[CAN] ToysRUs BOGO 50% off ALL LEGO Atlantis, City, Kingdoms

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

[CAN] ToysRUs BOGO 50% off ALL LEGO Atlantis, City, Kingdoms

Post by Toys N Bricks » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:31 pm

Valid February 11-17 in Canada only

This week, ToysRUs Canada will have Buy 1 Get 1 50% off sale on the following LEGO themes. You can maximize your savings up to 25% off by purchasing sets of equal value. Great time to pick up ToysRUs exclusives and the LEGO City Train sets! Online orders above $100 will qualify for FREE Shipping as well.
Also, if you plan on eating at Swiss Chalet, be sure to get their Kids Meals as you can get a $10 ToysRUs Savings (for use when you spend $40 or more).

Permalink: http://toysnbricks.com/home/can-toysrus ... -kingdoms/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

Luciant
Count
Count

Re: [CAN] ToysRUs BOGO 50% off ALL LEGO Atlantis, City, King

Post by Luciant » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:44 pm

Wonder if you can order to the USA from the Canadian website? =)
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

autobrick
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by autobrick » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:29 pm

No, you wouldn't want to do that; with our higher MSRPs (up to 50% more) you would be paying the same as US MSRP (or higher!), and that's not including shipping.

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:55 pm

Yikes... they really stick it to you guys huh.... i don't think I'll complain about US TRU prices again...
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

Hodgeman
Knight
Knight

Post by Hodgeman » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:54 am

Once again, the online ordering system is screwed up - tried to add 2 sets (one Atlantis, one City) that were both under the BOGO link, and of course the discount won't show up. Called in, but the CSR couldn't figure it out or help either... asked to speak to a supervisor, but apparently they were all busy... they are supposed to call me back.

What a joke. You'd think they'd have this fixed by now.

:x
LEGO, it's not just a toy, it's an addiction... ;)

vuud
I'm New !

Post by vuud » Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:50 am

Yeah, lego's here are at least 30% more expensive than the US. As an example, the Slave 1 is 109$ vs 79$ in the US. No wonder I take the small 3h trip to Syracuse during christmas, toys are so much cheaper at MSRP that when there are sales, it really makes it a worthy trip! At least, the minifigures are the same prices!

Bricksnapper52
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Bricksnapper52 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:35 am

vuud wrote:Yeah, lego's here are at least 30% more expensive than the US. As an example, the Slave 1 is 109$ vs 79$ in the US.
WOAHBAJEEZS!!! That is rediculous. TRU should realize that they are giving a lot of their business to eBay.

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:03 am

Hodgeman wrote:Once again, the online ordering system is screwed up - tried to add 2 sets (one Atlantis, one City) that were both under the BOGO link, and of course the discount won't show up. Called in, but the CSR couldn't figure it out or help either... asked to speak to a supervisor, but apparently they were all busy... they are supposed to call me back.

:x
Ever since ToysRUs.ca changed to the US website format, discounts were never right (especially with those Buy 2 & Save or Buy 3 & Save). To make things worst, the call centre for ToysRUs Canada is in US. So chances are, they won't know much more than you do.
Bricksnapper52 wrote:
vuud wrote:Yeah, lego's here are at least 30% more expensive than the US. As an example, the Slave 1 is 109$ vs 79$ in the US.
WOAHBAJEEZS!!! That is rediculous. TRU should realize that they are giving a lot of their business to eBay.
25-30% off in Canada usually brings them back to US MSRP.

cstojano
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by cstojano » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:45 pm

Useless all around. 130 for the Lego Kingdoms castle, so 200 for 2 at BOGO pricing or 100 each which is basically normal retail at Target.

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:46 pm

Hodgeman wrote:Once again, the online ordering system is screwed up - tried to add 2 sets (one Atlantis, one City) that were both under the BOGO link, and of course the discount won't show up. Called in, but the CSR couldn't figure it out or help either... asked to speak to a supervisor, but apparently they were all busy... they are supposed to call me back.

The discount is now working. ;)

Lumberjerk
I'm New !

Post by Lumberjerk » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:40 am

Dagnabbit! Tried to order 2 Medeivel Villages but it limits ordering this item to 1 per order. And there's no big castles left in stock to take advantage of the 50% off.

Does the lack of stock on the big ticket items feel on purpose to anyone? ;)
*formerly Mikael-o -- consolidating my Lego identity ;)

Toronadian
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Toronadian » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:38 pm

Lumberjerk wrote:Dagnabbit! Tried to order 2 Medeivel Villages but it limits ordering this item to 1 per order. And there's no big castles left in stock to take advantage of the 50% off.

It's almost always like that with these sales. Annoying? Definitely.

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:02 pm

Lumberjerk wrote:Dagnabbit! Tried to order 2 Medeivel Villages but it limits ordering this item to 1 per order. And there's no big castles left in stock to take advantage of the 50% off.

Oh, it is DEFINATELY On purpose. It's amazing how there are never any 'new shipments' before one of these sales, but without fail, there is a nice BIG shipment with lovely new big sets and the newest releases. Case in point: My local TRU had no Airports or Passenger Trains (and relatively few 'high price point' sets) during the City/Pharoh's Quest 20% sale.... the day after it ends, they magically have a lot of those sets in stock!

Coincidence? I think not.