[USA] TRU 25-30% off Lego

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
Zeya
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: [USA] TRU 25-30% off Lego

Post by Zeya » Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:01 pm

I was just at TRU here in San Jose. I got a city traveller and the farmer/dog/pig impulse set. They did not stack the deals, and in fact both were full price when he scanned them. I had to fight to get 30% off. He was saying the BOGO50 deal was for larger sets.

I also snapped shots of these deals. Not sure if they are nationwide. Nite the expirations on the bottom right. Some are lasting more than a couple days. Oops my phone won't let me upload here. I'll peck it out...

30% off Racers 7970,7971 valid through 4/10 (tomorrow)
30% off Bionicle Skrall and Gresh valid through today
Same for Bionicle Rakshi, Parahka, Tahi and Takanuva
Lego Republic Attack Shuttle (3.99 value) with purchase of SW of $40 or more valid through 4/24

legogod
Knight
Knight

Post by legogod » Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:07 pm

What a sister I have. I asked her to check out the Toys R Us near her to see if Ambush in Cairo was around. She went and nada. Been gone for a whole day in Central Connecticut area. The lady at the help desk called the closer stores for her and "lucky lucky" there was ONE left in Auburn, Massachusetts. She had them put it on hold for me and told me I had to drive and get it because I'm closer.

When I got there, the Lego deals were the first thing I saw on the right. There were also three boxes of series 4 minifigs I got to root through with no one caring. I felt a lot of sailors and kimono girls. Toys R Us also has the smaller polys like the green spaceman from Toy Story. Lego games were on sale too, but not the rock bottom prices I like.

Good trip.
Jared

Zeya
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Zeya » Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:35 am

On that note, I'm fairly certain there were no Ambush in Cairo sets at my closest store in San Jose. I looked carefully in the licensed themes aisle. Maybe you east coasters have more of them?

cowbug
Knight
Knight

Post by cowbug » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:42 am

Zeya wrote:On that note, I'm fairly certain there were no Ambush in Cairo sets at my closest store in San Jose. I looked carefully in the licensed themes aisle. Maybe you east coasters have more of them?
Yeah, I am thinking the same thing, I called 3 of the 4 in the Sacramento area and the 3rd store I called did a check of surrounding stores and found nothing. Maybe there was an east coast distribution center that found a stockpile or something. Has anyone seen these on out west recently?

Selby-Tiger
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Selby-Tiger » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:59 am

I was surprised to see a IJ set at TRU, but it wasn't Ambush in Cairo and it wasn't marked down. It was the Canal Chase. I hadn't expected to find any IJ.

unbornchikken
Citizen
Citizen

Post by unbornchikken » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:21 pm

cowbug wrote:
Zeya wrote:On that note, I'm fairly certain there were no Ambush in Cairo sets at my closest store in San Jose. I looked carefully in the licensed themes aisle. Maybe you east coasters have more of them?
Yeah, I am thinking the same thing, I called 3 of the 4 in the Sacramento area and the 3rd store I called did a check of surrounding stores and found nothing. Maybe there was an east coast distribution center that found a stockpile or something. Has anyone seen these on out west recently?
I was surprised to see maybe half a dozen down south in Orange County, CA, but that was probably 2 weeks ago (whenever they last ran a more or less global 10% sale). When I went back for the sale mentioned here, they were gone.

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:09 pm

Still had 5 left at my TRU here in Florida... still have 15 of them at home, decided to pass even at $7 (Why I don't know).
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

Zeya
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Zeya » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:03 pm

Luciant wrote:Still had 5 left at my TRU here in Florida... still have 15 of them at home, decided to pass even at $7 (Why I don't know).
I passed at $40 and I thought that was borderline and felt some remorse at passing it up. I think $25 would be the tipping point for me. For $7 I would buy multiples and well on eBay in 8 months or so!

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:36 pm

Zeya wrote:
Luciant wrote:Still had 5 left at my TRU here in Florida... still have 15 of them at home, decided to pass even at $7 (Why I don't know).
I passed at $40 and I thought that was borderline and felt some remorse at passing it up. I think $25 would be the tipping point for me. For $7 I would buy multiples and well on eBay in 8 months or so!
I was talking about the Ambush in Cairo ($9.99-$10.99 MSRP) that were $7... hence why I passed when I already have so many of them (and with the apparent plethora of them around the country).

I actually bought the Canal set for full price via Amazon a few months back since I was MIA from Lego when IJ theme was out.... better to snag for MSRP than 2xMSRP a few months later on Ebay. It's not the greatest set.... but being a Collector.... (like that excuse? =) )
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

Zeya
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Zeya » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:51 pm

I got the Galactic Enforcer thread mixed up with this one. I was wondering how anyone would be crazy enough to pass up on the enforcer at $7 lol.