[USA/CAN] Legoshop sale

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
Venvoi
Citizen
Citizen

Re: 67%-75% off at S@H

Post by Venvoi » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:24 pm

starwarsgeek wrote:Wind Turbine Transport and Fun Favor Pack is now call to check availability.
Called to check on the Wind Turbine. It's now sold out. :cry:

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:38 pm

Eh, I still don't trust it when it's "Call to Check Availability".... I've had items I've ordered from them that on sale, were clearly available when I puchashed/paid for them as well as for a day or two after, yet suddenly I get an email saying that the order for that item has been cancelled...

So if you can't trust an "In Stock" item you put in the cart, pay for, get conf # of payment for to be shipped and NOT cancelled, how can you really trust a "Check Availability". Everytime I've called for one of those I've always been told it's Sold Out.
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

BobaFett2
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by BobaFett2 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:01 am

Luciant wrote:Eh, I still don't trust it when it's "Call to Check Availability".... I've had items I've ordered from them that on sale, were clearly available when I puchashed/paid for them as well as for a day or two after, yet suddenly I get an email saying that the order for that item has been cancelled...

So if you can't trust an "In Stock" item you put in the cart, pay for, get conf # of payment for to be shipped and NOT cancelled, how can you really trust a "Check Availability". Everytime I've called for one of those I've always been told it's Sold Out.
Well, it's a way to get up your hopes. Then when you're disappointed, that money you've slid from your pocket to your "spend on LEGO" is going to be spent on something else. Of course, that's not what always happens.
MOCpages Account
FlickR Photostream
I post a lot of reviews in the reviews forum! Check them out!

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:58 am

Luciant wrote:how can you really trust a "Check Availability". Everytime I've called for one of those I've always been told it's Sold Out.

I noticed that too. I just ignore it and think of it as still sold out.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:44 pm

I went to the Braintree, MA store today and they had the PoP Desert Attack for $2.98 and the Ostrich Race for $5.98.

They mostly had keychains ($1.48) and magnet sets available ($4.48)...the sale stock is definitely dwindling.

BrickUpdate
Knight
Knight

Re: [USA/CAN] Legoshop sale

Post by BrickUpdate » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:09 pm

I found some GREAT deals at the LEGO Rockefeller Center store:

Star Wars Venator's for $65
Home One's for $36
Midi-Scale Star Destroyers for $13.50

plus a bunch of Atlantis, Prince of Persia, magnets and Racers stuff on sale at 75%
I posted a bunch of photos of the sale here:

http://brickupdate.com/lego-store-rocke ... nter-sale/

iamFLIP
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by iamFLIP » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:08 pm

BrickUpdate wrote:I found some GREAT deals at the LEGO Rockefeller Center store:

Home One's for $36
I'd love to get those at that price. My Lego store has been out of those ever since the beginning of the sale.

GoingIncognito
I'm New !

Post by GoingIncognito » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:34 pm

BrickUpdate wrote:I found some GREAT deals at the LEGO Rockefeller Center store:

Home One's for $36
Midi-Scale Star Destroyers for $13.50

plus a bunch of Atlantis, Prince of Persia, magnets and Racers stuff on sale at 75%
I posted a bunch of photos of the sale here:

http://brickupdate.com/lego-store-rocke ... nter-sale/

That's some good deals. Too bad I'm not closer to Rockefeller Center and/or crazy enough to make a trip into NYC. I missed the Venator's for $60 from S@H. Would you be interested in doing some bags only shipping :)

slacker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by slacker » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:19 am

I've been meaning to stop by Rockefeller for my Pab box but parking blows. I wouldn't mind getting more Home one for the A-wing.

GoingIncognito
I'm New !

Post by GoingIncognito » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:06 am

Well seriously, if anyone happens to go and would be willing, I'd appreciate at least a Home One if not a Venator :). For me, I don't think a four hour round trip, plus traffic and parking, is worth it even though it may be a great deal. Plus with my luck I'd get there and everything would be gone.

