[USA] Kingdoms King's Castle 7946 for $69.99 @ Amazon

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
calvinwashere2
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

[USA] Kingdoms King's Castle 7946 for $69.99 @ Amazon

Post by calvinwashere2 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:35 am

Good price for a nice set. These castle sets go up in price quite a bit once they are discontinued.

http://goo.gl/DzB4G

It's available now at Amazon for $69.99 with free shipping. Spend $75 or more on toys and they'll also throw in a FREE Gund teddy bear. Who doesn't love a free teddy bear. :lol:

BogaGrip
I'm New !

Re: [USA] Kingdoms King's Castle 7946 for $69.99 @ Amazon

Post by BogaGrip » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:51 am

Just bought it and completed the Kingdoms set, minus the two small sets not available in the US. Also used a $25 gift card I had and walked away with 44.99 in damage, no tax and free shipping. Should be here between the 8th and 10th according to order details. Glad TRU sold out at $84.99 and I was forced to wait... :lol:

calvinwashere2
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by calvinwashere2 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:56 am

Nice! I'm thinking I should get another castle set and double the size of the castle. Definitely much cheaper than doubling the size of a REAL castle. :lol:

I wonder if Lego will make a green forces castle at some point in the future, it would make a great compliment to this awesome set.

Back to the deal, I think this should be good for at least until Monday but it could be limited to stock on hand. I bought this at the Lego retail store just last month because I didn't want to chance it and miss out on it before it discontinues though I'm probably a year ahead of that...opps.

BogaGrip
I'm New !

Post by BogaGrip » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:08 am

calvinwashere2 wrote:Nice! I'm thinking I should get another castle set and double the size of the castle. Definitely much cheaper than doubling the size of a REAL castle. :lol:

I wonder if Lego will make a green forces castle at some point in the future, it would make a great compliment to this awesome set.

Back to the deal, I think this should be good for at least until Monday but it could be limited to stock on hand. I bought this at the Lego retail store just last month because I didn't want to chance it and miss out on it before it discontinues though I'm probably a year ahead of that...opps.
Don't know, that is what I am hoping for, as it currently stands the Prison Tower is the only structure for the green kingdom. Thought about getting two, and doubling the size of the castle, don't think it would be to hard, but am now kicking around the idea of getting the medieval village so we can wreak havoc on the peasants. Just need to find it on sale for cheaper than $100

calvinwashere2
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by calvinwashere2 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:18 am

BogaGrip wrote: Don't know, that is what I am hoping for, as it currently stands the Prison Tower is the only structure for the green kingdom. Thought about getting two, and doubling the size of the castle, don't think it would be to hard, but am now kicking around the idea of getting the medieval village so we can wreak havoc on the peasants. Just need to find it on sale for cheaper than $100
Yeah, I picked up a prison rescue from TRU with the BOGO 50% off on 2nd set to use later for building in that theme with all those dark color bricks. I definitely would recommend picking up the medieval village set sooner than later since there's a good chance it may get discontinued in the new year. This set has been out awhile now and it's got a lot of nice pieces (variety and color) so you can do quite a bit with it. Your best bet is a BOGO 50% off at one of the retailers or from Lego now with 10% off on orders over $149 (you know you can find some excuse to spend at least that much).

BogaGrip
I'm New !

Post by BogaGrip » Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:25 pm

calvinwashere2 wrote:
BogaGrip wrote: Don't know, that is what I am hoping for, as it currently stands the Prison Tower is the only structure for the green kingdom. Thought about getting two, and doubling the size of the castle, don't think it would be to hard, but am now kicking around the idea of getting the medieval village so we can wreak havoc on the peasants. Just need to find it on sale for cheaper than $100
Yeah, I picked up a prison rescue from TRU with the BOGO 50% off on 2nd set to use later for building in that theme with all those dark color bricks. I definitely would recommend picking up the medieval village set sooner than later since there's a good chance it may get discontinued in the new year. This set has been out awhile now and it's got a lot of nice pieces (variety and color) so you can do quite a bit with it. Your best bet is a BOGO 50% off at one of the retailers or from Lego now with 10% off on orders over $149 (you know you can find some excuse to spend at least that much).
After much thought,I pulled the trigger on the Market, used my last 25 gift card for amazon, and walked away 74.99 lighter in the wallet, but 1600+ bricks richer. Free shipping and no tax... Priced it at Target and even with the $10 off coupon card was still looking at tax, and the amazon gift card was sitting heavy. Done with my lego shopping for the holidays, almost feel bad in that these sets will get built, but that is was they were meant for; right? Thinking about keeping the Market in the box out of young eyes and see how that goes given an imminent retirement. We have a large train table that we set-up and play on with storage underneath. Transitioning from a city/farm theme currently and I will break that down over the next couple weeks and bag it individually with the instructions and store in the drawers.

Lego really needs to come out with an epic Dragon (green) Kingdom set to make this not so new theme complete imo, at-least for a first generation issue. Similar to the Daigon alley with the HP Hogwarts, 1200+ pieces and a real gem. As it stands now the Green guys are getting the short end of the brick-stack. Had a couple old-school Castle sets back in the 80's, and most of the pieces and figs are still in our bins, so it is just fitting I pass the next generation down to my son.

My mom also got me the Shuttle Adventure set for X-Mas, only thing on my list. Growing up in Brevard County and seeing countless launches left no doubt that was want I wanted as the shuttle program retires. That set will not be opened, period, and just sit for all to admire wondering what if. Chris

BogaGrip
I'm New !

Post by BogaGrip » Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:52 pm

Just wanted to add, Target is sold out of the Castle, so for those wanting to add, Amazon is the only game at $69.99, and that may not last for long!!!
castle.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BogaGrip
I'm New !

Post by BogaGrip » Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:52 pm

Sale is over, back to the regularly scheduled pricing...
Capture4.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

toystest
Knight
Knight

Post by toystest » Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:27 am

I got this one yesterday along with the knight's showdown set and the free teddy bear.