[USA] Amazon.com - Medieval Market Village 10% off

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: [USA] Amazon.com - Medieval Market Village 10% off

Post by natelite » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:05 am

wow...what hostility. since when was $40 not a big deal? $40 is like a hagrid's hut, dude. plus i rather buy my stuff online and save time AND money than going to a store and do that whole return/repurchase thing. takes way more effort and money (gas money).

trying to discuss buying from amazon vs buying from target is like discussing which mirror image is better. target.com uses amazon's id for checkout too. it's not like it's any different. target.com + RR + coupon, etc is way better deal than 10% off from amazon.com. anytime. if you want to get from amazon - at least get it during sale.

but well, no point in saving $40 for 5 min work... i guess some people are paid $500 an hour. or $20k a week or $400k a month or $5m a year. so yeah... save $40 for 5 min of work is way too stressful for some folks.

meyerc13
Knight
Knight

Post by meyerc13 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:31 am

My set arrived today, box was in perfect condition.

For those who are looking for free shipping, Target has a limited number in stock again with free shipping, but the price is the full $99. I'm not sure what the shipping is on this at LEGO.com, with the double VIP points it might be a wash either way. I just thought I'd post since I know previous replies mentioned that Target was out of stock.

turtle1173
Knight
Knight

Post by turtle1173 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:31 am

It doesn't seem to be in the normal search function of Target anymore. You can bring it up by inputing the ASIN number but it just says "out of stock." Of course you can do that with a number of sets. Was this on the Target website or was Target fulfilling the sale through Amazon?

turtle1173
Knight
Knight

Post by turtle1173 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:42 am

I just checked my order and the item is on backorder. That's discouraging, as it will likely be cancelled now. Frustrating.

meyerc13
Knight
Knight

Post by meyerc13 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:36 am

It was on the Target website.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:22 am

I guess for anyone who missed out on this, the shop.lego double VIP promo will do the same thing (10% off).
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

turtle1173
Knight
Knight

Post by turtle1173 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:00 am

I managed to get one yesterday by chance from the target website ( thanks meyerc13). With discounts and free shipping it came to $88.xx, so it actually worked out better than amazon.

turtle1173
Knight
Knight

Post by turtle1173 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:30 pm

I don't know, this may be your last chance to pick up this great set. It's on back order at the lego store now. Everywhere else I've looked is out of stock now. These came back in stock at Amazon a couple days ago. Now they are down to 13 left, as of right now. I can't say for sure but this may be it. Even if Lego gets them back on their site, Amazon is cheaper with no tax & free shipping.

SpaceViking
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by SpaceViking » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:26 pm

Amazon is now out of stock... only resellers available.

I suspect it will be available again, however. I had a copy on back order from target.com, and they claimed it would ship at the end of April. I presume that if both target.com and LS@H are getting resupplied, amazon will too.

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:15 pm

SH1 wrote:Amazon is now out of stock... only resellers available.

I suspect it will be available again, however. I had a copy on back order from target.com, and they claimed it would ship at the end of April. I presume that if both target.com and LS@H are getting resupplied, amazon will too.
Eh, I do not 'presume' that any store will receive new shipments of about-to-be-discontinued sets. Usually Lego does a last call for new orders (Limited Availity)... then whatever is left over from the final run goes to the S@H Clearance sales.
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

turtle1173
Knight
Knight

Post by turtle1173 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:19 pm

I placed an order about a month ago when they were $89 at amazon. Then I got the dreaded email that they were backordered. Found them in stock at target and placed an order. A few days later I got an email saying there is a delay. That order is dated to come between April 25th-27th. I really don't expect that one to survive. I was surprised a couple days ago that my original amazon order was updated. It is supposed to ship this week. Hopefully I'll get an email in the next day or two telling me the shipping info.

turtle1173
Knight
Knight

Post by turtle1173 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:08 pm

Well, they are back in stock at amazon, however, it is just a handful as currently there are 14 left.

peanut
Knight
Knight

Post by peanut » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:34 am

It's now also back in-stock at LEGO S@H. Sweet.

cstojano
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by cstojano » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:58 pm

I would be careful with Target backorders. I bought a death star last november for 330 and change that was back ordered for 6 months before they canceled the order. Now they have it in stock again. Dirty pool I say. They sent me emails every few weeks requiring me to do something about approving the delay or something, waste of time. My lego shop employee told me MMV was not going to be shipped to stores again, no clue if this is accurate.

turtle1173
Knight
Knight

Post by turtle1173 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:38 pm

That's a bad deal. I ordered a death star a couple weeks back and it was delivered quickly. Now that the medieval market is back in stock at target, perhaps they will honor the order I placed a few weeks back.

atoultaro
Peasant
Peasant

Post by atoultaro » Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:40 pm

It's back in stock on Amazon. 3 Left.