[WORLD] LEGOShop.com Double VIP Points: March 2011

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

[WORLD] LEGOShop.com Double VIP Points: March 2011

Post by Toys N Bricks » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:54 pm

Valid March 1-15 at LEGOShop.com and LEGO Brand Stores only

Double VIP Points is back! From March 1-15, you can get Double VIP points on ALL LEGO Products. This pratically works out to be approximately 10% off in savings when you redeem your points. This would be a great time to pick up LEGO exclusives like the new LEGO Harry Potter 10217 Diagon Alley!

Shop Now: USA | Canada | UK

Permalink: http://toysnbricks.com/home/world-legos ... march-2011" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

Luciant
Count
Count

Re: [WORLD] LEGOShop.com Double VIP Points: March 2011

Post by Luciant » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:43 pm

Also a great time to pick up any sets that are expensive, hard to find, about to be discontinued, and never go on sale. Might as well get something back for having to shell out full MSRP before suffering the secondary market.

Fire Brigade
Grand Emporium
Medieval Market Village
Death Star
Emerald Night
Tantive IV
Republic Dropship with AT-OT
Imperial Shuttle
Imperial Flagship
Tower Bridge

(Probably any of the Kingdoms Line as well as I've noticed it disappearing from websites and stores).
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:17 am

Do they offer free shipping? Thx ahead.

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:34 am

Will the keychain be given out only if purchase with star war product?

natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by natelite » Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:32 am

Luciant wrote:Also a great time to pick up any sets that are expensive, hard to find, about to be discontinued, and never go on sale. Might as well get something back for having to shell out full MSRP before suffering the secondary market.

Fire Brigade
Grand Emporium
Medieval Market Village
Death Star
Emerald Night
Tantive IV
Republic Dropship with AT-OT
Imperial Shuttle
Imperial Flagship
Tower Bridge

(Probably any of the Kingdoms Line as well as I've noticed it disappearing from websites and stores).
Fire Brigade <-- all retailer websites carry this now.
Grand Emporium <-- all retailer websites carry this now.
Medieval Market Village <-- all retailer websites carry this now.
Death Star <-- all retailer websites carry this now but with limited stock. get during "secret" promo like coupon or rebate stacking nites.
Emerald Night <-- all retailer websites carry this now.
Tantive IV <-- all retailer websites carry this now.
Republic Dropship with AT-OT <-- all retailer websites carry this now.
Imperial Shuttle <-- all retailer websites carry this now.
Imperial Flagship <-- all retailer websites carry this now.
Tower Bridge <-- ok, i'll give you this. but this just came out!! only a matter of time before it's also carried by the retailers. discontinued? hardly a risk at all unless tlc plans to retire it after 2 months. :lol:

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:18 am

Only one I wasn't sure of was Tower Bridge, only cuz I hadn't seen it on other sites.

We'll see how many of these sets you can get by years end. Ok, I said "hard to find".. let me rephrase: "Hard to find, during a sale." Sure they pop a deal for a few hours on Amazon, or a few back during Christmas...

If you snag one on Amazon, congrats, thats about all you can ask for. Look what happened during TRU's Star Wars sale... Oh, rats! No Deathstar. How about in Canada where TRU actually has them to ship? Available right before the sale... sale goes live... unavailable/sold out... coincidence? It seems to happen during every stores sale... Walmart, Target, etc. I also don't want to have to take out a Credit Card just to get 5% off. Free shipping is sweet tho.

If you can find any of those sets 10%+ off or better without having to to apply for credit, by all means post it in the forums so we can all hop on it before they disappear.
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

SpaceNinjaDino
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by SpaceNinjaDino » Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:11 pm

legohunter wrote:Do they offer free shipping? Thx ahead.
I'm guessing that free shipping won't overlap with this promo. If they do, then I will pick up at least one Diagon Alley. However, I think that I might have to wait for November to get Double Points + Free Shipping. Hopefully Amazon will eventually carry Diagon Alley so that I can Gold Box + Free Shipping + No Tax it.

Medieval Marketplace Village is already gone every where except LEGOShop.com. The secondary market is already up to $130 and will only increase. The item is no longer listed on TRU's site.

http://www.google.com/products/catalog? ... CEwQ_QgwAg#" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(Note: the $92 one is "used" and out of stock.)

Don't get the Death Star with this deal if LEGOShop charges you tax. It would be cheaper to just get it off Amazon.

