[USA/CAN] Legoshop sale

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: [USA/CAN] Legoshop sale

Post by natelite » Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:44 pm

mah4546 wrote: This is a clearance sale. The items, for the most part, won't be back in stock.
it can happen. order got messed up and got canceled. i had that happen to me once when my pick-a-brick order was delayed for some reason. the entire order got canceled. :x i never order sales item with pab from then on.

ThunderFighter
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by ThunderFighter » Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:50 pm

When did this sale start? Most of the goodies are sold out. :(

cstojano
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by cstojano » Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:54 pm

ThunderFighter wrote:When did this sale start? Most of the goodies are sold out. :(
Several were sold out weeks ago, green grocer and the Kingdoms advent calendar are both good examples of that. Not sure what is going on.

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:05 pm

ThunderFighter wrote:When did this sale start? Most of the goodies are sold out. :(
The North America sale may have started the same time as UK. The UK sale started on December 25 midnight which is equivalent to December 24 - 4:00 pm PST or 7:00 pm EST.

autobrick
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: US Legoshop sale

Post by autobrick » Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:11 pm

Wow, never thought I would see Lego put actual deals on their website (I rarely saw it updated with sales and only then with Duplo, keychains, etc).

To those who have been out of the dark ages for longer than I have, can you tell me if this sale is an annual event? (Or does Lego have any other annual sales?) These are such great deals, and it was almost completely unadvertised! I would hate to miss any in the future.

As for my order, I did miss out on some sets, but I am happy with what I got (as long as the order doesn't get cancelled). Merry Christmas, indeed!

Happy holidays everyone!

chicagorando
Peasant
Peasant

Post by chicagorando » Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:38 pm

Wow! I just came out of the dark ages this year and had no idea Lego would discount so many sets at once. I was with family this evening and totally missed out! If I had known I would have camped out at my computer at 7pm EST because nearly everything is sold out now. Will the Lego stores be running the same deals or is this just an online thing? I really wanted to buy a farm set!

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:26 pm

autobrick wrote:To those who have been out of the dark ages for longer than I have, can you tell me if this sale is an annual event? (Or does Lego have any other annual sales?) These are such great deals, and it was almost completely unadvertised! I would hate to miss any in the future.
LEGOShop.com did have something similar last year. I don't think they had as much items discounted back then though due to the weekly phone specials. Also, the discounts were only 25% off.
autobrick wrote: As for my order, I did miss out on some sets, but I am happy with what I got (as long as the order doesn't get cancelled).
Like what the others said, most of the items were "sold out" before they even went on sale (same thing happened last year) so you didn't miss much. ;)
chicagorando wrote:Will the Lego stores be running the same deals or is this just an online thing? I really wanted to buy a farm set!
LEGO Stores will have a January sale as stated in their January 2011 Calendar.

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:38 pm

Don't forget to click on our banner first when making a purchase and be sure to add coupon code (USA only) BR120 to save an extra $5 with purchases above $20.

Shijima
Knight
Knight

Post by Shijima » Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:07 pm

Your only talking about the coupon code for the USA right? If I click on the banner from a Canadian IP it will still benefit Toysnbricks right?

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:11 pm

Shijima wrote:Your only talking about the coupon code for the USA right? If I click on the banner from a Canadian IP it will still benefit Toysnbricks right?
Yes the coupon code is only for USA. For this banner, it works regardless if your from Canada or USA.

EDIT: This banner only works for USA and will not work for Canada as they are based in different regions. So no, it does not work for Canada. Sorry for any confusion this may have caused.

bluemitch
Citizen
Citizen

Post by bluemitch » Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:28 pm

Everything is getting sold out fast. Pig farm, city house, tie defender are sold out now. Get them now before all the good stuff is gone!!

mrfootball
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by mrfootball » Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:31 pm

Got the Star Destroyer for $19.95! Great price! Thanks for the heads up!

PS - did anyone get a Venator or where those already sold out before the markdown?

hardtravelinghero
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by hardtravelinghero » Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:32 pm

I imagine all the 210 sets in Sales and Deals were slated for the sale before all such items sold out and for whatever reason they didn't get deleted before the sale actually began. For all we know, they chose these sets for markdown months ago, knowing they'd need lots of warehouse space for the 2011 products. It seems the new years sets start coming earlier and earlier each year, especially to TRU.

I was thinking it wouldn't begin for the US till midnight EST, but luckily I checked my RSS feed and saw the news here. Now, four or five hours later, only one other Lego news site seems to have caught on to the sale. TnB is the awesome.

bluemitch
Citizen
Citizen

Post by bluemitch » Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:33 pm

mrfootball wrote: PS - did anyone get a Venator or where those already sold out before the markdown?
I think that was sold out before the markdown. Tie defender, count dooku solar sailer and star destroyer were the only SW sets that were not sold out before the markdown.

stevenli
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by stevenli » Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:47 pm

AT-AT was available.

Shijima
Knight
Knight

Post by Shijima » Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:55 pm

I never saw AT-AT but did see Tie Defender which is now sold out as well. Most of these were sold out before being on sale I'm sure. I did manage to jump on a backorder for count dooku solar sailer, which I wasen't overly interested in, but for half price, I wouldent mind a magna guard or two, and I dont have a Dooku, so it works out.

Theres quite a few sets I saw available, like the pig farm, but waited until after turkey dinnner to order and was too late to get them, so instead I ordered a few of the farmer with pig and dog impulse sets, and a jester as well.

$60 shipped for Solar sailer, 4 pig impulse and a jester impulse, isnt too bad, could have been better though.

legogeek
Knight
Knight

Post by legogeek » Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:28 am

Lego may have added more stuff. Shows up as 213 items now instead of 210. The fun favor pack could be one of the new sales items. For $10, you get 8 mini polybag sets and LegoLand coupons. Good deal!

hardtravelinghero
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by hardtravelinghero » Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:30 am

legogeek wrote:Lego may have added more stuff. Shows up as 213 items now instead of 210. The fun favor pack could be one of the new sales items. For $10, you get 8 mini polybag sets and LegoLand coupons. Good deal!
I'm still seeing 210. I plan to keep checking every so often to see if anything gets added.

pumbaugh
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by pumbaugh » Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:33 am

Does anyone think instore sales will start day after xmas instead of Jan 1 on their calendar? I could pack up and make the drive sunday, but its a long drive if I do not have to....

hardtravelinghero
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by hardtravelinghero » Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:41 am

pumbaugh wrote:Does anyone think instore sales will start day after xmas instead of Jan 1 on their calendar? I could pack up and make the drive sunday, but its a long drive if I do not have to....
I too wonder this. Does anyone know what's happened in previous years regarding in-store sales? I'm dying for a Space Police Jail at $40.

My nearest Lego store is outside of Phili, I think. About 1.5 hours. Does that mean I need therapy?