[USA] K-Mart LEGO Clearance

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
cowbug
Knight
Knight

Re: [USA] K-Mart LEGO Clearance

Post by cowbug » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:42 pm

I went to 2 local Kmarts (tried a third that but it had apparently been closed down for quite a while). I found one Undercover Cruiser and one Ostrich Race at the first and nothing on sale at the second. I tried scanning a bunch of other sets that weren't mentioned nothing else came up on sale that wasn't marked on sale. I was hoping to get more sets for $3 but at least I got a couple. I wonder if they will restock these sets at these prices...not likely I guess.

SpaceNinjaDino
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by SpaceNinjaDino » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:36 am

I was lucky with 3 PoP sets. Two of them were marked $3. The section is a mess and disorganized every time I go there. It took me several minutes to dig through the shelf piles. Without the disorganization, these sets would have been gone. I know they had about 8 light brick sets last week. I think someone swooped on all the ones that were on the top shelf and didn't see the last one behind other sets.

brickster90
Knight
Knight

Post by brickster90 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:46 pm

I got an Undercover Cruiser and Fight for the Dagger for a mere $3 apiece! Thanks to this sight for letting me know.

slimninj4
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by slimninj4 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:25 pm

both kmarts near me suck and never have anything let alone clearances.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:05 pm

slimninj4 wrote:both kmarts near me suck and never have anything let alone clearances.
Yeah I hate that too. My mom went to the one that has decent amount of LEGOs but nothing for $3. I really wanted some PoP sets for that.

marcusloignon
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by marcusloignon » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:55 pm

I checked 4 near me, and only got one Undercover Cruiser.....not worth the drive.

roar15
I'm New !

Post by roar15 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:28 pm

I went to 4 K-marts in central and western MI and had my Dad check one in Sarasota FL. Sadly my fantasy of finding a shelf full of $3 Lego's went unfulfilled.... but was able to get 2 Undercover Cruisers and 1 Quest Against Time sets. $110 of Lego's for $9, Awesome. They are going into the parts container for my son. Wonder if I'll ever find anything at retail again to match this discount.....

gabriellee11
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by gabriellee11 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:57 pm

Found one of the Prince of Persia Quest Against Time for $3...I opened it and found that most pieces were out of its bags...some pieces were built too...It is missing the minigures, light up brick and other bricks...I was bummed...

BobaFett2
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by BobaFett2 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:02 am

gabriellee11 wrote:Found one of the Prince of Persia Quest Against Time for $3...I opened it and found that most pieces were out of its bags...some pieces were built too...It is missing the minigures, light up brick and other bricks...I was bummed...
Ohhhh, that stinks. Maybe they were all returns.
MOCpages Account
FlickR Photostream
I post a lot of reviews in the reviews forum! Check them out!

slacker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by slacker » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:14 am

BobaFett2 wrote:
gabriellee11 wrote:Found one of the Prince of Persia Quest Against Time for $3...I opened it and found that most pieces were out of its bags...some pieces were built too...It is missing the minigures, light up brick and other bricks...I was bummed...
Ohhhh, that stinks. Maybe they were all returns.
I also read on another forum that someone is stealing the minifigures. Basically only taking the bags with the minifigs and replacing the legos with catalogs for weight. The person doing it did a really good job re-sealing the box.

BTW K-mart in Closter NJ had nothing

Bricksnapper52
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Bricksnapper52 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:37 am

I hit two Kmarts in Orange County. I found nothing but a poorly resealed Harry Potter set. I peaked inside and discovered that the Legos had been replaced by a bag full of suckers and random plastic garbage. I will post a pic later.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:44 am

Bricksnapper52 wrote:[...] the Legos had been replaced by a bag full of suckers and random plastic garbage. I will post a pic later.
You gotta love that, instead of either checking inside the packaging and refusing the return, or, failing that, writing it off as a loss, they tried to sell it.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

oocaleb101oo
Knight
Knight

Post by oocaleb101oo » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:47 pm

Woah, didn't realize people were pulling the buy / return but taking figures out of the sets technique... that's rather low! .... makes me wonder if any of my unopened sets have been done this way! Especially some ebay'd ones.

