[CAN] ToysRUs 25% Star Wars or Creator

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
bulwark
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: [CAN] ToysRUs 25% Star Wars or Creator

Post by bulwark » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:20 pm

autobrick wrote:
Hodgeman wrote:Yet another irritating thing - it only applies the discount to 2 items. I wanted to buy a few (4+) smaller sets, but you only get the discount on the first 2... does that sound right to you guys?
Why does it seem that ordering from TRU online is always a disappointment? From low (or no) stock, to not having discounts applied properly or even having sets shipped without a box (they put shipping labels all over the front of my Green Grocer! :evil: )? They should really give their online department an overhaul.
In a way this makes me glad I didn't buy the death star from them. When I got the green grocer the first one they sent didn't even survive the shipment to my door step.

Rather spend more and get a nicely packed one from lego.

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:44 pm

Hodgeman wrote:Yet another irritating thing - it only applies the discount to 2 items. I wanted to buy a few (4+) smaller sets, but you only get the discount on the first 2... does that sound right to you guys?
Yes, I found that the discount was applied to first 2. It was totally disappointing and ripped off. I tried to order battle of Geonosis, battle of Naboo, and several battle packs; however, the order of battle of Genonsis did not go thru. Waste of time. Screw you, ToysRUs!!!!!!

I wish target will come to Vancovuer asap, and I never visit ToysRUs again.

beethead
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by beethead » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:43 pm

autobrick wrote:
Why does it seem that ordering from TRU online is always a disappointment? From low (or no) stock, to not having discounts applied properly or even having sets shipped without a box (they put shipping labels all over the front of my Green Grocer! :evil: )? They should really give their online department an overhaul.
Same experience here with my Fire Brigade. Picked it up at the Purolator depot and the seals were broken and shipping labels slapped all over the dented box. I couldn't even tell if all the pieces were in there. I called customer service right away to complain and speak to a supervisor. After a few more calls and a couple of days later I received a partial credit.

I ordered 2 Death Stars last night so we'll see how they arrive, if they do at all. I haven't received a shipping confirmation yet. I even emailed customer service to request that they not use the actual box as the shipping box but they said it was not in their control.

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:18 pm

beethead wrote: Same experience here with my Fire Brigade. Picked it up at the Purolator depot and the seals were broken and shipping labels slapped all over the dented box. I couldn't even tell if all the pieces were in there. I called customer service right away to complain and speak to a supervisor. After a few more calls and a couple of days later I received a partial credit.

I ordered 2 Death Stars last night so we'll see how they arrive, if they do at all. I haven't received a shipping confirmation yet. I even emailed customer service to request that they not use the actual box as the shipping box but they said it was not in their control.
This was totally a let-down packing service from ToysRUs. Unbelieveable.

I never received any lego set from on-line vendors that used the acutal box for shipping.

Thank you for the head-up

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:32 pm

FYI, I think your Canadian Distributor is the blame more than Toys R Us.

I have ordered at least 20 or more sets (in the US), and have never had a problem with even 1. Every box has came with the items in excellent shape, and tons of air-bags. I laugh at them at times cuz they send a huge box, filled with like 20 air-bags, with a $20 set :P

Here in the states, my devil is K-mart. Never-shall-I-ever order ANYTHING through them again. Even if they sold Death Star for $100... not worth the risk/hassle.
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

strongholds
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by strongholds » Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:45 pm

Is it me or do I feel like TRU is trying to hide the sale in the stores? I went to 3 TRU and only one had the sale sign which was put at the very bottom of the Lego shelf. The other 2 had no sale signs at all.

QuagsireQing
Knight
Knight

Post by QuagsireQing » Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:27 pm

The Death Star has been removed from the website; its listing has been deleted. If only the summer wave of Creator was here, this would have been a decent sale.

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:41 am

My experience has been that they like to release the new sets AFTER these sales.

So as soon as this sale is up, expect to see a few new sets released into stores, as well as a wonderful restock of all the City and other sets that got ate up quickly before the sale.
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

Hodgeman
Knight
Knight

Post by Hodgeman » Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:26 pm

strongholds wrote:Is it me or do I feel like TRU is trying to hide the sale in the stores? I went to 3 TRU and only one had the sale sign which was put at the very bottom of the Lego shelf. The other 2 had no sale signs at all.
Yes, noticed that as well - only at one TRU but there were no signs anywhere - usually they have them posted around the sets to which the sale applies, but nothing. Still got 4 creator sets for 25% though.
LEGO, it's not just a toy, it's an addiction... ;)

Shijima
Knight
Knight

Post by Shijima » Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:28 pm

Same here, no signage when I walked through looking for an AT-AT, which I did not find..

clock4me
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by clock4me » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:10 pm

Hodgeman wrote:
strongholds wrote:Is it me or do I feel like TRU is trying to hide the sale in the stores? I went to 3 TRU and only one had the sale sign which was put at the very bottom of the Lego shelf. The other 2 had no sale signs at all.
Yes, noticed that as well - only at one TRU but there were no signs anywhere - usually they have them posted around the sets to which the sale applies, but nothing. Still got 4 creator sets for 25% though.
Shijima wrote:Same here, no signage when I walked through looking for an AT-AT, which I did not find..
I don't get the point of this. Why would TRU advertise a sale then hide it? Its a waste of advertising money. Do you think its the managers in the stores that decided not put any sale signs for their store?

bulwark
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by bulwark » Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:42 pm

Shijima wrote:Same here, no signage when I walked through looking for an AT-AT, which I did not find..
mind if I ask which store u looked at? I'm looking for one too.

hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Post by hatcher » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:02 pm

clock4me wrote:
Hodgeman wrote:
I don't get the point of this. Why would TRU advertise a sale then hide it? Its a waste of advertising money. Do you think its the managers in the stores that decided not put any sale signs for their store?
It could just be laziness. Don't forget who works at TRU, mostly teens who make minimum wage. My TRU had several signs up around the sets that are on sale.
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

Shijima
Knight
Knight

Post by Shijima » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:32 pm

I looked at the Calgary Market mall.

I went on Friday, the day the sale started, and like Hatcher said, it could just be the staff at the stores not putting them up in a timely manner. Having said that I'm still disappointed I didnt find the ATAT.

SpaceLego
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by SpaceLego » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:34 pm

Is the AT-AT that good? Its $10 more expensive than battle of endor and has lesser pieces. (AT-AT has 815, endor has 890) The figures aren't rare either when you can get them in hoth battle packs or magnets.

Shijima
Knight
Knight

Post by Shijima » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:21 pm

I just dont have any version of the At-at, nothing special about it otherwise. I am pretty dissapointed in the choice of figures, and to bricklink it isnt any cheaper than this sale.

beethead
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by beethead » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:42 pm

Death Stars came by Purolator from TRU this morning and they arrived unscathed thanks to being shipped in the original Lego shipping box, similar to the UCS Millennium Falcon shipping box. Box has a stress crease but that cannot be helped as it would probably happen if shipped by Lego itself due to the large/heavy set.