BobaFett2
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by BobaFett2 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:37 am

GoingIncognito wrote:Well seriously, if anyone happens to go and would be willing, I'd appreciate at least a Home One if not a Venator :). For me, I don't think a four hour round trip, plus traffic and parking, is worth it even though it may be a great deal. Plus with my luck I'd get there and everything would be gone.
I kinda wish I had gotten a Home One. Then I would have Akbar. But alas, I fell to holiday sets and sphinxes.
MOCpages Account
FlickR Photostream

iamFLIP
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by iamFLIP » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:44 pm

iamFLIP wrote:

Home One's for $36
I'd love to get those at that price. My Lego store has been out of those ever since the beginning of the sale.

Since i'm about 12 hours plane ride away from NYC, I wouldn't mind getting in bags only Venator and/or Home One.

gabriellee11
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by gabriellee11 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:20 pm

gabriellee11 wrote:The Anaheim, CA store have the following in stock this morning

-Lego Atlantis Shadow Snapper $9
-Lego Atlantis Undersea Explorer $12
-Lego Prince of Persia Quest Against Time $15
-Lego Prince of Persia The Ostrich Race $6
-Lego Star Wars Midi-Scale Imperial Star Destroyer $12

Many magnet sets and small racers sets.

*Prices are approximates.

That is all I can remember. I wonder what they have at the Glendale, CA and Ontario, CA..not sure if it worth to drive all the way to there.
Update: Everything is sold out by now. They had like 50 of each on Friday, but it seems everything was sold during the weekend.

JabbaT
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by JabbaT » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:39 pm

BobaFett2 wrote:
GoingIncognito wrote:Well seriously, if anyone happens to go and would be willing, I'd appreciate at least a Home One if not a Venator :). For me, I don't think a four hour round trip, plus traffic and parking, is worth it even though it may be a great deal. Plus with my luck I'd get there and everything would be gone.
I kinda wish I had gotten a Home One. Then I would have Akbar. But alas, I fell to holiday sets and sphinxes.
You can get Akbar in the magnets. They're $4.48 right now.

BobaFett2
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by BobaFett2 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:23 pm

JabbaT wrote:
BobaFett2 wrote:
You can get Akbar in the magnets. They're $4.48 right now.
The magnets have lower quality printing, right? And I'm almost certain that they are Chinese plastic (Eurobricks topic...)
MOCpages Account
FlickR Photostream

Shijima
Knight
Knight

Post by Shijima » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:55 pm

Ive never bought a magnet set, but if there like the Battle packs, yes it is lower grade plastic.

earl9371
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by earl9371 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:07 pm

I called 22 Lego stores today - sad but true. All Home One's and Venator's are long gone. I did however find the Midi-Scale Star Destroyed in Miami for only $11, and the Troy MI store had the Republic Attack Shuttle (8019) for half price at $29. Both stores ship.

gabriellee11
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by gabriellee11 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:34 pm

earl9371 wrote:I called 22 Lego stores today - sad but true. All Home One's and Venator's are long gone. I did however find the Midi-Scale Star Destroyed in Miami for only $11, and the Troy MI store had the Republic Attack Shuttle (8019) for half price at $29. Both stores ship.
I didn't know stores can ship. Do all stores do that? Is shipping cost based on the same shipping table that legoshop.com use?

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:04 pm

gabriellee11 wrote:
earl9371 wrote:I called 22 Lego stores today - sad but true. All Home One's and Venator's are long gone. I did however find the Midi-Scale Star Destroyed in Miami for only $11, and the Troy MI store had the Republic Attack Shuttle (8019) for half price at $29. Both stores ship.
I didn't know stores can ship. Do all stores do that? Is shipping cost based on the same shipping table that legoshop.com use?
:lol: I had the EXACT same reaction after reading that post =) OMG they ship?!?! Why on earth do I not have each of the Lego-USA store locations to call and harass when S@H goes sold out on awesome pricing.... Guess what my next "List" will be ;)
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

slacker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by slacker » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:48 am

WOW! that is true determination. I've already picked up these sets during the 50% off after xmas. The only reason I would want another is because of the bigger discount.