Timetempest
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Timetempest » Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:20 pm

SpaceNinjaDino wrote:
legohunter wrote:
Medieval Marketplace Village is already gone every where except LEGOShop.com. The secondary market is already up to $130 and will only increase. The item is no longer listed on TRU's site.
Search "Lego Castle" at TRU's site. It'll show there. It's out of stock at the moment though.

autobrick
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by autobrick » Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:15 pm

slisa51 wrote:This is nothing to get excited about. I can get all of these sets at most times for 19% off or better. ... .... ...
The worst part is that in Canada, this could be considered a good deal because the Lego market is horrible here. Sets over $100 are 'exclusive' to Lego S@H and Toys R Us (I say exclusive because I have yet to see the bigger sets sold elsewhere). Lego S@H rarely has sales and Toys R Us rarely has stock online (modular buildings and Star Wars UCS sets are only available online, with stock in the single digits available nation-wide). Of course, that's excluding the numerous polybags we don't get and Lego's 30% 'Canada tax' despite the parity of the dollar...

Hopefully, we will see a free shipping promotion overlap like before. Lego S@H should really make this a permanent offer (say, for $100 purchases) as many online retailers offer this while also being re-sellers at the same time.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:46 pm

Question - if you redeem VIP points earned during a double points period, you only earn additional points on the amount spent LESS the redemption, is that correct? Do folks generally not redeem VIP points during this promo?

I have a bunch of points I was saving for a bigger set but wonder if I should buy the set and use the VIP points on random smaller purchases another time.

slisa51
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by slisa51 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:28 pm

It is correct that you dont earn points on the dollars spent that you used redeemed points for, but unless you are talking about $100 or more worth of rewards you are not losing out on much. No matter what, you are going to cash them at some point, so the difference between cashing them at regular or double isnt much. If you had $50 in rewards and redeemed them now, you would'nt earn $2.50 but if you redeemed them during double its only $5.00 so you really only lose $2.50 and thats only if you had $50 which is alot of points to accumulate.

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:34 pm

legohunter wrote: Will the keychain be given out only if purchase with star war product?
I believe it works on any LEGO product. Its one of those monthly free gifts.

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:17 am

Hmm.. If anyone has the BM Code for March, please shoot me a PM.

That would also help knock off $5. The only problem is if you use that, I believe that nix's out the free Key Chain since they are both 'promo's and you can only use 1.

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:01 am

Ice wrote:
legohunter wrote: Will the keychain be given out only if purchase with star war product?
The calendar says with $50 in star wars purchases.
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:48 am

slisa51 wrote:It is correct that you dont earn points on the dollars spent that you used redeemed points for, but unless you are talking about $100 or more worth of rewards you are not losing out on much. No matter what, you are going to cash them at some point, so the difference between cashing them at regular or double isnt much. If you had $50 in rewards and redeemed them now, you would'nt earn $2.50 but if you redeemed them during double its only $5.00 so you really only lose $2.50 and thats only if you had $50 which is alot of points to accumulate.
I do have a significant amount but you are right, the difference is minimal at best. I'm not sure why I am hoarding the VIP rewwards! I suppose it's better to buy my item w/ the rewards during Double Points anyway since I'd only get "single" rewards during a non-promo period for the lesser amount.

GruetzmacherD
I'm New !

Post by GruetzmacherD » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:03 pm

I am with Luciant here. Do $5 off BrickMaster coupon codes still exist? If so, does anybody have one that's good for March and beyond, and if so, could you PM it to me? I have one that expires on 2/28.

Thanks in advance...

Dominic

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:35 pm

ncbarrett wrote:
Ice wrote:
The calendar says with $50 in star wars purchases.
Thanks for pointing this out. First post corrected.

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:56 pm

Decisions Decisions.... $5 off (shipping), or free key chain ($5 value roughly?)....

Brickbuilder0937
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by Brickbuilder0937 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:59 pm

Luciant and GruetzmacherD, PM'd

Raincry
I'm New !

Post by Raincry » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:59 pm

I'm going in for the Death Star tomorrow. My son has been patiently waiting for this one and now that they are back in stock, and his birthday is coming up, I found an excuse to go buy it. :) I'll take double points on that one. I might even grab Diagon Alley too. Since I have a Lego store in town, if they don't have either one, I'll at least get free shipping by ordering from their store and a keychain too. Thanks for the info!