Reminds me of a time when I bought a marilyn manson CD and it was the Mechanical Animals CD. I noticed when I grabbed it that the top part looked wierd and had the top of the cd case showing, but I didn't think about it too much because I thought "maybe this is how they wrapped it in blue seal." I buy it, I end up going to the car and open it up and I saw the disc and it was a burned cd with a pentagram cd written in white out on it. For a second I was like "well maybe this is how they have the cd.." yeah right. Since when did Marilyn Manson do SKA?! That's what was playing! Needless to say I went right back into the store and Best buy did nothing for me. She accused me of switching the CD and wouldn't refund any money. I had to go to the cd section and pick up another CD and i bought it in front of her. I was rather young tho, and I probably looked like I would do something like that. Let that happen to me now when i'm older.

-cough- I got off topic, but anywho I guess i might check out my kmart today. Seems i always end up hitting up their store on days when it's raining.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:57 pm

Bricksnapper52 wrote:I hit two Kmarts in Orange County. I found nothing but a poorly resealed Harry Potter set. I peaked inside and discovered that the Legos had been replaced by a bag full of suckers and random plastic garbage. I will post a pic later.
Wow, that is horrible! I'm going to have to check the sets I have in the basement and make sure all the seals look ok. I mean I always try and make sure the packaging looks OK, but could you imagine if you got home and opened your set and found garbage inside? That's really crazy! I really wonder what would happen if an honest customer bought the set with the junk inside and went back to try and return it, would the store believe it that the honest person didn't do the switch?

oocaleb101oo
Knight
Knight

Post by oocaleb101oo » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:22 pm

atmail35 wrote:
Bricksnapper52 wrote:I hit two Kmarts in Orange County. I found nothing but a poorly resealed Harry Potter set. I peaked inside and discovered that the Legos had been replaced by a bag full of suckers and random plastic garbage. I will post a pic later.
Wow, that is horrible! I'm going to have to check the sets I have in the basement and make sure all the seals look ok. I mean I always try and make sure the packaging looks OK, but could you imagine if you got home and opened your set and found garbage inside? That's really crazy! I really wonder what would happen if an honest customer bought the set with the junk inside and went back to try and return it, would the store believe it that the honest person didn't do the switch?
Sounds like an episode of ABC's What would You Do? Young Dad with small child may get discount, but if you had a group of teens try to return it....

Venvoi
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Venvoi » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:20 pm

Does anyone know why K-Mart has randomly been marking down sets on their website to around $5 since before Christmas? They're good sets: Vader's TIE, Loot Island, a Power Miners Impulse for $2, the Spongebob bus(now back in stock for $20..), etc. I've missed them all every time; is there a more predictable pattern to these or should I just keep checking their site?

Athos
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Athos » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:36 pm

Bricksnapper52 wrote:I found nothing but a poorly resealed Harry Potter set. I peaked inside and discovered that the Legos had been replaced by a bag full of suckers and random plastic garbage. I will post a pic later.
I had the same thing happen with a set at Walmart in Reno. Though it was resealed so well, I didn't even notice until I got it home. After about 20 minutes of talking to the manager, I got my money back.

Steve

BobaFett2
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by BobaFett2 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:07 am

Venvoi wrote:Does anyone know why K-Mart has randomly been marking down sets on their website to around $5 since before Christmas? They're good sets: Vader's TIE, Loot Island, a Power Miners Impulse for $2, the Spongebob bus(now back in stock for $20..), etc. I've missed them all every time; is there a more predictable pattern to these or should I just keep checking their site?
If you haven't already read above, I suggest you do so. That should explain your question.
MOCpages Account
FlickR Photostream
I post a lot of reviews in the reviews forum! Check them out!

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:39 am

Athos wrote:
Bricksnapper52 wrote:I found nothing but a poorly resealed Harry Potter set. I peaked inside and discovered that the Legos had been replaced by a bag full of suckers and random plastic garbage. I will post a pic later.
I had the same thing happen with a set at Walmart in Reno. Though it was resealed so well, I didn't even notice until I got it home. After about 20 minutes of talking to the manager, I got my money back.

Steve
That sounds like a complete nightmare. I'm glad you got your $ back though.

Gizmo14
I'm New !

Post by Gizmo14 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:56 am

I just got 4 of the Claw Catchers and decided to scan the other Power Miners.
The Rock Wrecker (8963) scanned for $3 also. :-)