[USA] Toysrus Doorbusters 11/12 - 11/13 only

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: [USA] Toysrus Doorbusters 11/12 - 11/13 only

Post by natelite » Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:47 pm

tons of these in the tru stores around my area. frankly, these won't sell too well in the after market. no point in hoarding these.

anakinisvader
Knight
Knight

Post by anakinisvader » Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:01 pm

Both of the TRU's here didn't have any on the shelves. They told me they had them in the back on pallets to be stocked in the morning and wouldn't hold any for me. I wonder if Walmart will price match this ad? Anyone try this yet?
Why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Post by Mantisking » Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:13 pm

I picked up one today from the TRU in Framingham, MA. They had a fair amount and there was a sign on the shelf denoting the sale.

koromo
Knight
Knight

Post by koromo » Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:04 pm

Pity I already bought the set 25% from an Amazon seller and had $10gc to use when it was first released.
Lego Fan based in Seacoast Area of New Hampshire.

SpaceNinjaDino
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by SpaceNinjaDino » Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:29 pm

The ad for Northern California did not include the TIE Defender.
Went to my nearest TRU and they didn't have any. The system said one and the manager and I tried to find it. The system said the next nearest TRU had five in stock. It's a 60 mile round trip so I almost did not go thinking they'd probably already been snatched plus the dreadful drive.
I went there and there were actually 5 on the shelf with no discount tag. Everything around the item and more had big sale signs, so these two stores at least were not informed of the sale.
They said the computer indicating that the item was being discontinued (or at least TRU was not going to order anymore).
I picked up two, but they rang up $27.99 ea. because the regular price in Yuppie Central is $55.99.

Since I was in the area, I stopped by Target and found they had some Bullseye giftcards in stock so I got a few more. I also confirmed that location also had the Holiday Mini X-Wing and Powerboat prices switched.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:08 pm

natelite wrote:tons of these in the tru stores around my area. frankly, these won't sell too well in the after market. no point in hoarding these.
Parting them out on BrickLink yields better results than trying to sell it MISB, although I've found that to be the case almost universally.

I grabbed another three at the Poughkeepsie TRU in order to get the $10 gift card. Also grabbed four of the Stormtrooper speeder bike impulse (30005). I went back this morning and grabbed Kingdoms "Outpost Attack" (which was on sale for a modest $17 and change) for my daughter using the gift card, so it was $8.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive