before Christmas. :mrgreen:
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

agrahmann
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by agrahmann » Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:00 pm

I was able to score the Clone Trooper Battle Pack at my local target because they'd mistakenly put in on an $8 end cap with the other sets that are supposed to be on sale.

They were also doing the raincheck for the Police Dog set, with an instant substitution of the Lightning McQueen Duplo set, down to $9.23. Looked like a completely random choice to me.

koromo
Knight
Knight

Post by koromo » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:51 pm

$8 on all the battlepacks CW and ESB. Other sale prices much the same as noted by others. there was a rain check pad for the $45 Gen Grevious spot but I didnt think it was a great price anyways. City Camper was $16.14.
Lego Fan based in Seacoast Area of New Hampshire.

gabriellee11
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by gabriellee11 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:59 pm

atmail35 wrote:By the way, I grabbed a raincheck for the Fire Station (which was sold out) since the raincheck tickets allow you the same discount on another "similar" item. I think I'll only get 10% off, but it's handy to have in case I need something else.

I do wonder if they are out of the $8 sets if they'd offer a raincheck that would give a bigger discount on another Lego item.
Can you explain me more about how you get the same discount on a similar item? So, do you pretty much take the raincheck with the item you want to get the discount on a similar item to the cashier? Do you need to get approval from a manager? Do you do with the printed raincheck or the raincheck that is hanging on the shelf?