[USA] Target Free Lego Target Pet with purchase of gift card

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
gabriellee11
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

[USA] Target Free Lego Target Pet with purchase of gift card

Post by gabriellee11 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:34 pm

Target stores will be getting a package that comes a free 31 piece Lego with purchase of a gift card. It needs to be the gift card package that comes a gift card and the Lego as shown in the below picture. They are usually near where the greeting card section are. Once you get the item shown in the picture below..at checkout the cashier will ask you the amount that you want to put in that gift card.

These are called Wow! Gift Cards...and on previous Wow! Gift Cards they had something like this http://www.target.com/Bullseye-Flyer-Gi ... ombrowse=1
bullseye.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by gabriellee11 on Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:42 pm, edited 4 times in total.

gabriellee11
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: [USA] Free Lego Target mascot with purchase of gift card

Post by gabriellee11 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:35 pm

dog2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

gabriellee11
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: [USA] Free Lego Target mascot with purchase of gift card

Post by gabriellee11 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:35 pm

package.jpg

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: [USA] Target Free Lego Target Pet with purchase of gift

Post by Ice » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:17 pm

Wow this is pretty cool. This is for any denomination of a gift card right?

rogerwisco
Peasant
Peasant

Post by rogerwisco » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:30 pm

Great find. I'll pick one up.

gabriellee11
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by gabriellee11 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:01 pm

The back of the plastic box/case is actually the gift card, so it comes together. I think the minimum is $5, but I can be wrong.

lego dad
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by lego dad » Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:23 am

gabriellee11 wrote:Target stores will be getting a package that comes a free 31 piece Lego with purchase of a gift card.
Thanks for the heads up! Are they available already or they will be getting them soon? I checked out 3 Target stores yesterday and didn't find anything.

earl9371
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by earl9371 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:47 pm

lego dad wrote:
gabriellee11 wrote:Target stores will be getting a package that comes a free 31 piece Lego with purchase of a gift card.
Thanks for the heads up! Are they available already or they will be getting them soon? I checked out 3 Target stores yesterday and didn't find anything.
The folks at my Target said they'd be out when the store opens on Sunday AM. I'd bet this will show up in their Sunday sales circular and will go fast!

earl9371
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by earl9371 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:53 pm

The current Bullseye gift card on the Target website - it comes with a balsa wood airplane - has a minimum purchase of $25. Anxious to see if the Lego one is the same way. My guess would be yes, as otherwise a lot of folks would put a buck or two on the card and walk out with the set.

Edmond Dantes
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Edmond Dantes » Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:29 pm

earl9371 wrote:The current Bullseye gift card on the Target website - it comes with a balsa wood airplane - has a minimum purchase of $25. Anxious to see if the Lego one is the same way. My guess would be yes, as otherwise a lot of folks would put a buck or two on the card and walk out with the set.

I bought one and put $20 on it. My brother in law bought four and put $5 on each one. So, it at least goes down to $5 (he used to be a manager at a Target, so he knows these things).

gabriellee11
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by gabriellee11 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:52 pm

They are available online now

http://www.target.com/LEGO-Dog/dp/B0047 ... ombrowse=1

with a minimum load of $25 per gift card and shipping is $1.95

goldd1gger
I'm New !

Post by goldd1gger » Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:05 pm

Does any one have a SKU number so that I can take a Target associate look it up for me? Without it, these target associates have no clue whatsoever.

SpaceViking
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by SpaceViking » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:50 pm

goldd1gger wrote:Does any one have a SKU number so that I can take a Target associate look it up for me? Without it, these target associates have no clue whatsoever.
SKU: 790011420

If they are out, it's hard to miss. But they do go quick. Glad to see they are available on-line too.

rvn013
I'm New !

Post by rvn013 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:47 pm

On average most store are getting only 4 cards. I bought 4 at my local Target and put $5.00 on each. I was told that the minimum amount was $5.00 for a gift card. Good Luck to everyone!

pumbaugh
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by pumbaugh » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:30 am

My local Target store had empty spaces for them saying they were sold out in the Gift Card section, but I found some on an end cap section near the small food section at my store.....grabbed one and put 10 on it for my 5 yr old nephew....He loves Lego and his own "credit card" as he calls it to pick something out himself. Great Idea Target/Lego!

jeffbock2
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by jeffbock2 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:13 am

Saw some on the end displays in the toy department. Don't remember if it was the end of the Lego aisle or not but I think it was.

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Post by Mantisking » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:19 am

Saw a location for them on an endcap at the Target in Lowell, MA. They also had a display built to help draw in customers.

SpaceNinjaDino
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by SpaceNinjaDino » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:03 pm

Got four from my Target. It's nice in-store that the minimum is $5. I think that's a glitch and they intended to make it $25 just like it is online. I love the exclusive bullseye printed brick; it's priceless.

Criticism:
They should have made the actual gift card not part of the box. It is not able to go into any wallet.
I'm surprised they used a hard plastic box to contain it. It must have been costly to produce and package. They should have saved money by making it a polybag with a backboard. I'm not for companies cutting corners, but I like to see less waste when possible.

I sincerely hope that Target does more LEGO exclusives. What I would love to see is a $100 "Target Store" set that includes a parking lot baseplate (it would match the modern road baseplates but have a parking lot deco and the stud placements would be unique), shopping carts, interior with two checkouts, three small departments: electronics, clothes, and grocery, SUV with trunk space, 2 Target employees + manager, 3 customers + 1 kid.

If they don't do a "Target" store, I hope they can at least make a general store like the one described above. One might say that we have the Grand Emporium (which is one of the best sets ever), but I've always wanted a suburban type store.

rogerwisco
Peasant
Peasant

Post by rogerwisco » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:02 pm

I was able to pick up 4 of them with $5 each on the gift cards. I agree that having the whole box is annoying to spend them, but oh well...it's a cool exclusive for free basically.