[USA] Amazon.com LEGO Deals – Up to 56.5% off

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
Locked
calvinwashere2
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen
Posts: 111
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:19 pm

Re: [USA] Amazon.com LEGO Deals – Up to 56.5% off

Post by calvinwashere2 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:25 am

Zeus wrote:
calvinwashere2 wrote:I don't think this is posted yet...here's the LEGO Basic Bricks Big Bulk Set - 576 Pieces (9251) for 38.95 (fulfilled by Amazon), which is 41% off list. This is from the Lego Education division which doesn't see very many sales and you get a nice box to store all the pieces in. Good way to build up your collection if you're looking for additional pieces.

Image

http://www.amazon.com/gp/redirect.html? ... ative=9325
I cannot figure out the bulk brick sets. Why get this one at that price instead of 6177 which has more pieces and is normally around $40? Does anyone on here buy these bulk brick sets and can shed some light on the matter? Is it just the colors that drive one set vs another?
My guess is that the education sets have multiples of each color, enough that a few kids can all have equal number of pieces to play and build without fighting over unique pieces. They also come with standardized size containers so that it makes for stacking/storing the pieces easier. The education sets tend to be more expensive for that reason and also because it's a smaller distribution so they can charge more for it.

BTW, for those who bought the LEGO Prince of Persia Quest Against Time (7572) set at the $29.00 price and now it's available for $24.00, you can contact Amazon and ask for the price difference, IF your order hasn't shipped. Generally, if you are nice and even though their policy says they don't price adjust, if it hasn't shipped they will at least give you some price break when they review your request. You can always ask and at most they say no, right? ;)

User avatar
Brickbuilder0937
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator
Posts: 1187
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:41 pm
Location: Colorado, USA

Re: [USA] Amazon.com LEGO Deals – Up to 56.5% off

Post by Brickbuilder0937 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:15 am

Zeus wrote:
calvinwashere2 wrote:I don't think this is posted yet...here's the LEGO Basic Bricks Big Bulk Set - 576 Pieces (9251) for 38.95 (fulfilled by Amazon), which is 41% off list. This is from the Lego Education division which doesn't see very many sales and you get a nice box to store all the pieces in. Good way to build up your collection if you're looking for additional pieces.

Image

http://www.amazon.com/gp/redirect.html? ... ative=9325
I cannot figure out the bulk brick sets. Why get this one at that price instead of 6177 which has more pieces and is normally around $40? Does anyone on here buy these bulk brick sets and can shed some light on the matter? Is it just the colors that drive one set vs another?
Two things: First this set originally retailed for $25-$30, it's been discontinued now for a few years (thus the high price). Second, this set has nothing smaller than a 2x2 so it's going to be a little higher priced than most bulk sets.

Eddy976
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen
Posts: 126
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:52 am

Re: [USA] Amazon.com LEGO Deals – Up to 56.5% off

Post by Eddy976 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:51 pm

Is the Amazon site down? I can't seem to access it.

User avatar
toystest
Knight
Knight
Posts: 410
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:20 am

Re: [USA] Amazon.com LEGO Deals – Up to 56.5% off

Post by toystest » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:32 pm

Eddy976 wrote:Is the Amazon site down? I can't seem to access it.
amazon is working for me, however the BOGO50% deal is no longer active.

Eddy976
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen
Posts: 126
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:52 am

Re: [USA] Amazon.com LEGO Deals – Up to 56.5% off

Post by Eddy976 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:36 pm

Its working again for me now. Thanks.

Sucks the bogo is over. :(

User avatar
BrickUpdate
Knight
Knight
Posts: 314
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:11 pm
Contact:

Re: [USA] Amazon.com LEGO Deals – Up to 56.5% off

Post by BrickUpdate » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:17 pm

I for one am happy this deal is over. It was bleeding my wallet dry!

slimninj4
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen
Posts: 160
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:10 pm
Location: Washington DC

Re: [USA] Amazon.com LEGO Deals – Up to 56.5% off

Post by slimninj4 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:38 pm

24 plus a discount. GREAT. I just got 3 of them. plus a moleskin book for 72$ shipped. These will make great presents this coming year for bdays.

Ice
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 2281
Joined: Thu May 21, 2009 9:47 pm

Re: [USA] Amazon.com LEGO Deals – Up to 56.5% off

Post by Ice » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:45 pm

Please view this topic for the current sales going on. Although the BOGO 50% off offer is now over, there are still some great deals (that were not in the BOGO) like Battle of Endor, Trash Compactor Escape, and Monster 4.

Last day for FREE Shipping and to get your order before Christmas is on December 19!

User avatar
Brickbuilder0937
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator
Posts: 1187
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:41 pm
Location: Colorado, USA

Re: [USA] Amazon.com LEGO Deals – Up to 56.5% off

Post by Brickbuilder0937 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:02 pm

BrickUpdate wrote:I for one am happy this deal is over. It was bleeding my wallet dry!
Same here. The next big thing will be the end of the year clearance at LEGO S@H in two weeks. :roll:

calvinwashere2
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen
Posts: 111
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:19 pm

Re: [USA] Amazon.com LEGO Deals – Up to 56.5% off

Post by calvinwashere2 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:16 pm

Brickbuilder0937 wrote:
BrickUpdate wrote:I for one am happy this deal is over. It was bleeding my wallet dry!
Same here. The next big thing will be the end of the year clearance at LEGO S@H in two weeks. :roll:
AKA reliving childhood through one set at a time... :lol:

User avatar
toystest
Knight
Knight
Posts: 410
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:20 am

Re: [USA] Amazon.com LEGO Deals – Up to 56.5% off

Post by toystest » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:46 pm

BrickUpdate wrote:I for one am happy this deal is over. It was bleeding my wallet dry!
ditto, I would have spend 200+ dollars again today ;)

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests