[USA/CAN] Legoshop sale

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
pumbaugh
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: [USA/CAN] Legoshop sale

Post by pumbaugh » Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:28 am

lmao...my travel time is very similar...maybe we can start a group therapy session...save a few bucks...this is the deals forum after all...

hardtravelinghero
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by hardtravelinghero » Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:34 am

pumbaugh wrote:lmao...my travel time is very similar...maybe we can start a group therapy session...save a few bucks...this is the deals forum after all...
I have to wonder what it ends up costing me in the end if I drive that far on a toll road to spend money I don't truly have. The temptation is so great though. Sigh...

Does anyone know if the store sales reflect the online sales and deals, based on past years? This will help me decide if it's worth the drive. Luckily on 1 Jan, I will be merely 20-25 minutes from a Lego store when visiting the familial homestead on Long Island, but that's only good of these sales begin that day.

Zithy
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Zithy » Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:41 am

I say it's all a ploy to sell Home Ones!!!

hardtravelinghero
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by hardtravelinghero » Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:01 am

Zithy wrote:I say it's all a ploy to sell Home Ones!!!
It's a trap!

natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: US Legoshop sale

Post by natelite » Sat Dec 25, 2010 4:14 am

autobrick wrote:Wow, never thought I would see Lego put actual deals on their website (I rarely saw it updated with sales and only then with Duplo, keychains, etc).

To those who have been out of the dark ages for longer than I have, can you tell me if this sale is an annual event? (Or does Lego have any other annual sales?) These are such great deals, and it was almost completely unadvertised! I would hate to miss any in the future.
it's almost always unadvertised. just keep checking daily around 5-7pm est. for eg the ucs mf was put on sale some time in mar or apr 2010 along with about 30-50 sets. i can't remember when. the annual christmas clearance was supposed to be advertised, but as you can see someone botched that up and it started early on christmas eve!

you just have to be mindful that S@H is hardly an experienced retailer like amazon, so it continues to make mistakes time and again. or the webmaster(s) is/are. you get pricing error for new sets (like ucs ds was when it first came out), you get items for the discounted amount instead of the sale price (e.g. ucs mf in ca which sold for 20% orig msrp instead of 80%), and host of other extremely good deals like that. :lol:

it's the luck of the draw to be honest. i doubt anyone with a job have the time to watch the site like a hawk. perhaps someone here can write something up which will automatically scan for new items added to the sales page or to the S@h site. that way you get to know when new items appear and new sales items got added. those are the two primary events which can lead to a deal score!

sadowsk1
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by sadowsk1 » Sat Dec 25, 2010 7:49 am

Wooo! More Midi Star Destroyers for the collection! Keep up the good work TnB!

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Post by Mantisking » Sat Dec 25, 2010 10:56 am

Anyone else having trouble getting on to the sale page?

funnypeople
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: US Legoshop sale

Post by funnypeople » Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:46 am

natelite wrote: it's almost always unadvertised. just keep checking daily around 5-7pm est. for eg the ucs mf was put on sale some time in mar or apr 2010 along with about 30-50 sets. i can't remember when.
That was their annual may 4th celebration. First year lego gave out posters. This year, lego gave out stickers.

brickz
Knight
Knight

Post by brickz » Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:06 pm

Mantisking wrote:Anyone else having trouble getting on to the sale page?
I can't access it too. But I can still find some of the sale items in "Whats Hot Now".

ThunderFighter
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by ThunderFighter » Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:43 pm

Home one cruiser is now sold out.

jsnweitzel
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by jsnweitzel » Sat Dec 25, 2010 9:55 pm

hardtravelinghero wrote:
Zithy wrote:I say it's all a ploy to sell Home Ones!!!
It's a trap!
Ha! I needed a good chuckle after the stressful holidays and this just came at the perfect time.

slacker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by slacker » Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:56 am

Store price reflects online price. Availability may vary per store. No green grocer, Taj or grand carousel by me.

BrickUpdate
Knight
Knight

Post by BrickUpdate » Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:35 am

I just spoke to my local LEGO store, very friendly folks. No Taj's, Green Grocer or Carousel's either, but they do have some Home One's, a couple Venator's, and a bunch of medium sized sets.

hardtravelinghero
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by hardtravelinghero » Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:54 am

BrickUpdate wrote:I just spoke to my local LEGO store, very friendly folks. No Taj's, Green Grocer or Carousel's either, but they do have some Home One's, a couple Venator's, and a bunch of medium sized sets.
Yes, but are they already on sale, or not till 1 Jan or are stores even open New Year's Day?

slacker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by slacker » Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:06 am

The store by me opened at 7am. And yes, the sale is on now.

tracer
I'm New !

Post by tracer » Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:12 am

You guys in the US are lucky. The entire sale page is sold out and there is only one official lego store in the Country, and it's a short plane ride away!

BrickUpdate
Knight
Knight

Post by BrickUpdate » Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:40 am

I just got back from my local LEGO Store. I posted a bunch of photos of the sale pile on my blog:

http://brickupdate.com/lego-store-day-a ... le-50-off/

They had a few Venators, but they went quickly, as did one other smaller Clone set. The rest were pretty plentiful. There was a line for awhile, but it quieted down. I bought a Home One, a few Clone battle packs, the two smallest Kingdom sets, and the Pirate Tank.

Great sale, I was tempted to buy much more, but I'm getting excited about the 2011 sets.

oocaleb101oo
Knight
Knight

Post by oocaleb101oo » Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:28 am

Lol, woulda loved to have had series 2 minifigures for .98 cents.

mah4546
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by mah4546 » Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:54 am

I was able to grab quite a few sets on the online sale as I checked right when it started, and went by my local LEGO store today and got quite a few more sets that weren't even discounted online! I picked up the Lamborgini Polizia (8214) and Technic Container Truck (8052) for half off, and some other assorted sets.

This is the best LEGO sale I've seen in years.

oocaleb101oo
Knight
Knight

Post by oocaleb101oo » Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:16 am

I ended up buying 3 magnet sets from Lego.com. The 2 star wars and one pirate one. I goofed though. I see that my regions bank card offers a 10% cashback on purchases via the store or lego.com. So I used it on lego.com but i didn't see that I had to go through the regions website...oops. Perhaps i can call and get my 2.90 cents as a cashback haha... it's not much but that's at least worth 2 mcdoubles and...half a value fry