Barnes and Noble - GC $20 for $10 - Groupon - Exp Feb 7th.

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
Zeya
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: Barnes and Noble - GC $20 for $10 - Groupon - Exp Feb 7t

Post by Zeya » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:50 am

I'm buying a 5891 creator house right now and I just used the coupon code N7K9R7V and it's working - %30 off a toy item, and it counts on this Lego set. I'm about to use the Groupon too...

EDIT: Aaand the Groupon is still pending, so I can't use it. Guess I'll try again in a day or so. :cry:

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:54 pm

You can use up to three giftcards per order and that's all a Groupon is.

Groupon limits you to one, but I heard you can gift them to other email addresses, so you can try that, or just create another account. Groupon limit is 1, BN limit is 3.

I haven't tried, just what the website says.

Unknown
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Unknown » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:46 pm

Brick & Blue wrote:You can use up to three giftcards per order and that's all a Groupon is.

Groupon limits you to one, but I heard you can gift them to other email addresses, so you can try that, or just create another account. Groupon limit is 1, BN limit is 3.

I tried placing a few groupon orders with the same email address and it seems to work. Gave me a confirmation code for each order but says it can take up to 48 hours to process.

hankdelsi
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by hankdelsi » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:58 am

used two groupons on same order with 30% code, worked

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:57 am

Unknown wrote:
Brick & Blue wrote:You can use up to three giftcards per order and that's all a Groupon is.

I tried placing a few groupon orders with the same email address and it seems to work. Gave me a confirmation code for each order but says it can take up to 48 hours to process.
I was thinking about ordering several and getting the PoP castle and the Space Police base for $60ish, but on Slick Deals people were ordering Nooks and things and used a few codes and all their orders were canceled. But BN was canceling their orders, not Groupon.

Zeya
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Zeya » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:28 am

hankdelsi wrote:used two groupons on same order with 30% code, worked
I know the groupon is gone now, but how exactly do you get two groupons? Can you make multiple groupon accounts with separate email addresses?

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:52 pm

Zeya wrote:
hankdelsi wrote:used two groupons on same order with 30% code, worked
I know the groupon is gone now, but how exactly do you get two groupons? Can you make multiple groupon accounts with separate email addresses?

Yep.

Should I get the Passenger Plane for $20ish or the Apple House for $24?

Edmond Dantes
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Edmond Dantes » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:32 pm

Zeya wrote:I'm buying a 5891 creator house right now and I just used the coupon code N7K9R7V and it's working - %30 off a toy item, and it counts on this Lego set. I'm about to use the Groupon too...

EDIT: Aaand the Groupon is still pending, so I can't use it. Guess I'll try again in a day or so. :cry:
Thanks for the code. I used it on Rise of the Sphinx (was 10% off anyway), then used my Groupon GC for a total of $17.54 + $10.00 (amount I paid for GC) = $27.54. That's 45% off.

Unknown
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Unknown » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:20 pm

Unknown wrote: I tried placing a few groupon orders with the same email address and it seems to work. Gave me a confirmation code for each order but says it can take up to 48 hours to process.

Ok I got my Groupon. But turns out I only got one. So maybe it is only one per email address.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:39 pm

I didn't buy the groupon so this is my speculation only. I believe it is one per e-mail account. But I think you can buy some as gifts....so maybe you can "gift" it to your spouse/friend/whatever as long as it is a different e-mail.

In the past you were able to take advantage of multiple groupons of the same deal b/c they appeared under different cities (there have been ones for Canvas on Demand, Bath and Body Works)...Boston one week, San Fran another etc. Perhaps they cracked down with the B&N one.

Toronadian
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Toronadian » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:53 pm

Testing it now and YES it works on preorders for Pirates of the Carribean sets it seems. The 30% off doesn't work on the preorder though. I really need to save up but close up pics of the Queen Anne set, and also The Mill set are tempting me more and more plus now this Groupon...

gabriellee11
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by gabriellee11 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:53 pm

Did you guys watched the Groupon Super Bowl commercial?? that wasn't nice...

Yeah, I was able to purchase several Groupons from different cities that had the BN promotion (one coupon per city). You could also create several accounts with different email addresses and use the same credit card.

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:38 pm

Just signed up for Groupon and 'purchased' one. Had trouble using it, but the says I just have to wait some time before using it (even though it says available on groupon.com).

Do I put it in under promo/coupon? Or do I list it under the gift cards?
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

Akitakara
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Akitakara » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:15 pm

The groupon will tell you to use it as a gift card...

Btw, anyone else notice that they pulled most Lego from their site?

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:02 am

Edmond Dantes wrote:
Zeya wrote:I'm buying a 5891 creator house right now and I just used the coupon code N7K9R7V and it's working - %30 off a toy item, and it counts on this Lego set. I'm about to use the Groupon too...

Thanks for the code. I used it on Rise of the Sphinx (was 10% off anyway), then used my Groupon GC for a total of $17.54 + $10.00 (amount I paid for GC) = $27.54. That's 45% off.

I'm trying to use that on the Lego Police Station (Regularly $99.99, but $89.99 online), and the code gave me an additional $19.99 off bringing the total to $69.98 (making the discount 30% total instead of the 40% I thought I should get :(
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

beethead
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by beethead » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:13 pm

Luciant wrote:
Edmond Dantes wrote:

I'm trying to use that on the Lego Police Station (Regularly $99.99, but $89.99 online), and the code gave me an additional $19.99 off bringing the total to $69.98 (making the discount 30% total instead of the 40% I thought I should get :(
I did the same with the added bonus of using my GroupOn coupon ($20, cost only $10) and Kid's Club birthday gift certificate ($5, free because I spent more than $100 last year and my son's birthday is coming up).