[CAN] ToysRUs LEGO Sale: Oct 29-Nov 4

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

[CAN] ToysRUs LEGO Sale: Oct 29-Nov 4

Post by Toys N Bricks » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:34 pm

Valid October 29 - November 4 in Canada only

This week, ToysRUs Canada is having many LEGO deals and promotions. Certain promotion have specific dates and details so please read everything listed below. Be sure to visit your local ToysRUs from October 29-31 for a Scratch Card where you can save an additional 5-50% off your purchase! Online orders above $100 will qualify you for FREE Shipping as well.

Scratch & Save Event: October 29-31 only
  • Spend $50 and get a scratch card and save an additional 5-50% off your purchase
  • Available instores only while supplies last
Toy Story Sale: November 2-4 only
  • Buy 1 Get 1 50% off on ALL Toy Story toys including LEGO
  • Second item must be of equal or lesser value
This Week's LEGO Sale
  • $60 for 2 on ALL $39.99 LEGO (excludes Toy Story)
  • $40 for 2 on ALL $27.99 LEGO (excludes Toy Story)
  • Mini LEGO Creator or Tiny Turbo sets $5.97 each (reg.$7.99)
  • FREE LEGO Star Wars Buildable Pen with $35 LEGO Star Wars purchase
  • FREE Stratgey Guide with purchase of LEGO Universe PC Game (reg.$39.99)
*Best deals are the $40 for $2 on ALL $27.99 LEGO as you'll be savings 25.9% off MSRP.

ImageImage

Permalink: http://toysnbricks.com/blog/can-toysrus ... -29-nov-4/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

Senator
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: [CAN] ToysRUs LEGO Sale: Oct 29-Nov 4

Post by Senator » Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:27 pm

I hate how the popular sets gets excluded from the sale.

Qudditch Match $26.99
Trains Level Crossing $26.99
Hyena Droid Bomber $27.99
Swamp Speeder $42.99

Seriously...?

Oh well at least all the other stuff is a good deal and the scratch card is nice. The Bogo on TS is good for getting the little polybag alien set.

autobrick
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by autobrick » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:48 pm

Senator wrote:I hate how the popular sets gets excluded from the sale.
I don't see why it would be excluded as the flyer states 'ALL $27.99 LEGO Building Sets', with a little asterisk pointing out that Toy Story does not qualify. Interesting how they explicitly exclude Toy Story, while Zellers is having their third Toy Story sale in just over a month!

Toys N Bricks wrote:*Best deals are the $40 for $2 on ALL $27.99 LEGO as you'll be savings 25.9% off MSRP.
Only if... :D

Senator
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Senator » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:17 am

autobrick wrote:
I don't see why it would be excluded as the flyer states 'ALL $27.99 LEGO Building Sets', with a little asterisk pointing out that Toy Story does not qualify. Interesting how they explicitly exclude Toy Story, while Zellers is having their third Toy Story sale in just over a month!
I mistyped it and $28.99. ;)

clock4me
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by clock4me » Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:47 am

Qudditch Match $26.99
Trains Level Crossing $26.99
Swamp Speeder $42.99

Seriously...?

Oh well at least all the other stuff is a good deal and the scratch card is nice. The Bogo on TS is good for getting the little polybag alien set.
The good news is that theres 1 star wars set at $39.99 suprisingly meaning it will qualify for the $60 for 2 deal. (Lego Star Wars Darth Vader's Tie Fighter)

I don't get why Hogwarts Game ($39.99) won't qualify though.

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:32 am

I would like to remind everyone that the $10 Star Wars Savings Cards expires October 31st. As clock4me mentioned, Darth Vader's Tie Fighter is a good deal already. But if you use the $10 savings card, you can get $50 for 2.

Don't forget that you can also get a scratch card (Oct 29-31) with this purchase. Minimum extra savings will be 5% off (so it works out to be $47.5 for 2 or $23.75 for 1). This is over 40% off the MSRP price! Finally, you will also get a FREE LEGO Star Wars pen as well.
  • $50 for 2 Darth Vader's Tie Fighter
  • Extra 5-50% off your purchase
  • FREE LEGO Star Wars pen

Toronadian
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Toronadian » Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:37 pm

There really doesn't seem to be anything of note that's for $27.99 OR $39.99 from their site. The only one that appeals to me is the City Tanker but I already have it. Oh well.

hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Post by hatcher » Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:00 am

Ice wrote:I would like to remind everyone that the $10 Star Wars Savings Cards expires October 31st. As clock4me mentioned, Darth Vader's Tie Fighter is a good deal already. But if you use the $10 savings card, you can get $50 for 2.

Don't forget that you can also get a scratch card (Oct 29-31) with this purchase. Minimum extra savings will be 5% off (so it works out to be $47.5 for 2 or $23.75 for 1). This is over 40% off the MSRP price! Finally, you will also get a FREE LEGO Star Wars pen as well.
  • $50 for 2 Darth Vader's Tie Fighter
  • Extra 5-50% off your purchase
  • FREE LEGO Star Wars pen
Nice suggestion, too bad it won't work. They wouldn't let me use both the scratch card and the $10 off card because the scratch card reads "not valid with any other offers". So I walked away and bought nothing. This despite the fact that they were going to give me the lego pen (another offer) AND they had some bricktober magnets left over and were going to give me one of those (another offer).

TRU may have just lost me as a customer over this. I haven't bought anything from Future shop in almost 4 years because they jerked me around on an extended warranty once.
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:51 pm

hatcher wrote:Nice suggestion, too bad it won't work. They wouldn't let me use both the scratch card and the $10 off card because the scratch card reads "not valid with any other offers". So I walked away and bought nothing. This despite the fact that they were going to give me the lego pen (another offer) AND they had some bricktober magnets left over and were going to give me one of those (another offer).
Seems like each store has their own policy and also depends on the cashier. The one I went to allowed me to use the $10 savings card along with the scratch card which I got 10% off. Also threw in a free star wars pen with it.

Although you couldn't get the scratch card, $50 for 2 Darth Vader's Fighter is still a good deal though considering you get a pen and a bricktober magnet. Lowest price for this set in Canada was $22.39 (or $19.6 if you have Sears Mastercard) at Sears Outlet last year ;)

bakelitetm
Citizen
Citizen

Post by bakelitetm » Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:29 pm

I picked up two Tie Fighters this morning. A pretty good deal. I scratched for 10%, so the price per set came out to around $27 before tax. Thanks!